Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Have not skied the ZX108 and TX103 yet but I bought them.
    The TX103 line is basically the same as the gen z line of the ZX108 so if I was you I'll mount on the gen z line.
    Personally I like my mounts a bit back, semi-old euro skier here, I'll mount the TX103 at -2.

I was really happy with my ZX108. I thought the tip was maybe a bit soft if I got too far forward, but I also only skied 4 days this winter on them, and that was in JH after being on a ship and not skiing for 2 months. I really think the tips are perfectly fine, my form just sucked, and I had no balance because I hadn’t been skiing.

I really think Kastle got them right. I’m hoping to end up somewhere where I can justify a pair of ZX115s because they sound like a big pair of ZX108s. A ski that will surprise you in its versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for the feedback. Stuntman, I think your right and will likely go with the gen z line

FYI, I scored these from snowcountry. Already discounted and they had a summer sale going as well. Like telemark-Pyrenees site, ridiculously fast shipping to the US

Anyone have any real-world experience on the 193 zx115? I have the opportunity to snag a pair, but I’m a little hesitant.
    My ski of choice lately has been the OG 186 Bodacious for most days and a 189 Bonafide 97 for groomer duty.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Anyone have any real-world experience on the 193 zx115? I have the opportunity to snag a pair, but I’m a little hesitant.
    My ski of choice lately has been the OG 186 Bodacious for most days and a 189 Bonafide 97 for groomer duty.

Nope, but if you don’t want them I’ll take them.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I was really happy with my ZX108. I thought the tip was maybe a bit soft if I got too far forward, but I also only skied 4 days this winter on them, and that was in JH after being on a ship and not skiing for 2 months. I really think the tips are perfectly fine, my form just sucked, and I had no balance because I hadn’t been skiing.

I really think Kastle got them right. I’m hoping to end up somewhere where I can justify a pair of ZX115s because they sound like a big pair of ZX108s. A ski that will surprise you in its versatility.

Softish tips was my biggest complaint for the larger Kastle skis as well over the years (back to the original MX108). Makes them easier in bumps and to initiate carves, but they fold up a bit when maching through chop. Not sure if they do it to make the ski easier or more accessible, or if its more for better powder performance. They strike me as a conservative brand, so it may be the latter (refusal to acknowledge you don't need soft tips anymore for good powder performance and that rocker is enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Softish tips was my biggest complaint for the larger Kastle skis as well over the years (back to the original MX108). Makes them easier in bumps and to initiate carves, but they fold up a bit when maching through chop. Not sure if they do it to make the ski easier or more accessible, or if its more for better powder performance. They strike me as a conservative brand, so it may be the latter (refusal to acknowledge you don't need soft tips anymore for good powder performance and that rocker is enough).
    The tips being a bit soft is my only complaint about the ski. It tends to lead to a binding up feeling, like the skis getting stopped awkwardly in punchy left over snow, but it was easily fixed by switching to a very neutral stance on the skis. I didn’t notice it in chop as much, but in inbounds I was very over the front of the ski and driving them hard. Also, take into account I got 4 days (out of 11 days I got on snow this winter, fuck work) on them. The video this screen shot was taken from I felt like the tips just didn’t want to always punch through. I will say of the 105-110mm wide skis, these are the best since the 193 Blizzard Scout I’ve been on for overall performance, nothing else has come close to me even considering taking it into powder or OB. I’ve always grabbed something >110mm wide for soft snow because I just didn’t like any of the narrower options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	501.8 KB 
ID:	419902

Anybody mount the ZX 108/ZX 100/ZX 115 forward of the "Gen Z" line?

Or ZX 100 for that matter. Can be had for cheap nearby, considering it for low tide and early season duty

Quote Originally Posted by Qilimanjaro View Post
    Or ZX 100 for that matter. Can be had for cheap nearby, considering it for low tide and early season duty
    Gonna mount my ZX 100 189's on the Gen Z line and report back soon...

Any more feedback on the ZX108 191? How stable is it?

Very stable. Loved mine. Just don’t have the room or resort to ski them currently

I rode 191’s for a season plus, they are more stable than playful but far from a big, damp, stable charger. They require a more active skiing style in crud and chop. If you’re looking for a good all round everyday ski for mixed conditions these are great. If stable and going fast is priority 1, I might snag something else. I moved to Sender Squads, big difference.

I also tried 100’s after really liking my 108’s. Felt like a far different ski than a narrower version. Sold them after a week, not great.