Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I also really liked the EHP. But I've also had a pair of the 189 hot-rod vomit Turbos since they were new. They're not a 10/10 anywhere, but they're a Solid 7 everywhere.

What really intrigues me is if you took a Turbo profile and put it in the EHP press. I think THAT would be the tits.
    Just reissue both, maybe the turbos with a layer of metal. They were both such good skis. The devastator was a good turbo replacement. I love the hojis but its a much different ski than the ehp.

Ok so now that there's clear tgr-wide consensus on EHP reissue ; ) ...
    Pilsner topsheet, am I right?
    Name:  4frnt pilsner.png
Views: 1223
Size:  370.2 KB

Yes, without a doubt.

did they make any other good tops sheets???

2010 Watercolors are a close second IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    not that i'm aware of
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    2010 Watercolors are a close second IMO
    Possible sacrilege but I think I like those even better.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Possible sacrilege but I think I like those even better.
    I agree- favorite top sheets
    "What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."

-Eugene Delacroix

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I liked the tree/mountain photograph topsheets (last gen?)

I loved my 186 EHP's. Would definitely buy another pair if they produced a run of them again.

I don't recall the ski ever having a bad graphic; they were always fairly understated and inoffensive. I had 2 pairs of the 186 and a pair of the 179's. Thoroughly enjoyed 'em all.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

The very first season of the ehp ( white and black top sheet) was a different ski but a super rad top sheet. That year the three different sizes were very different skis. The 193 is still to this day my favorite ski ever. Too bad I snapped mine in half hitting smokestack at snowbird

I thought the first year there was just the 193 and the 190 which was a VCT or something? Then they added the 186, right? I liked the watercolor ones and the early tree one. None were bad

[QUOTE=Caucasian Asian;6086817 But I've also had a pair of the 189 hot-rod vomit Turbos since they were new. They're not a 10/10 anywhere, but they're a Solid 7 everywhere.

[/QUOTE]

I picked up a fairly beat pair of these this summer and originally planned to harvest bindings off them, but I'm gonna fix them for rock skis. I'm looking forward to skiing them, I demo'd a pair way back when they were new and remember liking them.

So have been watching this thread - are we saying an EHP relaunch is possible...? Count me in for a 193..:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I picked up a fairly beat pair of these this summer and originally planned to harvest bindings off them, but I'm gonna fix them for rock skis. I'm looking forward to skiing them, I demo'd a pair way back when they were new and remember liking them.
    If you have the og black and white 193s. Id be willing to make a good (for you) trade. Been dying to get my hands on a pair since I broke mine. PM me if you can be tempted

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    If you have the og black and white 193s. Id be willing to make a good (for you) trade. Been dying to get my hands on a pair since I broke mine. PM me if you can be tempted
    For some reason my quote didn't work, I was talking about the 189 turbos caucasian asian mentioned.

Well if anyone reading this thread has a pair of those I can will certainly make it worth it. Those skis are my holy grail. Id be willing to trade about anything in my quiver except my spatulas

4frnt sold, again

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    I agree- favorite top sheets
    Thirded. I also liked all the EHP topsheets.

Now lets just hope new 4frnt owners are listening! I'm thinking some limited run based 100% on pre orders... but that said, I don't know anything about ski biz economics

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Well if anyone reading this thread has a pair of those I can will certainly make it worth it. Those skis are my holy grail. I’d be willing to trade about anything in my quiver except my spatulas
    What's so special about that edition?

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    Now lets just hope new 4frnt owners are listening! I'm thinking some limited run based 100% on pre orders... but that said, I don't know anything about ski biz economics
    I'd be in for a pair of 186s for sure.

Are these the original first years? I never was sure. The specs are diff - 113mm waist vs the rest of the years being 116 I think
    I snapped these hitting a tree - somehow not injured myself
    (And BTW, no idea why pics sometimes upload sideways or upside down)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4frnt ehp orig (2).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	342416

Name:	4frnt ehp orig (1).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	342417

Pilsner graphics are excellent. I think the Renegade was a fatter, more evolved shape of the EHP. Which, when I do ski the Renegades, they ski to the bottom. That said; I'd still snag a pair of Pilsner EHP reruns. I bet they ski a bit better here in the PNWet than they did in Montana.

4frnt sold, again

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    Are these the original first years? I never was sure. The specs are diff - 113mm waist vs the rest of the years being 116 I think
    I snapped these hitting a tree - somehow not injured myself
    (And BTW, no idea why pics sometimes upload sideways or upside down)

Name:	4frnt ehp orig (2).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	342416

Name:	4frnt ehp orig (1).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	342417
    Those are the original years. The 193 has a different graffic, black and white snow covered trees. The 193 of that year was similar to all the following years, but had a slightly wider tip. Might have been the first totally flat under foot pow ski. My main love of them was that at the time I was really at the top of my game.

EH's skis are, generally, all great in bad snow, but EHPs can make a bad day good. OGs rens were so Metal, and hojis a little too Reggae. EHPs were Sublime.

EHPs are not the tits deep powder ski you're looking for, but for everything else off-piste there has never been a better ski. Almost reverse sidecut like hydrodynamics, but with full edge contact when you need it. Flat camber for stabliity, but just soft enough to bend once the ski engadged.

My all-time #1 most memorable turn was on the Renegade, but #2-99 where all on the EHP.