WTB: 56ish cm gravel bike

Edit - found one!

Yes, I’m searching for a unicorn eating from a a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Mrs Peruvian has suffered long enough riding her road bike on gravel roads so it’s time to find something for her. There’s nothing at local bike shops and even ordering is becoming difficult, so the difficult used market is where we are now. Hopefully a mag can hook us up.

She is just shy of 5’10” and has a 33-34” inseam. She rides a 56cm Spesh Roubaix and fits my 56 Kona Sutra properly.

Beggars can’t be choosers, but a drop bar bike in the $1,000 range works. Prefer steel (or carbon ), but will consider aluminum with a carbon fork.
    Last edited by Peruvian; 09-15-2020 at 06:14 PM.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    well over your budget, but the Jamis Renegage is a solid bike

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...188653532.html

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    well over your budget, but the Jamis Renegage is a solid bike

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...188653532.html
    Yup. we have been looking at the ST model but they are hard to find (hoping it breaks and gets warranted with a carbon frame like buttah’s did).

If you're located/ willing to pick up in Utah I have a 57cm Charge Plug aluminum version with 10sp Tiagra I'm considering selling

Have you checked out the "Gravel & Cyclocross Trader" group on Facebook? Some decent offerings there including a 58cm Jake the Snake near Boston offered at $700 - likely too tall but a decent example.

Quote Originally Posted by ts01 View Post
    Have you checked out the "Gravel & Cyclocross Trader" group on Facebook? Some decent offerings there including a 58cm Jake the Snake near Boston offered at $700 - likely too tall but a decent example.
    Andrew Drummond has a sweet Surly Midnight Special for sale on instagram (username SR_Drummond). I think it was a 54 cm and at a good price (but probably a bit above your budget). You can probably also call his shop directly to ask about it (Ride the Whites / Ski the Whites, in Jackson, NH).

i've got an old, steel hakkalugi with a brand new drivetrain. Wound up carbon fork. Was going to commute on it, but now i may be working from home for the duration. Thomson post, king hubs, etc

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    Andrew Drummond has a sweet Surly Midnight Special for sale on instagram (username SR_Drummond). I think it was a 54 cm and at a good price (but probably a bit above your budget). You can probably also call his shop directly to ask about it (Ride the Whites / Ski the Whites, in Jackson, NH).
    I can't locate that on IG. Gotta link?

Oh and I am on the FB G&C trader group and have reached out to one seller but haven't heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by goathead View Post
    i've got an old, steel hakkalugi with a brand new drivetrain. Wound up carbon fork. Was going to commute on it, but now i may be working from home for the duration. Thomson post, king hubs, etc
    Does this have the "handjob" rear brake cable hanger? Bonus points if it's GangGreen color!

of course it has the "handjob" and "moron tubing". it's too big for Peruvian's missus, i think, so i will keep it forever.
    and points for the question

Peruvian, you should look at twin cities bicycle trading post on facebook. Because QBP is here there are lots of good deals. i'd help arrange bikeflights/shipping for you

Quote Originally Posted by goathead View Post
    Peruvian, you should look at twin cities bicycle trading post on facebook. Because QBP is here there are lots of good deals. i'd help arrange bikeflights/shipping for you
    Cool, I just signed up. Had to tell ‘em I was a Golden Gopher to be invited in.

I want something similar but in a smaller size.
    So will pass on any leads that look good that are too tall for me

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

https://westernspirit.com/bikes-for-...c0223e68310bb1

Scroll down
    2019 SPECIALIZED DIVERGE E5 ELITE
    1000 shipped in a few sizes.
    I'm not sure but I think these were used less this season due to covid19? More guests drove to trips rather than flew so more likely to BYObike. Just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

The brakes and drivetrain are really low end on that SpecEd, but budget rules.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Those demo Stumpjumpers are actually a pretty good deal considering the times, wish they still had a large

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I can't locate that on IG. Gotta link?
    No link for the Surly Midnight Special, unfortunately, but did confirm that it's still available. It's a size 54 cm, though. If you're interested, you can call the guy selling it at six zero 3 - 383- three 142 (sorry for the weird formatting, just didn't want the number to get picked up by bots). His name is Andrew.

Thanks for all the replies. We got her a Kona Rove ST today. A guy right down the street was selling it after under 100 miles.

Good deal

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums