Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

FS: 2017 Knolly Warden Carbon small nasty build

******$3000***** Pretty much the best priced bike out there right now that isn't entry level wheels, drivetrain, etc.

I think I am gonna take the Push with me for my new bike unless I have a buyer soon.

PRICE WITH NO REAR SHOCK = $2700

This beast needs to go. In a moment of desperation I bought a new bike that I shouldn't have so this must find a new home ASAP! Maggots always get the best deal! Make an offer.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2876016/
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 09-11-2020 at 04:09 PM.

This is a ridiculous deal... good luck on a hopefully instant sale.

I can testify that it was only ridden by a little old lady to church on Sundays.
    Last edited by rideit; 09-03-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Killer bike and deal, hope it goes to a great home!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I can testify that it was only ridden by a little old lady to church on Sundays.
    LOL

I guess no one want a ridiculous custom build? Components alone I have put just a stupid amount of money into this bike.

Size smalls are hard.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Size smalls are hard.
    Yes, and I am riding a medium Yeti now. I think a Knolly small is maybe not super small. My last alu Warden I sold to a dude for his girlfriend and she was super stoked. Got her on a real bike at a good price. That is the route I see this one going. Someone out there has a wife/GF who wants to step up to a real bike and not spend 7k.

Thread drift, but how do you find getting the front end up on the longer Yeti compared to the Knolly?
    Those sb150’s seem really long to me, is it a non issue?
    GLWS!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Thread drift, but how do you find getting the front end up on the longer Yeti compared to the Knolly?
    Those sb150’s seem really long to me, is it a non issue?
    GLWS!
    I am always expecting it to be a bear to get the front up and usually pleasantly surprised how how lively and easily it pops up when I want it to. I have a push coil conversion in the fork which definitely ads a little weight which you can feel sometimes when pulling up on the front. I am running a 35mm length stem which is just about as short as you can go. I think the short chainstays negate the longer reach numbers.

Trying to work more on using the rebound to pre-load and pop over obstacles vs. pulling up if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I guess no one want a ridiculous custom build? Components alone I have put just a stupid amount of money into this bike.
    I want it, but I have a perfectly good Al Sentinel with a new Cascade link, and I’m trying to pay off a house, so I am resisting temptation.

I hope that by the time the house is paid off, the long-travel Forbiddens are out in the wild, because I’ll be getting a new bike to celebrate.
    U.P.: up

Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    I want it, but I have a perfectly good Al Sentinel with a new Cascade link, and I’m trying to pay off a house, so I am resisting temptation.

I hope that by the time the house is paid off, the long-travel Forbiddens are out in the wild, because I’ll be getting a new bike to celebrate.
    FWIW pretty much every bike MFG is WAY WAY WAY behind on new bikes right now. If the big companies will not have any new bikes available until Feb/March I assume the smaller companies are gonna be pushed back until the middle of the damn summer next year. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    FWIW pretty much every bike MFG is WAY WAY WAY behind on new bikes right now. If the big companies will not have any new bikes available until Feb/March I assume the smaller companies are gonna be pushed back until the middle of the damn summer next year. Just a guess.
    On current trend, the house will be paid off in 18 months. I expect the worst to be over by then.

Good luck selling the bike. It’s a killer deal.
    U.P.: up

I do know a guy looking for a small for his girlfriend, but she's a total beginner and no way rad enough for a Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I do know a guy looking for a small for his girlfriend, but she's a total beginner and no way rad enough for a Warden.
    Maybe it will make her get rad

Ok, someone has about 3 days to buy with the Push if they want it. After that I have a Fox DPS shock I am throwing on there. Will still go $2700 with the fox shock. Cash/venmo talks. Make an offer. This wouldn't be the first time I hooked up a maggot with a sweet piece of gear for way too cheap.

Up. Perfect rig for a teenage kid who's at the bike park every weekend with their friends.

******$3000*****
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 09-11-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Ok, so real talk.....what price actually gets this bike moved? I am firmly in the camp that understands that being a sick build, etc only goes so far. When I spend money on my bike I consider that money mostly gone. It's no secret this bike wasn't a garage queen. It was ridden a lot, but all the bearings are good, silent, etc. I am pretty fanatical about maintenance and torque and what have you.

If you want a bike that is visibly pristine then this isn't the bike for you. If you want a bike that fucking rips and has proven itself as one of the most playful bikes for ripping down your favorite trail at dummy speeds....well this bike is it.

Honestly this bike just needs to go so I can pay rent and get new wheels/rear shock for my new bike.

$37....

I think it's a matter of waiting for the right buyer to come along, not dropping to a certain price. Sucks waiting but sometimes that's what it takes with less common sizes or builds.

Time of year is the killer. If it was 2 months ago this would have been gone fast. Some dude convincing his wife/GF that she needs a super rad bike in the fall is fucking tough.

This thing has to go.