Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Awesome write up bry! Dibs on the praxis if you’re not into em

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Personally I never liked the feel of rubbers. Just saying.
    The sensation of rubber has really grown on me, in the sender squads and in preventing a third child.

In all honesty, I like the feeling in the ski the more I ski it, it is quieter and smoother than say the metallic pingy sensation of the titanal frame in the volkls or the carbon in the tips of the gen 2 cochise, for example.

I really like both of those skis but I have had at times to put some of those abrasive sensations out of my head and just focus on the skis performance.

So what's the deal with graphene? I thought it was proprietary to head but now folsom is using it? Did I get that right?

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    The sensation of rubber has really grown on me, in the sender squads and in preventing a third child.

In all honesty, I like the feeling in the ski the more I ski it, it is quieter and smoother than say the metallic pingy sensation of the titanal frame in the volkls or the carbon in the tips of the gen 2 cochise, for example.

I really like both of those skis but I have had at times to put some of those abrasive sensations out of my head and just focus on the skis performance.

So what's the deal with graphene? I thought it was proprietary to head but now folsom is using it? Did I get that right?
    about time for that m102 re-write up?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    about time for that m102 re-write up?
    My guess is he’s going to say that the 191 M102 feels like toys compared to the Sender Squad.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    My guess is he’s going to say that the 191 M102 feels like toys compared to the Sender Squad.
    sender squads arguably easier to ski I think!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I demoed the 187 Sender Ti today. Obviously not the same ski as the Sender Squad. It is definitely less ski than the 192 M-Free 108. Given the Sender Ti’s longer sidecut length, use of metal and reduced rocker compared to the M-Free, I was expecting it to feel more substantial, but I think it’s a good amount softer than the Dynastars. Overall, the Sender Ti felt like a more easygoing, less energetic version of the M-Free, though the tails don’t release as nicely. I would definitely be looking at the 194s in that ski.

But yeah, lengths aside, the Sender Ti and M-Free 108 feel like different flavours of the same genre of ski. I couldn’t see owning both. The Squads might be different, though.

Any more on these comparisons?
    Looking to replace a 4frnt Devastator 194 as whist/blackcomb daily, and these are both candidates.

Things I like.
    Fun at all speeds. Good for both charging with buddies or skiing with the wife and kid. Can handle straightlining anything, but still can easily throw sideways and pívot in tight spots. Enough Support for big guy. Can carve or drift or slarve - pretty much any turn shape on demand. Poppy and fun but can also charge. 111mm Width is good. Handles hardpack decently or floats well in pow. I assume the full rocker with bigger side cut and weight all make it. Feels like very little effort to ski and encourages me to find things to pop off.
    It’s basically my perfect resort ski, just discontinued. And my pair lost its pop and life.
    Things that suck: weight and rocker aren’t great for walking uphill. But I have other skis for that.

Am I barking up the right tree with the squad and mFree?

I've seen you ski on video. You seem like the perfect candidate for Black Ops Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Looking to replace a 4frnt Devastator 194 as whist/blackcomb daily, and these are both candidates.

Things I like.
    Fun at all speeds. Good for both charging with buddies or skiing with the wife and kid. Can handle straightlining anything, but still can easily throw sideways and pívot in tight spots. Enough Support for big guy. Can carve or drift or slarve - pretty much any turn shape on demand. Poppy and fun but can also charge. 111mm Width is good. Handles hardpack decently or floats well in pow. I assume the full rocker with bigger side cut and weight all make it. Feels like very little effort to ski and encourages me to find things to pop off.
    It’s basically my perfect resort ski, just discontinued. And my pair lost its pop and life.
    Things that suck: weight and rocker aren’t great for walking uphill. But I have other skis for that.

If you want a bit softer ski that’s a bit more turny, Blank.

If you want a damper stiffer ski with a longer radius but can do lots of turn shapes, Sender Squad.

If you want something in the middle, MFree 108, but I haven’t skied the 108 so refer to someone else’s experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rad. Thanks guys. Keep it coming!
    Last edited by Judo Chop!; 02-06-2022 at 01:35 PM.

This thread has me wondering if the Sender Squad could/would slot into the same space as my thrashed OG Bibby's? Any thoughts from the collective on that comparison? Does Squad float and/or kill chop better than Bibby?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    This thread has me wondering if the Sender Squad could/would slot into the same space as my thrashed OG Bibby's? Any thoughts from the collective on that comparison? Does Squad float and/or kill chop better than Bibby?
    Sender squads do not Recognize chop as an obstacle.

I just sold my 194 Devastators a few days ago. I replaced them with the 192 M-Free 108, after debating between the 108s and the Sender Squad.
    The M-Free's are now my daily driver here at Kicking Horse. Not a ton of days on them yet (about 4 or 5) but extremely happy with my decision. Mounted at +2.5 from rec.
    I wanted something to ski at all speeds in all conditions. So far they're easy to play on sidehits and decently tight trees, never felt too cumbersome, but also very stable while scaring myself on very firm bumpy run outs.

Sender Squad vs. M-Free 108

The Sender Squad has an interesting combination of damp and agile not found in too many skis made today. Not springy or reactive but surprisingly quick and agile for how big a ski it is. I have not skied them much, but not sure if I’d put them in the “daily driver” slot for most people. I have only had them out in soft/soft variable conditions but really enjoyed them there.

The 192 MFree108 is one of the best big mountain “playful chargers” on the market today. It really does well in most conditions but really shines in soft snow (powder and soft chop). They are quite good in firm conditions, too. However, they do not have the top end stability and dampness of the Sender Squad. It doesn’t mean that you cannot ski them balls out/full throttle. I just means that the ride won’t be as smooth and the ski won’t feel as composed at the top end.

I’m sure that perspective will offend the sensibilities of some of the MFree108 fanatics, but I’m sure most of them haven’t skied the Sender Squad and so cannot do a fair and objective comparison. That being said, I’d recommend the MFree108 to most as a daily driver over the Sender Squad. The Dynastar is just a much more practical and versatile ski.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Kyle, coming from the devastator you’re going to want the sender squad. Lots of people at WB daily it, I like mine too. I’m one of the few that didn’t love the mfree 108. I think you’ll enjoy the flatter camber of the rossi vs the dynastar.

I talk out wish the sender squad came in a 186. For my size skiing at Alta the 194 is unnecessary. My 194 devastators are awesome but I only use them at the bird where there’s room to run. If they made this in a 186 I’d buy a pair for sure. Same with the Dynastar, I’ve skied the 182 and hated it. But the 192 wouldn’t really fit in my quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I talk out wish the sender squad came in a 186. For my size skiing at Alta the 194 is unnecessary. My 194 devastators are awesome but I only use them at the bird where there’s room to run. If they made this in a 186 I’d buy a pair for sure. Same with the Dynastar, I’ve skied the 182 and hated it. But the 192 wouldn’t really fit in my quiver.
    It skis really really small fyi

Really awesome Info guys. Thanks!!

But… is the Rossi really actually fucking BROWN next year???
    https://www.rossignol.com/ca_en/sender-rallybird-ranges

But… is the Rossi really actually fucking BROWN next year???
    https://www.rossignol.com/ca_en/sender-rallybird-ranges
    and a gross-ass brown to boot

It was arguably worse in the current year. Some of Rossi's topsheets next year are killer, the others are the same hot garbage they've been putting out lately.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Things I like.

191 Volkl V-werks Katanas.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3606330593013/

how do I demo these two in whistler?

all the websites are a disaster and I don't want to walk into 20 shops.

how do I demo these two in whistler?

all the websites are a disaster and I don't want to walk into 20 shops.
    Gonna be pretty confident you can’t, atleast not in the 190+s

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Gonna be pretty confident you can’t, atleast not in the 190+s
    Sender Squad only comes in 194…

thoughts on squads vs wildcat 108

Great thread and felt compelled to contribute.

I don't have experience on the m-free 108s but significant experience with moment wildcat 108 (which are very similar in shape). I've been on the squads this season.

I've been pulling the squads out almost exclusively relative to the two. They are surprisingly nimble for their size, the lack of camber makes them relatively nimble in trees or tight spots. I cannot praise the squads enough. They rip anything "comfortably", are confidence inspiring, fun in the air, pretty good on hardpack, and love going fast while still being playful.

I love the wildcats but felt lack of tail support exiting turns limited aggressive skiing and certainly absorb less shock than the squads + shorter effective edge. The wc108s are surfy in snow, incredible in tight spots.

I feel like the squads shape is between an Enforcer and a m-free/wc. that is an interesting geometry coupled with the suspension and relatively light swing weight. The comments re Whistler and folks using as a daily resonate with me. Directional hard charging playful skiers would get along very well with the squads.

Didn't expect to be using this as my primary tool in Colorado and am bringing them to Big Sky this week. I'm 6'4 200lbs. My two bits