Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    My Praxis collab Lhasa Pow Fats are my favorite ski, they turned out awesome. I currently have the 191 Praxis Lhasas, 192cm protests, 17’ 191cm ON3P Cease and Desists, and 19’ 189cm Cease and Desists. I’m sure there’s some gap in there the Kusalas would fill

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ordered. Hopefully, I am able to ski on them before 2022.

How many are going UL and how many are going enduro? I went enduro because it was the only option at the time.

I was relieved to not have to obsess about options for once. Then the UL/veneer option appeared on the website, and now, I obsess.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Ooh la lah
    It should be noted that Otto Parts came up with the name for this ski.

Ordered! I split the difference for weight, went enduro/carbon and veneer. I’ll decide on bindings and ideal use when they arrive, guaranteed they’ll be put to good use.

Looking forward to opening day at this point. Then a pow day.

Keith says we've got enough orders. It's a go. And pressing is coming up soon.

October 17 still the order deadline Pat?

Yes.

I put my order in. I was planning on buying a bike this fall but my broken wrist stopped that dead in its tracks. So instead I decided to grab a pair of these. I'm stoked and I'm really looking forward to winter.

Oh, yeah. Talked to Keith yesterday. Things are getting done in preparation for this run. So fukking excited.

Orders close on the 17th. We'll be pressing a pair or two soon to check out the details.

Just when I think I'm set for the season...

Keith pressed me some of the FRS with full rocker and UL core last season which have been fun. I wonder how these would compare? Rocker seems similar, but the FRS has a tad more sidecut.

What do you mean by full rocker? Continuous reverse rocker?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What do you mean by full rocker? Continuous reverse rocker?
    Sorry for the confusion, splat...no camber, flat underfoot for about 15cm, so not necessarily continuous rocker but pretty close.

Kusalas run flat for prolly 80-100 cm. Gives them an unreal pivot and intuitive ability in deep pow.
    Check out Lindahls input on that somewhere in previous posts.

Got ya, sounds like they might be a little redundant for the quiver outside of a little more surface area underfoot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Keith pressed me some of the FRS with full rocker and UL core last season which have been fun.
    Still at the very top of my list of skis to try, and still waiting for a short review of these bad dogs!! Maybe you could update the Praxis thread with such juicy data?? At the end of the day I was quite torn between the two but could not resist the opportunity to own a pair of Kusalas. That CCR FRS though, it’s gon stay on my list, hell the standard profile on that thing looks cash money as well, may not be worth messing with?? Praxis options are FKN awesome!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Still at the very top of my list of skis to try, and still waiting for a short review of these bad dogs!! Maybe you could update the Praxis thread with such juicy data?? At the end of the day I was quite torn between the two but could not resist the opportunity to own a pair of Kusalas. That CCR FRS though, it’s gon stay on my list, hell the standard profile on that thing looks cash money as well, may not be worth messing with?? Praxis options are FKN awesome!
    Ha, my sample size is pretty small due to the timing of storms/covid and my lady being on the front lines during the beginning of the pandemic. Only a few short days on them but so far I'm psyched. I went CCR because they're my powder touring ski and felt that was the way to go. They came out to be 2100g per ski in the UL layup. They floated well in the storms I was out in, are plenty maneuverable in the trees, haven't really gotten to open them up yet as I was skiing pretty low angle. I was hoping to get a handful more days on them before posting up over on the Praxis thread.

Limited Edition Kusala Pow By Praxis Order Thread

Sounds like a great start to me!! Stoked to hear what you have to say after you get mas time on em!! Thanks!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Thread title changed to remind everyone orders close after 10/17. That's less than a week. Wow.

Ready for launch.

i'm trying so hard to sell extra shit off and make the money to get a pair.

wish me luck!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Any protos been pressed yet? I know the site says October 26 start.... I'm on the fence, mostly re weight

^ This info would be good and possibly help push people off the fence. Photos would also be nice.

Probably not very important, but are these going to be solid black bases or something die cut?