Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    . . . most Pivot users I know hold the dildo to make sure it is straight and pull up as they step in. Either that or they don't fall in deep snow because they are afraid of missing a lap.
    I am a pivot guy and always make sure in deep snow I pull up on the dildo to make sure I’m in if they come off in deep snow. We also do a ton of boot packing in power and again I’m anal about making sure the bottoms of my boots are cleaned off.

The big take away here is about being anal about getting into your bindings correctly. Every piece of equipment has tolerances they work best in, your car, a fork, your ski bindings. Just because we don’t have to think twice about our bindings 95% of ski days, we can just step in and go, doesn’t mean can always, and that 5% scares me enough to where I’m always double checking every day to make sure I’m good

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’m anal about making sure the bottoms of my boots are cleaned off.

That’s what should be repeated over and over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't crucify me but... I ended up going with the Knee Binding.

Purchased from REI. If I experience prerelease or any other issues I can return em and snatch up a pair of Pivot's

What pushed me over the edge:

1. Spoke to an experienced user at REI in Denver who rides the Knee Binding. Asked extensively about prerelease, stack height experience, how it effected his overall skiing, etc. He (seemed to be) very honest and realistic with his experience.
    2. I am convinced that this binding suffers heavily from negative review bias (concept where 6 people with negative experiences are louder than 100 people with positive experiences)
    3. There was an update to the binding 2 years ago that fixed the hard step-in that many people complained about
    4. Lots of the issues are around getting them mounted/set up properly. Going to make sure I go to someone who knows absolutely how to set up these.
    5. Reasonably large range of adjustability at 26mm
    6. Purchased it with a coupon to which made the price similar to others in the market.

Thank you all for the advice and guidance.

An experienced user at REI. And unverifiable negative review bias.

Cool story buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by topher23 View Post
    Purchased from REI. If I experience prerelease or any other issues I can return em and snatch up a pair of Pivot's
    Do they have a neurosurgery department? Next to kayaks?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Cool story buddy.
    When has a TGR Tech-Talk thread ever resulted in an outcome of the OP buying something they didn't say they were going to buy in the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    When has a TGR Tech-Talk thread ever resulted in an outcome of the OP buying something they didn't say they were going to buy in the first post?
    I think I at one point posted about Spot devices and ended up buying an inReach.

True story: Lost it this weekend on a trail run. Some dude found it, sent me a text then dropped it off at my house--60mi from where he found it. World is good sometimes.

Cool story buddy.
    That's exactly what i thought

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^ (with @doebedoe being the exception that proves the rule).
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Do they have a neurosurgery department? Next to kayaks?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Get safe.
    Make turns.
    Ski hard.

1. Spoke to an experienced user at REI in Denver who rides the Knee Binding. Asked extensively about prerelease, stack height experience, how it effected his overall skiing, etc. He (seemed to be) very honest and realistic with his experience.
    2. I am convinced that this binding suffers heavily from negative review bias (concept where 6 people with negative experiences are louder than 100 people with positive experiences)
    3. There was an update to the binding 2 years ago that fixed the hard step-in that many people complained about
    4. Lots of the issues are around getting them mounted/set up properly. Going to make sure I go to someone who knows absolutely how to set up these.
    6. Purchased it with a coupon to which made the price similar to others in the market.

You made a mistake. Good luck.

So you ignored a bunch of user’s experience and believed some beater at an REI in denver? REI isn’t even a real ski store, and denvers not a real ski town, sounds like a super reliable source to me. Good luck finding your ski when it ejects on the first 5 foot drop you hit and rocket ships away because the brakes don’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Get safe.
    Make turns.
    Ski hard.
    I prefer

Make ski.
    Ski turns.
    Get hard.

I prefer

Make ski.
    Get hard.
    Ski turns.
    Fixed. My skis don't turn until I'm hard.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    But but you forgot safety.

Skiing without safety is reckless. Turns without safety are bound for the fences/trees/precipii. Hardness without safety is rapey and uncool. Or priapistic, also uncool, like the fkn moron OP buying knee bindings from the dork at REI.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    But but you forgot safety
    Safety fourth

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Flex #5 ... all the way.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I honestly think you'll be reasonably happy. IMO, KB isn't trash.
    Would love to hear your opinion after a few months, so drop a line when you've got some time on them.

I have a pair or two I've intended to mount myself, but I'm mostly skiing Attack/Warden Demos. [Also decent bindings.]

KB is a good choice for someone who wants to be able to tell themselves they did everything they could to be safe. (Whether they actually did that is irrelevant.)