Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just One.

Just One.

Just One.

That was the dinner discussion topic tonight: name the one person, alive or dead, that you would spend the day with and what you’d do. No restrictions on the activities. Interesting responses followed.

Me? I had a personal response involving an all-too-missed family member.

Tailored for this dark corner of the webs, what say you?

I say moguls with Plake. Maybe Candide too if Glen is busy being rad somewhere.

Failing all of that. Just a beer with Tedski and hearing about his travels might be nice.
    I still call it The Jake.

Have a beer with Bezos, give him a couple million dollar ideas, boom never work again.

My pops. He died seven years ago today. He’d be 75 years and six days old. He died on the job two months pre-retirement. We had a bunch of plans we’d never fit into a day but it would be better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    My pops. He died seven years ago today. He’d be 75 years and six days old. He died on the job two months pre-retirement. We had a bunch of plans we’d never fit into a day but it would be better than nothing.
    Sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by KQ; 09-12-2020 at 12:50 AM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My dad also. He died when I was 19. He probably wouldn't be that great to talk to since he'd be 101. Or we could meet at the age he died--51--but then I'd be 19 years older than him. When he died I was a college fuck up. I'd like him to see that I'm a successful retired fuck up.

Mila Kunis

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'd like day following a dear friend around Kirkwood. She never got the chance to show me around, we talked about it. But I missed my chance. Still haven't made it there and I still want to go. I remember exploring snowbird together as freshmen who'd both never skied there before. For whatever reason I felt so guilty about her suicide it put me in a bit of a tailspin for a few years. But I got through it and I put hundreds of days and millions of vert on the boots she convinced me to get when I was afraid a race boot would kick my ass.

Suspect she or her family overlapped with some mags but it wasn't my place to say anything on here at the time. Now it's been so long and I guess it's ok. If this weren't tgr I'd probably pick someone else but that was my first thought.

Some good, thoughtful answers. But I'm just gonna go with Marilyn Monroe. Or, if I can bend the rules a little, with Marilyn and Truman Capote on the day described here (the first four paragraphs are an intro), as long as I could hang with Marilyn for a couple hours after Truman left: An Abbess In High-Heeled Shoes

Another vote for Dad. Mine left this plane of existence when I was 16. Like og, I'd love for him to see that I actually turned out not to be a total waste of skin. I think he'd like the fact that I retired 7 years before his age when he died.

Mark Twain

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I guess I'd go with Dad too if he had to tell me wtf he's thinking about when he comes back. If he was just gonna sit there reading without saying much like he always did I guess I'd pass.

My best friend from college who died from lung cancer five years ago. I miss our phone talks a lot.

My late wife. But more than one day.

Come to think of it, just one day might be brutal though.

My dad as well. Just so he could meet the grand kids, died 13 months and 10 days before my son was born. He really would have gotten a kick out of these two nuts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

My dad. He was only 51 and passed pretty suddenly. Hard to believe it has been nearly 8 years. We would probably go skiing. He started skiing later in life, but was very much at home in the mountains.

If dad can't be resurrected either son will do. The one in Boston hopefully will make it here in December. The other has been in Sac the last 6 years so we saw him a lot but he was transferred to Las Vegas a month ago and we miss him already. One used to be my backpacking partner, the other my ski partner. Both are about to get married so their priorities have to change. Life is too short, even if the days are too long these days.

Grandfather, mothers side.

He was a character.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Just One.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Grandfather, mothers side.

He was a character.
    Same, no question. Mine, not yours.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

A couple family members come to mind, but I would like to hang with the Dalai Lama for a day. Maybe going for some kind of light hike.

Just One.

Hiking with Teddy Roosevelt would be a leading contender

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I guess I'd go with Dad too if he had to tell me wtf he's thinking about when he comes back. If he was just gonna sit there reading without saying much like he always did I guess I'd pass.
    can so totally relate. My wife describes her first thanksgiving with my family as a trip to the library.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    A couple family members come to mind, but I would like to hang with the Dalai Lama for a day. Maybe going for some kind of light hike.
    Maybe go golfing? You could carry his clubs.

If I could score an oz of blow and round up a bunch of hookers, Sam Kinison for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If I could score an oz of blow and round up a bunch of hookers, Sam Kinison for sure.
    Just an Oz??? It's ok if you don't want any, but I am sure the hookers want at least a little.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Maybe go golfing? You could carry his clubs.

“Gunga galunga … gunga, gunga-lagunga."

Shake it, shake it Sugaree...