Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Canada

Moving on from the nuances of international trade agreements, in news that is totally unexpected, the border closure is expected to be extended until the end of November, after America's "silly" season.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idCAKBN2662RS

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Moving on from the nuances of international trade agreements, in news that is totally unexpected, the border closure is expected to be extended until the end of November, after America's "silly" season.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idCAKBN2662RS
    It’s now called “sillier” season

https://www.victoriabuzz.com/2020/09...VpzBZdSmqX-vVI

but fuck em eh, maybe call in an airstrike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've been breathing wildfire smoke for over a week now, the crack heads have set up camp on my street and the shit smell is almost as strong as the smoke. There's a national coin shortage?? and I havent been able to scrounge up enough quarters for laundry and Im on my last pair of panties. When the fuck did the US become a 3rd world country? The populace is ripe for a rallying invasion and the way you frosty Mexicans are talking shit in this thread makes me hope our supreme orange leader calls your number out.

That fucking loser has already backed down on Aluminum so whats next ?

don't you have an illegal to do laundry for you ?

using coin op laundry is so ghetto

And hot tip on panties, just turn them inside out eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Here you go Canadians. I finally found an analysis that firmly disagrees with the WHO pushing to open boarders. Opinion piece in the NY Times today from the author of the ubiquitous medium.com articles, Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now and Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance. He says each country should impose a firm fence and then keep it there, presumably until the pandemic is over. He criticizes Europe for allowing travel between EU nations this summer. His position is strictly from a virus control standpoint, and doesn't take into account economic and social tolls of a firm fence.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    I'm down! Let's get ahead of the curve and report him to border services as a "likely to illegally enter our country", that will red flag him and likely start CSIS drone surveillance. Shouldn't take more than aboot 24 hours to enact, eh?
    He ski Wasatch, we ski Wesach...call it good?
    Master of mediocrity.

Can we just nuke this smoke away?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

You'll need to ask Trump for your nukes back.

He'll sell them to anyone. Shouldnt ve a problem

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    have you hosers thought about petitioning the queen
    for a the right to vote in your neighbors election
    cause moaning bout 1 man no vote situations
    aint gonna do much
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    have you hosers thought about petitioning the queen
    for a the right to vote in your neighbors election
    cause moaning bout 1 man no vote situations
    aint gonna do much
    Americans seemingly can't figure out why nobody likes their country enough to have open borders anymore. That's your answer. Sorry.

I just hope in November people in Canada can just go back to only hating Ontario again. It'll feel like a warm blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Americans seemingly can't figure out why nobody likes their country enough to have open borders anymore. That's your answer. Sorry.

I just hope in November people in Canada can just go back to only hating Ontario again. It'll feel like a warm blanket.
    No we get it. We just don't care.

But i thought you all hated the Quebecois?

Well we don't care that you don't care. Just stay out.
    And, no we don't hate Quebecois.
    And, what the fuck is going on that I'm seeing your posts, I thought I had you on ignore. See ya.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Here is a picture from Wuhan last month. It will be awhile before we can have pool parties at Schlitterbahn again. Amazing what effective control measures can do (strict lockdown, mass testing) to get the economy and society back on track. The US and Canada have both failed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_113981003_gettyimages-1228074922.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	340529

And, what the fuck is going on that I'm seeing your posts, I thought I had you on ignore. See ya.
    I'm shocked at how sensitive tgr's members. Sorry I've offended you Gary, you little bitch.

Most of my Canadian friends have expressed some kind of disdain for the quebecois or at least the ones in montreal. I always found them to be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I saw a car with Alberta plates here yesterday, and continue to see about one BC plate per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It bears repeating (from the other thread) that the majority of car traffic at all four border crossings in the Fraser Valley is Canadians traveling to/from the US - and inexplicably, that hasn't stopped.
    Since then I've seen a BC plate every single day.

Stay safe, stay home. Two buck chuck will still be there next year.

speak for yourself, me, i could do without the Quebecois crime wave that comes every fall and spring as they finance their way across BC and back to PQ on their way to and from whistler to find fame and fortune as pro snowbaorders
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SteveUrkel View Post
    Here is a picture from Wuhan last month. It will be awhile before we can have pool parties at Schlitterbahn again. Amazing what effective control measures can do (strict lockdown, mass testing) to get the economy and society back on track. The US and Canada have both failed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_113981003_gettyimages-1228074922.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	340529
    I guess you can get things done with an authoritarian gov and a mostly homogeneous population!

I'm happy to see that they're getting back to normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    I'm shocked at how sensitive tgr's members. Sorry I've offended you Gary, you little bitch.

Most of my Canadian friends have expressed some kind of disdain for the quebecois or at least the ones in montreal. I always found them to be pretty cool.
    It not so much the people as the geography, Quebec beats Ontario hands down, especially if you like winter sports. I've lived in both. With regards to shitty people, well they're everywhere.

Montreal is by far the best big city to live in in North America.
    27° 18°

If gary and xxx-er had been born in Texas they'd probably be ranting and raving about mexicans to their border control militia brothers. Same type of person.

I couldn't sleep last night. With garryfromterrace threatening to turn me into the CBSA and get me red flagged, I knew it was now or never.

I approached the border around sunrise. Not patrolled!
    Name:  P1140928.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  292.1 KB

It's just over that hill. I can smell the poutine from here.
    Name:  P1140958.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  256.6 KB

Oh Canada!
    Name:  P1140917.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  157.7 KB

I have no idea what this means but assume it is commemorating some war where the US kicked Canada's ass.
    Name:  P1140914.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  291.8 KB

Looks like other Americans have figured out my top-secret-sneak-across-the-border-spot. Us American's like to mark where we've been with bullet holes.
    Name:  P1140951.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  352.9 KB

The coast is clear, time to make a run for it.
    Name:  P1140931.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  264.8 KB

The True North strong and free!
    Name:  P1140920.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  253.1 KB

Should be at the Crowsnest Highway around noon. I'm famished. I'll need someone to pick me up and take me to the nearest White Spot. No scratch that. Time to celebrate. I'm going to Earls! My coordinates are below.
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-24-14-03-54.png
Views: 331
Size:  509.5 KB

My maps are useless because I don't speak kilometer. But I've read LeaLau's TRs, all 30,000 of them, and feel I know this place like the back of my hand.

Unfortunately, I left my ski gear at home. But I am heavily armed and willing to trade a few glocks for a nice touring setup and maybe a full suspension mountain bike. I also brought a selection of IPAs that don't take like rancid ass and some delicious banned Washington State produce (the forbidden fruit, if you will).

I'll also need a place to crash this winter, preferably with epic touring straight from the back door. Don't worry, I won't use your "water closet" as I prefer to bathe at the aquatic center. I've got a nasty cough at the moment, and a bit of a fever, but I am sure it is from the wildfire smoke and not COVID. A tout a l'heure!

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    It not so much the people as the geography, Quebec beats Ontario hands down, especially if you like winter sports. I've lived in both. With regards to shitty people, well they're everywhere.

which means it doesn't even make the top 100 places most skiers want to live...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post

Exactly. Shitty people exist everywhere and at pretty much the same rate. Awesome people too.

I agree on Montreal its awesome! Its diverse, awesome food, babes, partying. Small hills but they make the best out of them! And it seemed pretty affordable in terms of housing as well. I would live there in a heartbeat if ever presented with a work opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night. With garryfromterrace threatening to turn me into the CBSA and get me red flagged, I knew it was now or never.

I approached the border around sunrise. Not patrolled!
    Name:  P1140928.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  292.1 KB

It's just over that hill. I can smell the poutine from here.
    Name:  P1140958.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  256.6 KB

Oh Canada!
    Name:  P1140917.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  157.7 KB

I have no idea what this means but assume it is commemorating some war where the US kicked Canada's ass.
    Name:  P1140914.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  291.8 KB

Looks like other Americans have figured out my top-secret-sneak-across-the-border-spot. Us American's like to mark where we've been with bullet holes.
    Name:  P1140951.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  352.9 KB

The coast is clear, time to make a run for it.
    Name:  P1140931.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  264.8 KB

The True North strong and free!
    Name:  P1140920.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  253.1 KB

Should be at the Crowsnest Highway around noon. I'm famished. I'll need someone to pick me up and take me to the nearest White Spot. No scratch that. Time to celebrate. I'm going to Earls! My coordinates are below.
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-24-14-03-54.png
Views: 331
Size:  509.5 KB

My maps are useless because I don't speak kilometer. But I've read LeaLau's TRs, all 30,000 of them, and feel I know this place like the back of my hand.

Unfortunately, I left my ski gear at home. But I am heavily armed and willing to trade a few glocks for a nice touring setup and maybe a full suspension mountain bike. I also brought a selection of IPAs that don't take like rancid ass and some delicious banned Washington State produce (the forbidden fruit, if you will).

I'll also need a place to crash this winter, preferably with epic touring straight from the back door. Don't worry, I won't use your "water closet" as I prefer to bathe at the aquatic center. I've got a nasty cough at the moment, and a bit of the fever, but I am sure it is from the wildfire smoke and not COVID. A tout a l'heure!
    LOL thanks for the laugh