Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sender Squad vs. M-Free 108

I've been sold to the idea of the M-Free 108 since February after being on the PROTO/M-Free 118 last season.

I'm having second thoughts now the more I look at the impressive lineup from Rossignol. I'm curious if anyone has some insight into how the behavior on the Sender Squad, and maybe even the Sender Ti behave in comparison to the M-Free 108.

FWIW, I've skied on the Rossi Sickle, RC112, 195cm S7, LPR, Cham 107, and a few other skis that may be similar to the Sender Squad.

Would appreciate any info you've got!

I'm curious as well. I skied the m-free 108 quite a bit last season, and they were my first pick in almost any condition.

The pictures of the sender squad look interesting.

Haven’t skied the Sender Squad but the Sender Ti was just ok. Sender without Ti was better IMO. Both skied on a shitty hard day. M-Free 108 was mo better for sure.

Sender Squad seems like it would be more RC112 than M-Free 108; but again haven’t skied it. Skibird is the only person I know who has a pair, hopefully he can chime in.

The Sender Squads are stiff. Like stiff stiff. BUT they look and flex awesome for how stiff they are. It’s a firm even flex, but comes back fast, like have a lot of rebound fast. This is all my hand flexing so take it with a grain of salt. We did get snow earlier this week but not enough to ski, so my on snow impression will have to wait, but I’m excited.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Have any of you skied the new Salomon Stance 102? Not wide, however the rocker profile and overall construction look awesome. I’d be all over it if it was 110ish underfoot. Nice to see Salomon and Rossignol making serious charger skis again.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieIbex View Post
    Have any of you skied the new Salomon Stance 102? Not wide, however the rocker profile and overall construction look awesome. I’d be all over it if it was 110ish underfoot. Nice to see Salomon and Rossignol making serious charger skis again.
    Soul 7s charged pretty hard.

Name:  elrisitas.jpg
Views: 3618
Size:  39.7 KB

What about the Wrenegade 110 Pro for you?

Bumping an old thread. Picked up Skibrd’s Sender Squads and now getting ready to mount them up.

I think the only person I have heard from who has skied them a good bit is Bry. Bry - did you go on recommended or the -2 line? Also, anyone else have mount point input?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I went on the -2 line which I believe is -8.25 and like them there.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Bumping an old thread. Picked up Skibrd’s Sender Squads and now getting ready to mount them up.

I think the only person I have heard from who has skied them a good bit is Bry. Bry - did you go on recommended or the -2 line? Also, anyone else have mount point input?
    I tried both on my first pair (that’s the warranty replacement pair), definitely liked them more at the recommended line. If I didn’t sell you those I would of gone at -1. The recommended felt a bit to far forward with a fun ski with a touch too much tail, and at -2 they felt like a big stiff ski that was hard to get around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I mounted them with Warden 13 demos at -1 so I can play around with the mount point. Anxious to get these out soon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639866197.844473.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	397299

Excited to hear your thoughts, particularly if they’re a lot more ski than the 192 MF 108s (my guess is they are). The Sender Squads are a cool looking ski.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Excited to hear your thoughts, particularly if they’re a lot more ski than the 192 MF 108s (my guess is they are). The Sender Squads are a cool looking ski.
    Here is a comparison of the two lined up on the “recommended” mount points:

Name:	Image1639869390.050172.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	397314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639869400.341518.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	397315 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639869448.466036.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	397316

Name:	Image1639869502.872057.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	397319

Free looks more fun

Looks like they are about the same length. Looking forward to hearing more.

Got out today for a few hours on the Sender Squad’s. I’m starting to see what all the fuss is about. Reminded me of a 192 M-Free 108 minus the camber and more damp. Really interesting ski.

Got out today for a few hours on the Sender Squad’s. I’m starting to see what all the fuss is about. Reminded me of a 192 M-Free 108 minus the camber and more damp. Really interesting ski.
    All that rubber makes for a special feel thats for sure

Bring it to Alpental next week!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Sickle had a lot of rubber. part of the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Personally I never liked the feel of rubbers. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Sickle had a lot of rubber. part of the magic.
    I didn't know that but I really felt like the magic was in the camber. I.e. when mine got stolen and I bought a pair of the mis-pressed versions hoping for the best, I never jived with them.

I feel similarly about my much loved rocker2 100s... I feel like they nailed the rocker profile when, at that time anyway, people seemed to just he throwing rocker in a ski and hoping for the best.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Hey Bandit Man, any more days on your Sender Squads? Are they stable yet versatile like the M-Free 108 or are they a ski that really wants to run fast in open spaces? When would you use one over the other?

Hey Bandit Man, any more days on your Sender Squads? Are they stable yet versatile like the M-Free 108 or are they a ski that really wants to run fast in open spaces? When would you use one over the other?
    I like the squad much more than the mfree for Whis. Less camber and smoother in all the variable we ski. Not as quick and fun however.

I know everyone loves the mfree on here, but I have a lot of skis and sold the mfree’s and kept the squads so YMMV.

Unfortunately just the one day so far. The Sender Squads ski “bigger” but aren’t difficult to manage. My sense is they will offer a certain level of versatility but just feel much more quiet and damp.

If you told me I had to pick one, it would be the Mfree108. It offers more versatility for my day to day skiing needs.

Bry has a lot more experience on them at Mammoth. Maybe he’ll chime in.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Guys I was so excited to see this last night. I got up to Mammoth Sunday night for the week. Last second I swapped out the LP105s for Sender Squads in the roof box.

Yesterday was skiing Mantra 102s for the first time this season, will save some refreshed observations for another thread, but did think to myself, man you fucked up not bringing up the pro riders bc the terrain is flat and fast and fucked right now, but not bumped out at all save for the usual spots.

Was gonna get on some new to me BMX105hps for the first time ever today but was game on for the opportunity to satisfy this post about of the sender squads, so I grabbed them instead, shaking my head that monster 98s or brahmas were probably more apt choices. Way less rocker on the Rossi's than the BMX105hps btw.

But the sender squads are just so damp and smooth and versatile, I was way more comfortable clean drifting at speed, straightlining, or simply skiing fast down the slow line than I was on the M102s I skied all day yesterday. They slide and surf around underfoot how I wish the LPs only would and are so damp and quiet. Carve well and easy to get on edge for 110 underfoot too.

Anyway, I had an awesome day on them and think they're keepers and recommend them. I also mounted them at -2cm, so -8.25cm. Not for a second do I think I would like them more with a more forward mount. But I get why one might want that.

I built some custom MVP 108s to be my version of a fun but versatile ski like the M Free 108s. Similar shapes and profiles, ski short, soft snow bias, etc, but wanted something heavier, possibly more damp, so I got some five flex heavy hitter no carbon 193s mounted -8 I'll take out this week and see what's what. They sound like 2x4s as I write this but I remain confident.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk