Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada

Its funny that the cons attack trudeau for his slc lavelin connections after harper tried to make us a police state, likre that other country, by privatizing prisons and awarding the contract to , you guessed it, slc lavelin. Pretty much marked the cons demise with that back room deal

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Are you a short person? You come across as a very tiny man.

I wear my mask everywhere I go. I haven't traveled anywhere, attended any parties. I'm doing what I'm being told to do. Sorry if I don't appear more panicked.

My original post was basically a joke you guys are SUCH keyboard tough guys.
    A small AZN man with free health care

what is happening to America is not a joke .

if you stick your head back up your ass you won't need the mask
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    A small AZN man with free health care

what is happening to America is not a joke .

if you stick your head back up your ass you won't need the mask
    Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the family who has been living my house in NJ rent free for the past 3 months. Also forgot all about the hours and 8k I spent procuring PPE for the hospital my sister works at back in April. You virtue signaling fucking midget. If I were able to stick my head up my ass your mother would be out of a job.

And give it a rest with the Canadian free health care shit. If it were so great I wouldn't be paying for my 25 year old cousin to come get treated in the US for his back issues.

I think we are wondering if you were/are that fucking stupid you really can't figure out why the border is closed ?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its funny that the cons attack trudeau for his slc lavelin connections after harper tried to make us a police state, likre that other country, by privatizing prisons and awarding the contract to , you guessed it, slc lavelin. Pretty much marked the cons demise with that back room deal
    Don't forget, he also knew people at a charity. MASSIVE scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    And give it a rest with the Canadian free health care shit. If it were so great I wouldn't be paying for my 25 year old cousin to come get treated in the US for his back issues.
    My mom died from cancer just after Christmas last year. This was after breast cancer treatments, surgery, then pancreatic cancer treatments, home care, then palliative care. Total cost of this massively expensive shitshow of doctors, drugs, and disappointment? Zero fucking dollars, and I can't imagine how she'd have received better care than what she got. Truly an A+ system any time I've had to interact with it. My anecdote cancels out your anecdote. But, I did have to pay for parking at the hospital so maybe you got us beat there.

The USA is falling apart, and the rest of the world is just watching in disbelief. Gotta fix that shit, man. We're all rooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

My mom died from cancer just after Christmas last year. This was after breast cancer treatments, surgery, then pancreatic cancer treatments, home care, then palliative care. Total cost of this massively expensive shitshow of doctors, drugs, and disappointment? Zero fucking dollars, and I can't imagine how she'd have received better care than what she got. Truly an A+ system any time I've had to interact with it. My anecdote cancels out your anecdote. But, I did have to pay for parking at the hospital so maybe you got us beat there.

The USA is falling apart, and the rest of the world is just watching in disbelief. Gotta fix that shit, man. We're all rooting for you.
    Sorry to hear that man. My uncle died from Brain cancer in Canada a few years ago as well and our experience was similar to yours. Incredible treatment. Great doctors and nurses. All free. The american side of the family was all blown away.

"free"....god I hate that term, it's not fucking free, we're just willing to pay it through our taxes collectively rather than to a fucking "insurance" company designed to deny you coverage when you need it most.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Sounds like Waxman wants a big Alberta, which is weird as I watch my partner's family and friends flee Edmonton as fast as they can.

The maritimes have a block where they're in it together... if you're from elsewhere it's 14 days.
    Nope, I want a smaller PQ and Ontario (or at least their influence on Canada as a whole) I too left Alberta. Sometimes you just have to do what is good for you and your family no matter what scumbags are in power. 4 minutes to work, 8 minutes to the ski hill, 9 minutes to the shooting range and MTB trail right outside the front door cancels out a lot of the "holy f@k the gov't wastes a lot of money on stupid sh!t"
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    "free"....god I hate that term, it's not fucking free, we're just willing to pay it through our taxes collectively rather than to a fucking "insurance" company designed to deny you coverage when you need it most.
    My elementary and high school education was free, too.

I think we are wondering if you were/are that fucking stupid you really can't figure out why the border is closed ?
    Al i know you enjoy baiting americans but put yourself in their shoes. If you lived in a country going through what they're going you might be a mite stressed out too.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I like the free samples at costco

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Don't forget, he also knew people at a charity. MASSIVE scandal.

I too am rooting for them. My wife is from California. I enjoy spending time there and generally find Americans to be really cool, friendly people. In fact we were suppose to spend over a month there this summer but that got cancelled pretty quick. Still bummed out about that.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Nope, I want a smaller PQ and Ontario (or at least their influence on Canada as a whole) I too left Alberta. Sometimes you just have to do what is good for you and your family no matter what scumbags are in power. 4 minutes to work, 8 minutes to the ski hill, 9 minutes to the shooting range and MTB trail right outside the front door cancels out a lot of the "holy f@k the gov't wastes a lot of money on stupid sh!t"
    have you see this map?

It looks like southern ontario and the saint lawrence river are about half the population. I don't see the grievance that western canada has with The East supposedly running the show if it represents the people voting (i.e. a recent majority of the densest places with some support elsewhere).

trudeau has been in power for six years, but before that you had harper for ten. moreover, the Liberals are the most boring centrist party anywhere besides the democrats. They don't really stand for much but run all kinds of compromise in government. Oil is obviously not very popular anywhere I've lived in the US or Canada, but the dude is doing everything he can to make pipelines happen. So why the hate from the west?

If anything, with the conservatives being popular in Ontario, I could easily see the Liberals losing, but hey, that's the will of the people being executed whether I like it or not... quite unlike what is going on in the states where Biden really needs to win by huge numbers to squeak by, even with Trump working hard to kill a few hundred thousand of my fellow citizens.

So what am i missing as a Canada-jong?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

have you see this map?

It looks like southern ontario and the saint lawrence river are about half the population. I don't see the grievance that western canada has with The East supposedly running the show if it represents the people voting (i.e. a recent majority of the densest places with some support elsewhere).

trudeau has been in power for six years, but before that you had harper for ten. moreover, the Liberals are the most boring centrist party anywhere besides the democrats. They don't really stand for much but run all kinds of compromise in government. Oil is obviously not very popular anywhere I've lived in the US or Canada, but the dude is doing everything he can to make pipelines happen. So why the hate from the west?

If anything, with the conservatives being popular in Ontario, I could easily see the Liberals losing, but hey, that's the will of the people being executed whether I like it or not... quite unlike what is going on in the states where Biden really needs to win by huge numbers to squeak by, even with Trump working hard to kill a few hundred thousand of my fellow citizens.

So what am i missing as a Canada-jong?
    I think what your missing here, and i am by no means an expert on the topic, is the perception that at alot of our tax revenue on a Federal level, and what pays for our glorious health care comes from resource extraction from the Western provinces and taxes on oil and gas. They're may be less people in Alberta, Saskatchewan and other resource rich areas, but they are kicking in a lot of money to Federal coffers due to corporate tax etc. I would suggest there is a similar perception and divide between Northern Ontario and those liberal urbanites in Toronto/Golden Horshoe (aka the armpit of Ontario).

I say 'perception' because i think this is the basic argument, but I don't know the actual numbers behind it. The perception is that Western Canada gives and has no voice, and Central Canada takes, gives nothing back and calls all the shots, especially when the PM has a French last name.

Not that anyone reading this gives a rats ass about the ins and outs of Canadian politics. We're all just a bunch of dumb snow Mexicans right.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Al i know you enjoy baiting americans but put yourself in their shoes. If you lived in a country going through what they're going you might be a mite stressed out too.
    Its actualy more of a hey don't you see they are running a game on you over with the god & patriotism thing, I can see it and I'm not that smart

If I lived in that country I would probably be carrying weapons too

nothing in life is free including the HC in Canada which of course does come out of my taxes but it is still zero out of my pocket, the pro's are gona give me a new ACL end of the month, 8.5 months injury-to- OR and its cost me zero

It used to be the progressive Conservative party of Canada, they were boring guys at a party who were fiscaly responsible so just yer fathers conservative party but they disolved in 2003 and it became the conservative party of Canada which was rife with whacko nut jobs, Steven Harper was in for 2 terms and he tried to change the face on canada to be more American, if he had another term he would have made it

Peter Mackay was quoted as saying Andrew Sheer the Conservative leader who lost the last federal election couldn't get rid of the Stinking Albatross of social conservatism I think pete also had to read Rime of the ancient mariner in HS

So IMO Canadians are not conservatives but they are liberals

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    I think what your missing here, and i am by no means an expert on the topic, is the perception that at alot of our tax revenue on a Federal level, and what pays for our glorious health care comes from resource extraction from the Western provinces and taxes on oil and gas. They're may be less people in Alberta, Saskatchewan and other resource rich areas, but they are kicking in a lot of money to Federal coffers due to corporate tax etc. I would suggest there is a similar perception and divide between Northern Ontario and those liberal urbanites in Toronto/Golden Horshoe (aka the armpit of Ontario).

I say 'perception' because i think this is the basic argument, but I don't know the actual numbers behind it. The perception is that Western Canada gives and has no voice, and Central Canada takes, gives nothing back and calls all the shots, especially when the PM has a French last name.

Not that anyone reading this gives a rats ass about the ins and outs of Canadian politics. We're all just a bunch of dumb snow Mexicans right.
    Weren't those same people 'the takers' before the oil boom of the mid 90's? It just seems like things are working; people here have guns and gun control, a safety net, environmental compromise, taxes exactly one slot lower than the average of the OECD countries, half the death rate per 100k as teh USA with covid...

I'm about ready to pinch myself or at least stop telling people how good it is up here.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Weren't those same people 'the takers' before the oil boom of the mid 90's? It just seems like things are working; people here have guns and gun control, a safety net, environmental compromise, taxes exactly one slot lower than the average of the OECD countries, half the death rate per 100k as teh USA with covid...

I'm about ready to pinch myself or at least stop telling people how good it is up here.
    It's good up here if you are white. Our good country was built on a history of murder and genocide. So, like yeah, let's topple the statue of John A MacDonald because he was a racist that advocated for eradication indigenous Canadians. But Canada wouldn't Canada without his brutal legacy. It might have just ended up being part of America.

I certainly prefer "Peace, Order and Good Government" over "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". But I'm just lucky i was born on this side of the line and that my french and indigenous ancestors go far back enough in my families history that I have the privilege to choose to be a white anglo Canadian at my convenience.
    27° 18°

8.5 months injury-to- OR and its cost me zero
    Wait, 8.5 months?! Holy crap. What possible reason could there be for it to take that long to get an operation that takes a couple hours?

I'd rather pay the five grand it cost me (deductible) and get it done right away so I can get back to living my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    Riddle me this: Border is closed for driving across for both countries unless it is essential, trade, etc....BUT - Canadians are allowed to fly to the US for the fuck of it, or to go ski Deer Valley or whatever, and then fly home. Yes, the quarantine police will monitor them for 14 days upon return. Mericans cannot fly to Canada. Period. If you have an immediate family member that is ill you apparently can go, but it requires giving your left nut with no chance of getting it back. Guess all I am saying is this makes no sense, and I am jealous as BC is my happy place and I am Canadian living in Merica........fuking politicians.
    Why on earth would we fly to ski Deer Valley?

a couple weeks in physio to realize its facked so get in the system sez the PT, I go see the MD who manages my file, she gets me in for the MRI now we are at 2 month ( not bad for an MRI )

Go back to discuss with MD she sez yer knee is fucked so which pro you wana deal with 2 hrs west or 4 hrs east,
    i go east cuz my son lives there, MD sends file to the Pro it takes him 2 weeks to read my file & look at the pictures

Now we go into a unprecedented pandemic where non emergency surgeries do not happen for what 2 months ?

the pro starts doing surgeys again does a ZOOM consult, sez ok I will be in your town doing surgery in sept and november, you can wait for me to physicaly examine you and cut on you in november or come here and let me fondle your knee in august which will speed things up, so mid august i go for the in person fondling of the knee,

also get new Enduro seals/ new wipers/ oil in my FOX 36, pump infinity slider full of grease, get a new chain for my Yeti

that gets me on a waiting list for sept or November for sure, thats how you eat up 8.5 months in the Canadian HC system and btw that is not a bad time line really, take out the Pandemic and call it a 6 month wait is pretty good really

I know a woman who facked her knee after me was in pain/all locked up and they did her last month, so you can line jump if it is emergency enough, I've spiral fractured a tib/fib and it took a day to get emergency surgery

so far it has cost me zero OR I could drive 14hrs to Vangroovy and pay 4-5000 $

a couple weeks in physio to realize its facked so get in the system sez the PT, I go see the MD who manages my file, she gets me in for the MRI now we are at 2 month ( not bad for an MRI )

Go back to discuss with MD she sez yer knee is fucked so which pro you wana deal with 2 hrs west or 4 hrs east,
    i go east cuz my son lives there, MD sends file to the Pro it takes him 2 weeks to read my file & look at the pictures

Now we go into a unprecedented pandemic where non emergency surgeries do not happen for what 2 months ?

the pro starts doing surgeys again does a ZOOM consult, sez ok I will be in your town doing surgery in sept and november, you can wait for me to physicaly examine you and cut on you in november or come here and let me fondle your knee in august which will speed things up, so mid august i go for the in person fondling of the knee,

also get new Enduro seals/ new wipers/ oil in my FOX 36, pump infinity slider full of grease, get a new chain for my Yeti

that gets me on a waiting list for sept or November for sure, thats how you eat up 8.5 months in the Canadian HC system and btw that is not a bad time line really, take out the Pandemic and call it a 6 month wait is pretty good really

I know a woman who facked her knee after me was in pain/all locked up and they did her last month, so you can line jump if it is emergency enough

so far it has cost me zero OR I could drive 14hrs to Vangroovy and pay 4-5000 $
    You have spun this into a nicey-nice justification for the shit show that is your knee and Canadian healthcare. And I don't doubt that most of what you are saying is true, but the fact is you received shitty service and it took forever, period. And this is bull shit. Because you (or your neighbors that actually work) pay insane amounts of taxes for this.

I grew up in Canada, was educated in excellent Canadian schools. Most of my immediate family still lives in Canada, working and some retired. I have worked in Canada. I have been living and working just over the border in the US for almost 20 years now, including business ownership. I have had several surgeries in both Canada and the US. I have been in ICU...I have had accidents happen in the US and all the follow-up done in Canada (while going to University). I can tell you that most Americans don't know how the Canadian system works, but the perception is its "free". I can also tell you that Canadians don't have a damn clue how it works in the US.

My brother waited close to a year for a knee MRI in Canada because he was young, it wasn't acute enough (meaning he wasn't in a wheel chair). In my opinion the service my dad received in Canada for colon cancer was slower than molasses (but it was "free"). In the US I have always had very good timely service. I am fortunate enough that our business puts health insurance first and we have good insurance. Yes it costs money. Is my deductible $5k? No it isn't. Am I making dentists wages? No. Do my parents living in Canada have to buy extra insurance to travel to the US? Yes. Is it cheap? No. If you are hard working mid-to low income American that doesn't have insurance through work, does that suck? yes. is it right? No.

The reality is that most of Canada has settled for mediocre/shit service and support, because they don't know any better. And it is expensive.
    The American system is far from perfect, there are lots of folks that are disadvantaged and put in bad spot due to this. But in general service is top notch.
    There are pros and cons to both systems. Period. If you think Canadian healthcare is free and awesome, you are wrong.

Hammer-Down, well summed up. I buggered my knee this January, told 5-6 months for an MRI, go to physio, no better, finally paid for private MRI after 12 weeks. Damage was found that changed the PT and things got better. My grandmother was admitted for some generic sickness that was misdiagnosed and she died of pneumonia while in care. My dad had a stroke was prescribed some drug that interfered with or was in conflict with his diabetes and he basically spent the next 2 years in palliative care. Free is great and all but you get what you pay for.

As for the map, yes I am familiar with it. The issue isn't where the population is but how the riding populations are distributed.
    These threads always have a lot of back and forth and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else really but geezus the way the gov't burns money at all levels in this country really steams my vegetables.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Didnt xxxer say he could go to vancouver and pay 5k cad straight away but chose the "free" option? I once heard that 5 cad is cheaper than 5 usd. Id wait a couple/few months and go to one of the best knee surgeons in canada in banff. We have that option, even though banff is alberta and im in bc

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

what I said was exactly what happened so read it again and ask questions if you don't understand something but you seem to want to sound like an asshole ?

yeah I could pay but i chose to not pay, almost nobody goes the private clinic route but its an option

yeah I know HC is not really free but it IS universaly available to anybody which is why its also slower

which does not mean its bad HC

A country that doesnt take care of its people shouldn't be suprised when people start shooting with one of the 280million guns floating around down there

And I don't work cuz I already did so I don't have to