Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Flip it?

I am sure there is a reason shocks almost always face the same way...but what is it?
    I started out with it flipped but it contacts the frame every so slightly on bottom out. So far this is the only orientation where something doesn't hit the top tube.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

That's is the only thing that annoys me about my Hightower. Even with a stock shock you can only fit a shorter bottle.

Yes. It looks dorky but I've added a water bottle on top of the top tube but I'm wondering whether you could get by with the wolftooth b-rad system to offset one or even two water bottles to the sides.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Flip it?

I am sure there is a reason shocks almost always face the same way...but what is it?
    Mostly orientation is just however they fit best. To a lesser extent, the inner shaft usually attaches to the rear end because it's lighter and that's unsprung weight. And also to a lesser extent, having the end with the lockout knob attached to the rear end means it's moving around and harder to flip.

But plenty of bikes with vertically oriented shocks have the air can attached to the rear end, so it's obviously not a huge factor.