Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    how did you deal with them?
    We eventually parted ways. She lived in a condo in Hoboken. Not as nice as Benny's place in Greenwich. It was built like shit. Ceiling had nail pops all over the place too.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    We eventually parted ways. She lived in a condo in Hoboken. Not as nice as Benny's place in Greenwich. It was built like shit. Ceiling had nail pops all over the place too.
    Wait, I thought you were talking about saggy boobs.

did you notice the nail pops while on your back?

^Sickos.

I never understood why drywallers use nails once in a while along a sheet. One of those drywall screw guns and zip, zip, done. No pops.

^ I was referencing a sagging joists solution

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I bet that stove has 0% to do with that damage. My bet is ice damming. 2 steep roofs over living space emptying onto less steep roof deck that extends past living space and freezing/damming. That eave looks to be in about the same place the damage occured. Roof was replaced for a reason. Kevo, what year was the house built?

Roof replaced @ 10 yrs? Hmmmmmm.....
    Is the eave on the other side of the damage?

The damage could even be from an issue with the old roof at this point.

The valley/ change of plans is on the other side of the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The damage could even be from an issue with the old roof at this point.
    This is my point

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    The valley/ change of plans is on the other side of the damage.
    Which puts it over that upper eave w/ no heated living space directly below roof deck

This is getting complicated. I'd like to hear from fastfred. He has a way of simplifying things.

I bet that stove has 0% to do with that damage. My bet is ice damming. 2 steep roofs over living space emptying onto less steep roof deck that extends past living space and freezing/damming. That eave looks to be in about the same place the damage occured. Roof was replaced for a reason. Kevo, what year was the house built?
    But couldn't the concentrated heat from the stove flue pipe be a contributing factor to the ice damming? Hot pipe, melts snow, which freezes into ice... repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

This is getting complicated. I'd like to hear from fastfred. He has a way of simplifying things.
    Well, I'm not fastfred, but I am a contractor. I think I can explain on his behalf:

The issue is when I'm down on the rug in front of the fire with your blonde housemate, things get hot and wet. And while things are hot and wet it's fine, but after a while I'm gonna need a break for some food and a oneie and I won't be stoking up the fire. That's when it all slows down, cools off and gets crusty. That's a problem. You don't want a model that lends itself to getting crusty, you need it to either stay hot and wet all the time or you need it to be smooth and steep enough to shed off the crust or else you're gonna need to get your hands dirty once I'm done and clean it out before you get heated up again. If it's all crusty and you try to get things warmed up again, all that wetness is going to back up and run god knows where. That makes a big mess and you'll pay me triple to come back and make it smooth and hot again.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

That's pretty funneh ^^ Thanks for the laugh
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I have the same joist compression showing up in my house in Truckee at the base of the full span (approx 24 ft span) vaulted ceiling. The joist compressions became noticeable during the last big snow year. There is no water damage, and I dont even think there is structural damage, simply compression under snow load and rebound after the snow melts. The house was constructed in 2006 with the original roof. It sounds like you're on the right track as far as the roof corner collects extra snow. The drywall looks the same as mine and I don't see any evidence of water damage based on the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Well, I'm not fastfred, but I am a contractor. I think I can explain on his behalf:

The issue is when I'm down on the rug in front of the fire with your blonde housemate, things get hot and wet. And while things are hot and wet it's fine, but after a while I'm gonna need a break for some food and a oneie and I won't be stoking up the fire. That's when it all slows down, cools off and gets crusty. That's a problem. You don't want a model that lends itself to getting crusty, you need it to either stay hot and wet all the time or you need it to be smooth and steep enough to shed off the crust or else you're gonna need to get your hands dirty once I'm done and clean it out before you get heated up again. If it's all crusty and you try to get things warmed up again, all that wetness is going to back up and run god knows where. That makes a big mess and you'll pay me triple to come back and make it smooth and hot again.
    solid work mr sapp, I 'd like you too know that our corporation has an opening for a like minded individual like yourself we can offer a wide variaty of weed strains and available in the office fridge the dispensaries are right across the street so there is no "running out" possibly housing and endless amounts of work for a guy who knows managment and problem solving like you do