Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I believe it comes in Mgs
    Whats that all aboot, eh?

Methylphenidate, also known as Ritalin or Vitamin R
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I cannot even find the words to begin this but I want everyone to know that in all this chaos and Hell we are still in Good Hands. Of the millions of things in my head over the last week, putting together a post for everyone has been really hard. I do not know what the future holds or how to navigate this but I am taking one tiny shaking uncertain step at a time and I ask only that you all do the same. Be patient. Be kind. Hold the ones you love. We have to do this together. No one can do this alone and we are not alone. As we are able to move forward. We will. Know that we are doing everything we can. This is uncharted ground for all of us. I ask of you a few things:
    1. Hold the ones you love.
    2. Be present.
    3. Be patient. This process is long and infuriating and uncertain and clunky. We are working day and night to get everyone back "in" safely. In reality, this could be weeks.
    4. Be safe. The LAST thing the weary broken hearted fire fighters need to do is try to mitigate another emergency on top of everything else.
    5. Be kind. There are still dark days ahead. USAR teams are beginning the recovery phase today. Their experts and dogs have a heavy job to do. We cannot lower the public in the evacuation zone until this task is complete. If you think back to Paradise CA fire, this took weeks and the death toll rose each day. This is where we are.
    6. The fire fighters in camp are being taken care of. If you wish to support the local fire department and community, the Upper McKenzie Community Center will be a collection area soon and donations for the community can be collected there as well as possibly the school. Amy Otoupalik and Brenda Anderson and Marla English are working to organize this.
    7. Get rest and drink water. Basic survival stuff. Self care.
    8. Accept help, say YES. None of us can do this alone.
    9. Ride the ride. Allow yourself time to grieve as well as laugh and reflect. Start making lists.
    10. Chins up, heads held high, stay hopeful. We will get through this.
    11. For the love of Pete, STAY OUT OF THE FIRE ZONE for your safety and the safety of fire responders.
    12. Know that the fire fighters are feeding and watering animals all up and down the valley.
    13. Even when we get residents back home, the "new normal" is going to look super different.
    In the midst of this storm, the ability of providing who have nothing left to draw close and support each other and the willingness of those who still have things to share and provide for them is an overwhelming example of true pioneering and caring.

Please know I am doing my best to answer questions and figure things out. Upriver there is virtually no cell coverage. When I am able to come to town where there is cell service, I am trying to be connected to my family who I need in our personal loss. Im trying to find a balance.

It is with great pride that I have watched our community rally under the burden of extreme loss. I could not be prouder of our volunteer firefighters, our mutual aid neighbors, our state partners. The care and generosity they have given of their time, training, skills and equipment desperately needed. We will get through this TOGETHER. We will come out the other side stronger and more resilient. We have all that matters. We have each other.

I am beyond humbled and honored by the level of bravery and strength in the face of utter loss, devastation and heartbreak and generosity in this valley.

#mckenziestrong
    Chief Rainbow
    #5 is heavy ☹️

In trying to be optimistic while breathing air deemed "Hazardous"...
    All of this smoke may reduce temps this fall and winter
    When Mt Tambora erupted in 1815, winters of 1815-1818 were harsh and summer didn't come until 1819
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

https://www.skihood.com/en/about-us/...ter-operations

Accommodating people who wish to ride the lift alone?

So, just like any other day...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    In trying to be optimistic while breathing air deemed "Hazardous"...
    All of this smoke may reduce temps this fall and winter
    When Mt Tambora erupted in 1815, winters of 1815-1818 were harsh and summer didn't come until 1819
    I like your think TBS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I like your think TBS!!!!
    Same. With this shit air quality, I haven't been riding motorcycles, so my thoughts turned to skiing. And despite the uncertainty with the 'rona, and all the fires; I'm as stoked to go skiing this year as I've been since moving back to Oregon.

https://www.timberlinelodge.com/moun...-season-passes
    say they are giving their loyal fans first dibs on passes. my gut tells me nothing really gets limited this year in terms of pass and ticket sales but we shall see

$829 for a full pass MHM this year. Lovely.

$1078.00 Bachelor such a deal
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

But they were under $1000 for early purchase, no?

And again, gotta look at the bright side here. When supply is fixed and price goes up, demand falls. Therefore fewer people competing for good snow.

www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    $1078.00 Bachelor such a deal
    ooof. Ouch

But they were under $1000 for early purchase, no?

And again, gotta look at the bright side here. When supply is fixed and price goes up, demand falls. Therefore fewer people competing for good snow.

I mean, maybe? Big Sky tried and it didn't work. The place just got busier each year. Bachy knows that central Oregon has exploded with monied California transplants, so they can charge it. And people will pay.

Hey now, this is the optimist's thread - take your rational thought and/or negativity over to the other Orygun thread!
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Hey now, this is the optimist's thread - take your rational thought and/or negativity over to the other Orygun thread!
    Hey, earlier I said I was more stoked for this season that I have been in many years - probably since moving back to Oregon in 2015... so sorry for partying.

Does anyone have any insider info on Bachelor's discussions re the parking reservation stuff? No details on their website and the next purchase deadline is a week away. I would like to at least know what they're kicking around if they don't have their final plans pushed out. Advance booking makes a pass useless for me. I pretty much only ride lifts during afternoon storms when it looks like folks have cleared out.

Have you tried calling them to ask?
    Or sent them an email with your question(s)

I'm guessing they won't be requiring reservations for midweek afternoons, when as you say "Folks have cleared out".
    www.ullrlabs.com

when as you say "Folks have cleared out".
    Don't you mean when "available capacity exceeds demand"?

Crack of Nooners

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Don't you mean when "available capacity exceeds demand"?
    His words, not mine. But yes.
    www.ullrlabs.com

The turn is here folks. Raining in HR and 41 deg top of cascade!

New snow down at about 9000' on N Sister!
    www.ullrlabs.com

Fall came right on time.

Adams got a fresh coat of paint down pretty low on the mountain, no pics cuz my camera is busted, but sheís looking purdy in the sun today

Hey you guys stay out of Warrrrshington with your premature thread!

South side of Rainier was nice today, could see all the way to Mt Jefferson. No pics because I forgot to turn up the brightness on my phone, as a result I couldn't tell a difference between off and on. Derp.
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018
    Ow! My Balls!

27į La Pine