Steezy home shop/workbench

Home shop ninjas. Whatcha got? What's awesome about it? What would you change?

Finally have time and room for a proper bench, maybe some pegboard, maybe even a power strip if I get steezy. For the last year I've literally been setting up on top of the chest freezer in the garage. Not quite big enough to hold the truing stand without cocking it at an angle. Before I upgraded to the freezer lid, I was usually just working on the floor or an empty cooler. Everything blows up out of my various tool boxes and bins, and gets put back on shelves when done. Or just gets tripped over for a week or two. I get a half boner whenever I see someones tidy shop space.
    Before anyone asks, just moved into 14th place since wedding 22 years ago. And never enough space or money to deal with anything un-crucial. This is the first place we're not planning to be in short term.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Not my place but I've spent a lot of time over the years tinkering on bikes and skis in this garage with NW_SKIER.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200828_162138.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	339834

Name:	IMG_4724.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	727.3 KB 
ID:	339959
    My little place of peace. I'm currently working on wheel building bench/setup.

Whao, that's a lotta shit. What do you use for an actual work surface?

Major points to Dee for heat and excellent lighting.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I also have a rolling cart and a tray on the work stand.
    I'm not home, but will do a cleaned up shot next week, with the beer fridge full, and the TdF on the garage TV.

My new house doesn't have a garage, but it has a 16x20 shop that is pretty nice inside with a door and a few windows. Looking forward to getting it all set up and organized in the next few weeks. I'm one of those nerds that has to have everything organized, though I'm no clean freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I also have a rolling cart and a tray on the work stand.
    I'm not home, but will do a cleaned up shot next week, with the beer fridge full, and the TdF on the garage TV.
    Really asking because regardless my workspace (folding table, chest freezer, Rubbermaid bin, cardboard box, the floor), it always ends up completely covered with shit. In my fantasy world, a proper bench will prevent the surface clutter. Probably not realistic though.

I got an unheated shed for the bikes and a repurposed bedroom for the skis, its gona get to -20 so you don't wana be outside waxing at that temp,

also you gotta figure out what will freeze and take it in the house, I've switched to Squirt wax based lube and if that stuff freezes the consistancey gets fucked up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post

Name:	IMG_4724.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	727.3 KB 
ID:	339959
    My little place of peace. I'm currently working on wheel building bench/setup.
    !!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

The workbench:

The truing stand and storage:

The whole space [CLICK]

All the materials were free

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	340110

Name:	IMG_0136.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	340111
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

damn thats a sweet set up

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Not my place but I've spent a lot of time over the years tinkering on bikes and skis in this garage with NW_SKIER.

Name:	20200828_162138.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	339834

What makes a workbench steezy? Is it too big, while being down around your knees?

Tiny garage. Got to fit the yard stuff in as well. Plan to do a shed in future to get the yard crap out.

Name:	IMG_0809.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	340201

Name:	IMG_0810.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	340202

Name:	IMG_0811.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	340203

Name:	IMG_0812.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	927.6 KB 
ID:	340204

Name:	IMG_0814.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	340206
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0813.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	961.2 KB 
ID:	340205  
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I only get 1/4 of the garage for the workbench because "SOMEONE" insists on parking their car in half of it. And the other 1/4 is her bike, the stroller, the bike trailer, etc.

Name:	IMG_0128.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	340219

Really asking because regardless my workspace (folding table, chest freezer, Rubbermaid bin, cardboard box, the floor), it always ends up completely covered with shit. In my fantasy world, a proper bench will prevent the surface clutter. Probably not realistic though.
    When I get a chance to rework my workshop spaces I want to reduce the bench space by half but can't because skis are long. All a bench top really is is a place to put stuff down. I currently have 15 feet of bench top and 16 feet of it is covered with stuff that pretty much does actually have a proper home. If I could solve that "problem" I'd have the best basement shop in town. I'm also going to finish building out the driveway shop because sometimes you just have to work outside.

Pics soon, after I clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    When I get a chance to rework my workshop spaces I want to reduce the bench space by half but can't because skis are long. All a bench top really is is a place to put stuff down. I currently have 15 feet of bench top and 16 feet of it is covered with stuff that pretty much does actually have a proper home. If I could solve that "problem" I'd have the best basement shop in town. I'm also going to finish building out the driveway shop because sometimes you just have to work outside.

Pics soon, after I clean up.
    I have the same husky chest as Andeh does in his post above. Its the shit for the driveway shop cause you can roll all your tools to where you are working and have a workbench there.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I currently have 15 feet of bench top and 16 feet of it is covered with stuff that pretty much does actually have a proper home. If I could solve that "problem" I'd have the best basement shop in town.
    I’m in the same position lol. That’s because I don’t leave enough time for proper shop cleanup after things are done, and also I have a toddler so I never really got my parts and hardware storage properly organized when we moved into the house and she was 3 months old and I was also 2 months post-shoulder surgery - heh. (Excuses)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Steezy home shop/workbench

Love all the steezy shops.

On mine I wired a timer switch into a power strip which is mounted belt high just under the bench top. That way i never leave the waxing iron on after a stoned waxing binge. Doubles as a handy on/off for the under bench shop vac.
    That Don't Make No Sense

The top of my bench proper was always covered with tools until I got the Husky chest. It's stayed (mostly) clear for a solid 6 months since then, which is like 5.5 months longer than my previous record. $400 well spent.

The workshop corner of my garage, with zero cleanup prep to make it pretty for you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The workshop corner of my garage, with zero cleanup prep to make it pretty for you all.
    Like it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense