Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Phishshow, if you see a guy on a pink hardtail today, that’s me, ask for change
    Word.

Orange Yeti with Enves, the biggest mustache you will probably see all month. I'll have change. Probably doing a mid day lap with a shuttle back up top from town at 3.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Phishshow, if you see a guy on a pink hardtail today, that’s me, ask for change
    I'll be out and about with a fork to match your hardtail. Have fun out there mags.

Fun day. Just got back to Eugene - I was just there to ride with old friends during practice day. One full loop of practice on all stages plus extra repeat on stages 1 and 2 (my fav trails on the mountain), and a BTI finish to town ... I’m wrecked!

I was just thinking, it would be a lame category, but I’d love to compete in a hardtail class! Mostly because on my regular bike I’d be pretty average, but that GG Pedälhead I rode today (my shock is messed up so decided to grab my spare bike) both beat the crap out of me (especially Catwalk and Marty’s stages) and also had me grinning from ear to ear on the steepest, most bermed and high speed sections of trail. Such a rad bike that it could use a coil fork. Riding bikes is FUN!

Everyone racing tomorrow have fun and stay safe, also I don’t envy that final transfer back to the ski area in the afternoon sun ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Fun day. Just got back to Eugene - I was just there to ride with old friends during practice day. One full loop of practice on all stages plus extra repeat on stages 1 and 2 (my fav trails on the mountain), and a BTI finish to town ... I’m wrecked!

I was just thinking, it would be a lame category, but I’d love to compete in a hardtail class! Mostly because on my regular bike I’d be pretty average, but that GG Pedälhead I rode today (my shock is messed up so decided to grab my spare bike) both beat the crap out of me (especially Catwalk and Marty’s stages) and also had me grinning from ear to ear on the steepest, most bermed and high speed sections of trail. Such a rad bike that it could use a coil fork. Riding bikes is FUN!

Everyone racing tomorrow have fun and stay safe, also I don’t envy that final transfer back to the ski area in the afternoon sun ...
    NAEC has a hardtail class. Totally fucking insane since Silver is so rowdy. They are stoked though since 2019 was like 7k of climbing. I was cross-eyed by the end.

Gonna go for final practice lap here in a bit since expert classes race tomorrow. Legs are already kinda tired though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7th in Expert 30-39. Damn good time. Those trails are just straight ( * )( * )

Sorry I didn't link up with any of you mags, but I was in full on race mode. I will definitely be back. How early in the spring on a normal snow year is that stuff melted out and running with good dirt?

I need to do a big PNW trip. Definitely want to ride Ashland again. Go back to Oakridge. Buddy (who placed 2nd in Expert 30-39) said Olympia is amazing....he liked it more than Bellingham.

Nice work. Such a fun town and great trails.

Likewise I was in “only one day without my kid” mode. Hit me up when you are ready to plan the Oregon leg of your trip. The western parts of Oakridge are only 30 mins from my house.

For Ashland I usually shoot for first weekend in June for my first shuttle trip to the top, but it really can change based on snow - drought or big years. I usually watch the ski area webcams to see when I can get my first trip down there, and of course Bill and Sue have a great feel for when they can punch the shuttle up Tollman Creek Road to the bottom of the Bull Gap climb, or the ski resort road all the way to the top.

BTI is pretty much rideable year round as it is coarse DG that drains well and gets a lot of sun. I think the other trails below Four Corners don’t take too long to dry between storms either but I’ve never double-checked that assumption with a local, as I’m usually in ski mode ...

Above Four Corners, Bull Gap/Upper Lynx is under snow until late April to mid May, or more on deep years. The very top trails like Time Warp or the fire road can be running by mid May in drought years but sometimes not until mid June in big snow years.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell