Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Need Groomer Skis

I'm back at Snowbasin this year, so I probably need hardpack skis. Last season I was there it was awful and only blue runs were open almost all season. And I was stuck on Salomon QSt 118s, which was stupid on weeks of hardpack flats. So I bought some used Rossi Experience 100s that season, no idea what year but they were black. And maybe $150 used. These things made me feel like a WC racer as you could lean wayyyyyyyyy over. Then I got them stolen. (Actually was mostly my fault)

So any ideas on skis that aren't east coast groomer-only skis but carve unusually well for, I dunno, what the hell is this class of ski? Do newer Experiences still ski like this? last time I looked I couldn't find them used easily.

Sorry for being a moron, I could care less about keeping up with gear.

Brahma.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

True GS skis are my favorite for hard pack days. Cheap, stiff, fast. Often $100 brand new (couple seasons old, not the latest and greatest so racers don't want them), or even less - and with bindings - at ski swaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

If you’re a technical skier then the Head Monster 88 or 82 should be high on your list.
    The Brahma is another great choice, tails are a little more forgiving than the Monster.
    Dynastar Speed zone in another great ski.
    Maybe try to find another set of Rossi experience skis as they are no slouch in this category as well.

I remember you searching for a firm snow ski and suggesting the E98/100.

98's my Daily and I love it. Super versatile. Found a new old stock pair 2 yrs. ago and mounted/skied them lightly last year.

I ask around and the local DD waist averages between 94 and 102. Usually heavier and stiffer for big mtn. variable conditions over distances. You want those fuckers to work for you, not against you.

Your a solid skier, what's the new charger for Inbounds, maybe head Kores? My bud at the shop says they're underrated.

Skis on big sale up here, lemme know if I can hook ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I remember you searching for a firm snow ski and suggesting the E98/100.
    Holy fuck that's right I have some Rossis I bought and never used. This is stupid and embarrassing, ha, but whatever. I bought them just as all resorts closed so I totally forgot.

Stand down boys, this true moron doesn't need groomer skis.

Sigh. I blame benny.

godamnit

High quality thread. Move this to the Hall of Fame.

smoke another one
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

Sorry for being a moron.
    Prescient.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Prescient.
    I had to look up that word, of course.

If it wasn't clear I have memory issues in past posts, well I made it clear now. Apparently I have brand new K2 Mindbender 99Ti Skis, and I have no idea what bindings I got mounted on them, ha. I'll pull them out and have to see.

Still thinking a cheap pair of 90 waist skis like the Brahma or the Monsters may be fun when I'm night skiing at Brighton or it's preseason at Snowbasin and only groomers are good. I think I'm going to be skiing a lot more non-powder days this year. usually you can ski a lot in Utah and never have to bother with bad days. Thanks guys.

Sigh.

I have some old E100s I really dig on hard days. When I wake up sober, I always trust that my drunk and/or stoned brain made good decisions the prior day. Then I burn one and it's easy to find whatever I was missing.

MX89, Enforcer 93, Kendo
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Experience 100 is a blast on groomers, think the Pugski guys recommend mounting at -1 (I went -1.5). Smaller guys can use the Temptation 100 (same ski with chick graphics), which can be had for a song.

They excel at shorter turns (20m radius?) but don't carve as cleanly in long high speed turns, so I sold them and picked up MX98 (24m) for this season.

MX98 is my groomer ski. It's just that you can't find them anywhere. I have not been on the 2021 MX98, but that ski intrigues me. I hope that it is more like the 2016 MX98 and than the 2020 MX99, which is a bit underwhelming
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I’m a member of the Rossi E98 club too... It is a great carving ski for groomers mounted -1.5cm. Also just picked up MX98 for a little bigger radius and to test out the hype. Another ski that I picked up brand new but cheap was the Liberty V92... which is like a stoned E98 in a good way... awesome smooth ski for cruising arcs, damn near automatic!

Holy fuck that's right I have some Rossis I bought and never used. This is stupid and embarrassing, ha, but whatever. I bought them just as all resorts closed so I totally forgot.

Stand down boys, this true moron doesn't need groomer skis.

Sigh. I blame benny.
    X2 on Hall of Fame worthiness. File under "Do I have too many skis?"
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

quit bumping this guys

quit bumping this guys
    huh?

Sorry. I forgot that replying to threads bumps them.

I blame Benny.

And here I wasted all that ski knowledge on this. Ugh.

quit bumping this guys
    why would we do that?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

#neverforget

Skis worth checking out just off the top of my head: old enforcers/hell and backs, Liberty v92 (hipdrag city on those things), Kastle MX99, Down SD95
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.