Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    5 days post op: onto the tramadol which i like > the hydro morphine, I seem to be able to walk without crutches albeit very carefully, GF brought over a pizza last night which gave us both Diarrhea to counter-act the constipation I was already experiencing ... guts feel way better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Awww, I didnt think of that...

There's the perfect takeaway too...

goggling tells me that opiods can give you the hicups, so on-off mostly on I've had hiccups for 6 days, 3days of no shit followed by 2-3 days of the shits, i was jittery, I couldnt think (yeah even worse than usual) like those drug addicts you see on tv, i had 2 beers and the stomach was fucked up

I don't wana do this^^ anymore

I stopped taking the Tramdol ,

getting by ok on 400mg of IBU

You're almost over the hump XXXer...things will start to improve a lot very soon if not already. The first week sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't wana do this^^ anymore

I stopped taking the Tramdol ,

getting by ok on 400mg of IBU
    Yea, I was prescribed oxys after my ACL surgery last year, taking them made me understand how people get hooked on 'em and loose their minds. I stopped taking the hard stuff and switched to IBU/Tylenol after like 3 or 4 days. Found that some standard over the counter CVS brand fiber pills helped a lot with the digestive issues too.

First week definitely sucks, then it's up from there. Once you start PT you'll see improvements which help to boost the mindset too. start crushin' like 100+ quad sets a day and you'll be back in action before you know it. positive healing vibes dude
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

so what i learned is even if it doesnt hurt post op get on the heavy duty meds right away cuz when the drugs wear off its gona hurt andd don't forget the laxitive, but then get off the opiates soon as you can, maybe you can handle it with IBU within a week, maybe you might be walking within a week

so its 2 weeks post op I had the first PT appointment

He sez i look good range of motion wise, he has given me exercises to get more range of motion but no strengthening exercises, sez for the next 2 or 3 months I am in the most danger of blowing up the repair so I gota be careful for the next 2-3 months, he exsplained how the surgeon mines a 5-6" piece of tendon out of my knee doubles or triples it up and puts it where the ligament was,

the knee feels good, really tight, no noises no crunching

edit: pretty much off all painkillers in 16 days
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-15-2020 at 03:01 PM.

crunching will come... The next is a constant paranoia that every time it feels a little funny you'll panic that you've torn the repair

It's a long, slow process. But doesn't look like you're gonna miss much of a season this year so.... .

6 months post op last week and so I go out all excited with my new Pliometric exercises and immediately tweak my calve on the "good" leg. So now I'm limping on two legs

6 weeks post op seen the surgeon for followup, it feels pretty good, no more pain killers, pretty good range of motion the exercise bike was the best thing for stiffness, walking is fine i still have to one- step going down stairs, the surgeon sez its probably just a matter of strength and that going down is actualy harder than going up, he said ACL was completely done so he did reconstruction and trimmed some meniscus, I think i picked a good surgeon and I'm pretty happy with the out come so far

I see the PT every 2 weeks to find out whats next, buddy sez I am doing really well but keep it reined in, he wasnt that impressed i was out on the Fat bike

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    6 weeks post op seen the surgeon for followup, it feels pretty good, no more pain killers, pretty good range of motion the exercise bike was the best thing for stiffness, walking is fine i still have to one- step going down stairs, the surgeon sez its probably just a matter of strength and that going down is actualy harder than going up, he said ACL was completely done so he did reconstruction and trimmed some meniscus, I think i picked a good surgeon and I'm pretty happy with the out come so far

I see the PT every 2 weeks to find out whats next, buddy sez I am doing really well but keep it reined in, he wasnt that impressed i was out on the Fat bike
    You're coming up at the point where the graft is at it's weakest, but you'll be feeling pretty strong. Just start killing your quad and hip strength over the next four months and you'll be there!

Stay off the moving bike dood, seriously. Arewolfe is on point about the graft.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums