Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MTB shoes with a wide toe box?

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    paging plugboots to the Bont phone... How did the superfeet work out? I traded a few messages with Bont support, they mentioned that custom insoles may conflict with the 'built in anatomical arch support' resulting in me possibly finding the "arch slightly uncomfortable". In addition to a wide forefoot, I have a medium bordering on high arch, so always put a custom/aftermarket insole in. Doesn't seem like the best design choice to built an arch into the last of the shoe, but maybe they have to do that to keep it so low profile.
    Hey, I just noticed that this got bumped.

There is no way that a footbed would work in my Bonts. The carbon is shaped like a Birkenstock, but with a much higher arch.

I have flat feet and it took 3 moldings to flatten the built-in arches enough for me to be able to use them.

Edit to add: My feet aren’t ridiculously flat. I ski with green Superfeet. Both pairs of my Bont shoes (mtb and road) have much higher arches than the Superfeet.
    U.P.: up

MTB shoes with a wide toe box?

I ended up, (so far at least), not putting in superfeet foot beds. I’ve been riding and I haven’t had any foot issues at all, so I don’t wanna mess with anything.
    It was funny, I did a ride a couple weeks ago and I basically forgot I had the new shoes, so that’s when I knew I didn’t need to change anything.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    thanks Stradissimo and plugboots. very helpful. I have never had a good cycling shoe experience without a footbed of some sort. that seems to be a red flag for me for Bonts then... still tempted to order a pair and resolve my FOMO, quest for the unicorn shoe, I guess the risk is about $15 to $20 (return shipping)

Long time foot bed user with flat feet, I can't ski without a foot bed but I have never used footbeds in an SPD bike shoe

Bike shoes are alredy pretty tight/ low volume, the balls of my feet are already on the peddle axle it like the back of the hoe is just holding the toe/ cleat on the foot, i don't see any reason to have a foot bed even a 3/4 length but YMMV
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I’m in Redmond if you want to see Bonts before ordering. They’re really different from any other shoe I’ve had. The carbon is like a canoe, not a flat board
    U.P.: up

Quote Originally Posted by stradissimo View Post
    I’m in Redmond if you want to see Bonts before ordering. They’re really different from any other shoe I’ve had. The carbon is like a canoe, not a flat board
    thanks for the offer, I appreciate it stradissimo!

I went with some Lakes. They feel better than my Sidis. Time will tell! Maybe Bonts next time.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    thanks for the offer, I appreciate it stradissimo!

I went with some Lakes. They feel better than my Sidis. Time will tell! Maybe Bonts next time.
    Which Lakes did you get? I'll be on the lookout to take them off your hands (again!) once you decide to sell and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    Which Lakes did you get? I'll be on the lookout to take them off your hands (again!) once you decide to sell and move on.
    haha... hopefully they work out and you have a really long wait I hate messing with shoes.

I got the MX241s... the flexible, paneled upper plus double boas in the right places really looks like it will work well for my sixth toe issue. Nice stiff sole, great lugs, I don't spend much time unclipped usually but when I do its nice to have some actual purchase on a wet root or rock (Sidis are ~hard plastic). Moldable heels too. They seem really well made. Wearing them around the house for a few hours felt better than my house slippers so that was a good sign (aside from the clompy stiffness of course).

bumping this thread in case any wide-feet mags are looking for Bonts to try on the cheap. The fit didnt end up working out for me, but they are a really cool, stiff shoe design in my opinion.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e-size-45-Wide

PSA Lake has most of their line at half off right now. Most sizes are in stock.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I’ve used both the Lake 332 extra wide and 201. I was originally thrown off by the 201 not coming in a “wide” size, but it’s pretty dang high volume. I would definitely recommend for wider feet.

I like the stretch of the 201 vs the 169, but I wish the 201 had a double boa like the 332 so I could lock down the heel without tightening the forefoot.

Anyway, don’t be scared of the non-wide size of the 201.