Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    In trying to be optimistic while breathing air deemed "Hazardous"...
    All of this smoke may reduce temps this fall and winter
    When Mt Tambora erupted in 1815, winters of 1815-1818 were harsh and summer didn't come until 1819
    I like your think TBS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I like your think TBS!!!!
    Same. With this shit air quality, I haven't been riding motorcycles, so my thoughts turned to skiing. And despite the uncertainty with the 'rona, and all the fires; I'm as stoked to go skiing this year as I've been since moving back to Oregon.

https://www.timberlinelodge.com/moun...-season-passes
    say they are giving their loyal fans first dibs on passes. my gut tells me nothing really gets limited this year in terms of pass and ticket sales but we shall see

$829 for a full pass MHM this year. Lovely.

$1078.00 Bachelor such a deal
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

But they were under $1000 for early purchase, no?

And again, gotta look at the bright side here. When supply is fixed and price goes up, demand falls. Therefore fewer people competing for good snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    $1078.00 Bachelor such a deal
    ooof. Ouch

But they were under $1000 for early purchase, no?

And again, gotta look at the bright side here. When supply is fixed and price goes up, demand falls. Therefore fewer people competing for good snow.

I mean, maybe? Big Sky tried and it didn't work. The place just got busier each year. Bachy knows that central Oregon has exploded with monied California transplants, so they can charge it. And people will pay.

Hey now, this is the optimist's thread - take your rational thought and/or negativity over to the other Orygun thread!

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Hey now, this is the optimist's thread - take your rational thought and/or negativity over to the other Orygun thread!
    Hey, earlier I said I was more stoked for this season that I have been in many years - probably since moving back to Oregon in 2015... so sorry for partying.

Does anyone have any insider info on Bachelor's discussions re the parking reservation stuff? No details on their website and the next purchase deadline is a week away. I would like to at least know what they're kicking around if they don't have their final plans pushed out. Advance booking makes a pass useless for me. I pretty much only ride lifts during afternoon storms when it looks like folks have cleared out.

Have you tried calling them to ask?
    Or sent them an email with your question(s)

I'm guessing they won't be requiring reservations for midweek afternoons, when as you say "Folks have cleared out".

when as you say "Folks have cleared out".
    Don't you mean when "available capacity exceeds demand"?

Crack of Nooners
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Don't you mean when "available capacity exceeds demand"?
    His words, not mine. But yes.

The turn is here folks. Raining in HR and 41 deg top of cascade!

New snow down at about 9000' on N Sister!

Fall came right on time.

Adams got a fresh coat of paint down pretty low on the mountain, no pics cuz my camera is busted, but she’s looking purdy in the sun today

27° La Pine

Mt Hood had a nice layer of frosting on as I drove over from central Oregon yesterday. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    Does anyone have any insider info on Bachelor's discussions re the parking reservation stuff? No details on their website and the next purchase deadline is a week away. I would like to at least know what they're kicking around if they don't have their final plans pushed out. Advance booking makes a pass useless for me. I pretty much only ride lifts during afternoon storms when it looks like folks have cleared out.
    I am in the same boat as you with a fear that people (locals) will use their allocated days to book all slots around a storm and thereby shutting me out even if you try to reserve something 3-4 days out and even if you get a reserved day...can you get 2 or 3 in a row to make driving to Bend worth it?

Given the loose policy on cancelling I plan to just get a 4 pass (5 days with the renewal bonus after last years snafu) and if they don't give me a warm feeling by mid November on the number of reservations available and the reservation policy for locals I will just cancel and get my $ back and just nix skiing this year save midweek at another resort without the restricting factors. NO way would I commit to a 12 pass or greater not being a local this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I am in the same boat as you with a fear that people (locals) will use their allocated days to book all slots around a storm and thereby shutting me out even if you try to reserve something 3-4 days out and even if you get a reserved day...can you get 2 or 3 in a row to make driving to Bend worth it?

Given the loose policy on cancelling I plan to just get a 4 pass (5 days with the renewal bonus after last years snafu) and if they don't give me a warm feeling by mid November on the number of reservations available and the reservation policy for locals I will just cancel and get my $ back and just nix skiing this year save midweek at another resort without the restricting factors. NO way would I commit to a 12 pass or greater not being a local this year.
    For this reason does anyone know if a bus will be dropping of people at Bachelor or if you can get an uber there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    For this reason does anyone know if a bus will be dropping of people at Bachelor or if you can get an uber there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good thought!

I know there is a shuttle bus from Bend but thought it was something like $20...and I am sure has its whole set of covid rules. If they supplied more buses or made it "official" transportation I would think this circumvents their whole idea of controlled the crowd size via parking lot slots. Also if a large number of folks decided to load up SUVs with 10 people packed in each...

I haven't been able to get any info from Bachelor re their parking plans. Although as a local I love the idea of us getting some golden treatment this season, I kinda doubt that'll be the case. Bachy has always hung its hat on catering to the out of town folks and hosing the locals who are location-committed. Not saying I blame them, and I'm also not one of the many local bachy-haters. Since the new management took over a few years ago things have been much better up there. Going to pull the trigger on a pass as always and hope for the best. If the parking res system is similar to last season's res system I'll be really bummed. I like having a pass so that I can pop up there whenever work/family obligations allow. First world problems.

What about the mass transit option? Or is that a no go because someone might breathe on you. Hitching from the bottom? With Bachelor it's hope for the best & expect the worse.