Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Great thread and felt compelled to contribute.

I don't have experience on the m-free 108s but significant experience with moment wildcat 108 (which are very similar in shape). I've been on the squads this season.

I've been pulling the squads out almost exclusively relative to the two. They are surprisingly nimble for their size, the lack of camber makes them relatively nimble in trees or tight spots. I cannot praise the squads enough. They rip anything "comfortably", are confidence inspiring, fun in the air, pretty good on hardpack, and love going fast while still being playful.

I love the wildcats but felt lack of tail support exiting turns limited aggressive skiing and certainly absorb less shock than the squads + shorter effective edge. The wc108s are surfy in snow, incredible in tight spots.

I feel like the squads shape is between an Enforcer and a m-free/wc. that is an interesting geometry coupled with the suspension and relatively light swing weight. The comments re Whistler and folks using as a daily resonate with me. Directional hard charging playful skiers would get along very well with the squads.

Didn't expect to be using this as my primary tool in Colorado and am bringing them to Big Sky this week. I'm 6'4 200lbs. My two bits
    Great contribution! Curious, what mount point did you choose?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Great contribution! Curious, what mount point did you choose?
    I went with recommended per the guidance from blister. Been very happy with it and definitely feel you can drive the tips while remaining playful.

Anyone coming to the INW get together have a pair to share?

I share this vibe on digging them more I use them. The dampness is not dead and I find myself skiing more aggressively and hitting features without needing an overly active style that I need with a lighter ski

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Anyone coming to the INW get together have a pair to share?
    Woody,

What is this INW gathering of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Woody,

What is this INW gathering of which you speak?
    Obviously I'm not Woody, but happy to help. Come join us.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=343400

Great thread and felt compelled to contribute.

I don't have experience on the m-free 108s but significant experience with moment wildcat 108 (which are very similar in shape). I've been on the squads this season.

I've been pulling the squads out almost exclusively relative to the two. They are surprisingly nimble for their size, the lack of camber makes them relatively nimble in trees or tight spots. I cannot praise the squads enough. They rip anything "comfortably", are confidence inspiring, fun in the air, pretty good on hardpack, and love going fast while still being playful.

I love the wildcats but felt lack of tail support exiting turns limited aggressive skiing and certainly absorb less shock than the squads + shorter effective edge. The wc108s are surfy in snow, incredible in tight spots.

I feel like the squads shape is between an Enforcer and a m-free/wc. that is an interesting geometry coupled with the suspension and relatively light swing weight. The comments re Whistler and folks using as a daily resonate with me. Directional hard charging playful skiers would get along very well with the squads.

Didn't expect to be using this as my primary tool in Colorado and am bringing them to Big Sky this week. I'm 6'4 200lbs. My two bits
    I noticed about 1/3 of patrol at big sky were skiing the squads off the tram. I really enjoyed the squads for big sky type terrain. Long effective edge, solid suspension and a playful enough tail to yield a playful charger. Never felt like I had the wrong tool off Lenin, Marx, gullies etc.

I noticed about 1/3 of patrol at big sky were skiing the squads off the tram. I really enjoyed the squads for big sky type terrain. Long effective edge, solid suspension and a playful enough tail to yield a playful charger. Never felt like I had the wrong tool off Lenin, Marx, gullies etc.
    I’m really starting to think I should of kept the Squads and sold the Blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

additional thoughts re sender squads as I have ~20 days on them this season mounted at recommended.

Had these at Vail in mid April in some hot pow with the Mrs and tea cup into china bowl (north side of china bowl) was a blast, ripping frontside groomers at 60mph, and trees. These skis are capable of GS turns, are considerably playful for their size, and the dampness is incredibly confidence inspiring. I'm 6'4 200lbs and really appreciate this ski relative to more "mustache rockered" skis where I feel the lack of tail support....maybe I'm not digging the surfy vibe that those skis offer as I appreciate some tail support when exiting turns while also being able to easily break it free.

What I'm chewing on after this season (starting to mtb a lot more these days) is I can ski these at places like (local places) Eldora and Big Sky and never feel like I have the wrong tool. Variety of turn shapes (fast) and I find them pretty playful in the air, too - something I've scoured threads on and not really hearing too much on.

I ended up selling the wildcat 108s - maybe the commander 108 would be fun but feels like its encroaching into squad land with a tool I've had going 60+ mph, steeps, trees, and what I keep scratching my head on is they are almost as nimble as the wc108s in trees.

have skied this at Big Sky, Eldora, Winter Park, Vail.

my two cents.

maybe the commander 108 would be fun but feels like its encroaching into squad land with a tool I've had going 60+ mph, steeps, trees, and what I keep scratching my head on is they are almost as nimble as the wc108s in trees.
    Haven't skied the Squads yet. Starting to think I should buy my BNIP pair back from my buddy, but based on everything I've read, the CMD 108 wont be in the same realm re suspension. The CMD lineup for me is like crack; funnest shit ever, and bad for my health. I do have a bad back, but while it is an unbelievably fun and versatile ski with no top end, its poppy/lively nature (what makes it so fucking awesome) also means the suspension is just ok, and requires a pretty active style to manage going as fast as it allows you to. If I wasn't a haggard clydesdale that tried to ski em almost everyday for two months, maybe my take would be different. YMMV. Sounds like the Squad is a great ski.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Sender squads do not Recognize chop as an obstacle.
    Can confirm. At speed it's like driving a trophy truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Haven't skied the Squads yet. Starting to think I should buy my BNIP pair back from my buddy, but based on everything I've read, the CMD 108 wont be in the same realm re suspension. The CMD lineup for me is like crack; funnest shit ever, and bad for my health. I do have a bad back, but while it is an unbelievably fun and versatile ski with no top end, its poppy/lively nature (what makes it so fucking awesome) also means the suspension is just ok, and requires a pretty active style to manage going as fast as it allows you to. If I wasn't a haggard clydesdale that tried to ski em almost everyday for two months, maybe my take would be different. YMMV. Sounds like the Squad is a great ski.
    Sylvan - I dig moments for that playful vibe as they are very strong skis (but no suspension). I like skiing Mach crazy and have come to terms with having some suspension and mass help…conservation of momentum!

the new animas look interesting too. Less rockered than years past (I rode two gens back and they were great but mustache style…). Free skier rated them pretty highly + kristoffer

Any consensus on mount point for the squads? I was thinking on the “rec” (-6.25) line or 1 to 2 back from it to increase float for somewhat deep days.

Is anyone running these forward of the -6.25 line?

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Any consensus on mount point for the squads? I was thinking on the “rec” (-6.25) line or 1 to 2 back from it to increase float for somewhat deep days.

I'm at recommended and very happy, there

I can't imagine going forward of the recommend line. I'm pretty happy at recommend so far. I'd love to try -1 cm or -2 cm, but I'm not sure it's worth putting more holes in the ski.

Sylvan - I dig moments for that playful vibe as they are very strong skis (but no suspension). I like skiing Mach crazy and have come to terms with having some suspension and mass help…conservation of momentum!

the new animas look interesting too. Less rockered than years past (I rode two gens back and they were great but mustache style…). Free skier rated them pretty highly + kristoffer
    Haha, agreed! Begrudgingly I've been looking for a CMD 108 replacement for a bit; got on the Katana 108 today and I think its gonna be a winner.
    Actually also just picked up my first BC, a 188 Corvus Freebird. Pretty excited about it as a dedicated all conditions slack country ski; shape, rocker profile, weight, everything but the colour, looks great.
    Despite advice from a solid Mag or two on here that the Squad at -2 skis traditional enough, I wasn't sure I could make a -8.25 work. Based on all the glowing reviews of the ski though, sounds like I'm gonna need to rethink that.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 04-17-2022 at 11:22 PM. Reason: words

I felt the same way regarding mount point, you won't look back.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks all, sounds like somewhere between on the -6.25 line and -2 of it is the way to go. I’ll ponder next time I’m drunk.

Thanks all, sounds like somewhere between on the -6.25 line and -2 of it is the way to go. I’ll ponder next time I’m drunk.
    drink up and enjoy!

given the type of skis folks dig in this thread... anyone have any experience on the bonafides? was thinking of picking up some late season deals for ripping front side

given the type of skis folks dig in this thread... anyone have any experience on the bonafides? was thinking of picking up some late season deals for ripping front side
    Check out the Blizzard thread. Sylvan is very high on the B97 and has a lot of good info in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    I felt the same way regarding mount point, you won't look back.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Well that was the deciding comment for me, order in! My quiver looks like Bry's, so hopefully I get along at -8.

One pair left at Bluezone. Call them, their price in store is less than they show online.

I have a pair of 2016 vintage Bonafides. They still have storage wax after summer glacier skiing and are now my rock/glacier skis because I much preferred my MPro 90 and MFree 108 combo all season.

Bonafides are a totally different ski and are much more demanding than my Dynastars, but without having any more top end than I personally need. Without the two sheets of metal, the Dynastars have a nicer flex but just as much stiffness, including torsional. I was surprised to see the stiffness measurements on the ski calculator website that was poster here a while back.

Didn't want to start another thread

Sender 106 Ti Plus

The shape, size, and weight all look good. The first rossignol skis that have caught my eye in ages.
    Anybody been skiing them? Comparisons?

Quote Originally Posted by M3Mike02 View Post
    Didn't want to start another thread
    Why?
    focus.