Thread: Grom AT rig

Grom AT rig

I'm trying to set up a COVID AT rig for my 6 year old. It's NE, so nothing serious, but uphill needed and crud/tight trees is probably par on the way down. My thinking, but would love feedback, is:

- Use fat skiboards like the K2 Fatty as a sub for short powder skis, since real powder skis don't seem to be made shorter than 140s (I need ~100s)

- If I can find a pair, the Hogan Z02 Junior seems like the only option. 18.5 mondo means 225 boot sole, which is the minimum that binding fits. Looks like it isn't made any more. Any other ideas? Ideas were I can buy some Hagans used?

- A bungee from me to my 6-year-old also probably makes sense to take the uphill burden off

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Bungee is the way to go. Wax their skis & teach em to pole

I used a belt on myself & a harness on the kiddo; feet from the end of their attachment, place a second cord with a PVC pipe & mtb grips. It’s like water skiing when they get tired & grab for the handle.

Has worked for my 2

at 6 you want to go with a kids cross country ski set up. Tape some old skins to them so they can climb. Carry the downhill set up in your pack. Switch over at the top.
    off your knees Louie

Good thoughts. Love it. Thanks!

I'm a bit bummed out the Hagan bindings aren't made. Bungee + x-country/skins on the way up seems to make a lot of sense. May do a powder ski set up for the way down, but alpine gear is easy to get.

re: powder skis, Mantras come in a 118, maybe smaller. Fully rockered, 85 underfoot. Was plenty of powder ski for my 6 year old when he has 6 and had them.

who's got Owen's old Silvretta Pure cut-down set-up?
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 09-02-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Grom AT rig

I carried the alpine setup in the pack and daughter booted.

And that was even when she had Frischi frame bindings for a while.
    BTW, I still have those in the garage. If ya want them, they go to DIN2-3 I think.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'm on a 1 DIN I think ... could push to 2, but I worry about my little guy's knees. He's just learning powder.

How much for the Frischi's nonetheless?