Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Imagine living in Point Roberts right now. In fact the New York Times has a story about it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/u...tion=US%20News

If you don't know where Point Roberts is look it up. Might as well be a leper colony right now.
    I read about this the other day. Point Roberts needs to either have some sort of exception made or we should temporarily cede it to Canada, provided the citizens would go along with that. Those poor people are getting hammered by the travel restrictions.

same with Hyder AK, there is no way out except thru Stewart BC, they are really close so you can walk right into Hyder USA cuz there is no American border guard but the Canadian border guard will give you the usual hassle on the way back and there is one teenage kid stuck there in Hyder
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I have no interest in fucking any of your aluminum, lumber, or beef. Especially not your beef. I am however very sad that I can't fuck all of your snow.
    Cuz trump is busy trying to suck the cock of every dictator in the world ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Cuz trump is busy trying to suck the cock of every dictator in the world ?
    Careful -> that's the kind of language that'll get you traded for Puerto Rico.

no way i'm pretty sure those people are considered thieves murders and rapists

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I read about this the other day. Point Roberts needs to either have some sort of exception made or we should temporarily cede it to Canada, provided the citizens would go along with that. Those poor people are getting hammered by the travel restrictions.
    Honestly it seems kind of ridiculous that it's not part of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Honestly it seems kind of ridiculous that it's not part of Canada.
    We wanted it for some strategic reason but I don't remember what it was. Control over that bay maybe?

Given the nature of politicians far removed from the land they divvied up back then, the fact that a small chunk of the mainland was south of the 49th and therefore isolated, was probably just an oversight. Never attribute to malice, what can better be explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    We wanted it for some strategic reason but I don't remember what it was. Control over that bay maybe?
    Probably. Seems pretty silly now. You know Trump would never cede it, though, because that would be a sign of weakness to his pea brain.

Maybe the Canadians can give us Pelee Island in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I guess you only went to US schools cuz your education is sadly lacking.

Who can enter Canada?

You can travel to and enter Canada if you’re a Canadian citizen dipshat, but you better read the rules.
    Never stepped foot in a US school fuk-boy
    If you read my post I acknowledge citizens can travel to Canada, but the rules make it prohibitive.....kinda like Canadian taxes.....hope you enjoy them

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Spelunker I have figured it out for you.

Step 1. Vote ignorant lying douchbags out of office.
    Step 2. Get country's shit together.
    Step 3. Come visit.

Oh, and I always thought the term "spelunking" was pretentious. Change your user name to "caver".
    Cavers rescue spelunkers. Maybe he's just a spelunker and he's honest about it?

Is this thread a joke? Because I am laughing my ass off!!!

Lol

There is a "Driving to Alaska" loophole.

This guy cheated by taking a sight-seeing gondola, got caught, will be fined up to US$569,000. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...a-coronavirus/

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    kinda like Canadian taxes.....hope you enjoy them
    hahaha, they're grrrrrrrreaat! seriously though the higher taxes allow for a higher quality of life for all citizens. and they aren't even that high when you figure you don't need someone to pay your ridiculous monthly health insurance bill.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...-life-rankings

(scroll down to find 'murica)

I believe It's spelled Canaduh

And stay teh fuck home. please. sorry. eh.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Not really. Your still allowing tons of people in from the commonwealth, ie. Australia. Australians were the first positive cases in Aspen and they openly flaunted the quarantine after testing positive.

Now Aspen’s below 2%, even though we have tons of international travelers.

Parts of Australia are well above that level and yet they get in, because you all kissed the queen’s ass at some point?
    Don’t know where you get the idea we are allowing a ‘ton’ of people in from Australia. If you have a job lined up, you can come, but you still have to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive. In the end there is no right for any countries citizens to travel to another country, just an agreement between governments. At the moment the US is the biggest Covid hotspot in the world by pretty much any way you want to measure it, so why would any other country allow free travel by US citizens? While government, and people’s health related decisions seem to be driven by political affiliation, not scientific consensus, I doubt anything is going to change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    There is a "Driving to Alaska" loophole.

This guy cheated by taking a sight-seeing gondola, got caught, will be fined up to US$569,000. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...a-coronavirus/

I caught guy from AK headed for the lower 48 stopping to mtn bike, i told him everybody in town has made him and he should book for the border

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so your saying you gave up your shuttle monkey retirement gig
    and your spending your retirement as an unpaid immigration agent and posting the same lame shit daily on the tgrz
    how many years did you work for this awesome retirement plan?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Not really. Your still allowing tons of people in from the commonwealth, ie. Australia. Australians were the first positive cases in Aspen and they openly flaunted the quarantine after testing positive.

Now Aspen’s below 2%, even though we have tons of international travelers.

Parts of Australia are well above that level and yet they get in, because you all kissed the queen’s ass at some point?
    I don’t know where you’re getting your information from, but my family in Australia will be arrested if they go more than 5km from home, and are being told that international travel won’t be authorized until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    so your saying you gave up your shuttle monkey retirement gig
    and your spending your retirement as an unpaid immigration agent and posting the same lame shit daily on the tgrz
    how many years did you work for this awesome retirement plan?
    I actualy did the guy a Favor by pointing out everybody has his number, nobody loves him and hanging out in BC is a really bad idea

Shuttles are just one of maybe 6 things I might do for a little beer money, those things don't come close to paying the way, while the 30 yar gig does, as long as I keep breathing I get paid while posting same lame shit on TGR,

do you get paid to post lame shit no body can read?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    1) Red Mountain kicks ass
    2) It's 100% logical why Canada doesnt want our currently infected, racist, climate denying arses there.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    so why would any other country allow free travel by US citizens?
    Only one reason: money.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    hahaha, they're grrrrrrrreaat! seriously though the higher taxes allow for a higher quality of life for all citizens. and they aren't even that high when you figure you don't need someone to pay your ridiculous monthly health insurance bill.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...-life-rankings

(scroll down to find 'murica)
    I had a manager who was a Canadian, married to an American, living in America & commuting to Canada. He did this both back east and in Richmond BC which was like 10km from the Washinton border, so everybody would always ask him at coffee break would which is cheaper ?

he said well this is cheaper but then this other thing is not, this is covered and this is not blah blah blah and so he dithered around the question ( his management style ) and declared it was a wash

i think shit probably costs about the same in North America regardless of what side of the 49th you live on but life in a socialized system takes care of everybody ... if you don't slit your wrists in despair

It saddens me deeply to see what is happening to the US. Border should and will stay closed for a long time however.

It saddens me whats happening to the US and our western democracy. We're all slipping. Scary times. Is there such a thing as a soft world war? Feels like a soft coup of global proportions

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app