Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home Fitness Routines

With COVID ongoing and finally hiring some help for childcare I should have time to work on my fitness again starting this fall.
    Currently I have been riding my bike to the office when I go in ~14 miles round trip and playing with my 4yo son and a once a week longer mtb ride.

I am hoping add a couple more intense aerobic workouts and a couple more strength focused ones in when we hire a nanny. Another real ride and a run if my hip lets me should take care of part 1. Looking for suggestions for minimal equipment high intensity strength focused workouts to do at home. I don't want to buy a full weight setup but would be up something at uses adjustable dumbbells or kettlebells or something similar. Hoping for ~45 minute workouts that I can follow a plan or video. Anyone have recommendations?

Find a local gym that is offering Zoom classes/instruction.

I've been doing 2x/wk Zoom yoga from a Seattle studio since March. It's been a life saver for me.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Lots of resources out there, and I'm no exercise guru so I'll leave that to others. If you have some extra money to spend and need something more focused, I will put in a plug for a friend of mine, https://outdoorathleteproject.com/. He has incredible programs that require little or no equipment, and can work with you to develop a program specific to you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Smile Home Fitness Routines

I also train at home. There are many useful videos to be found on YouTube. I think it's good that now more and more content is aimed at helping people.

I've been doing pause push-ups and bent-over rows with a battery jump box every other day. Body squats, shoulder presses, curls, and kickbacks using a big detergent bottle every other, other day. Handstands against the wall occasionally. Most often in underwear.

I actually get out of the house and ride my bike at lunch time. Different routes, different intensity levels for my aerobic conditioning. If you have good joints, you can go for a run.

For HIIT workouts, I do circuit training sessions. You can do weighted or body only. Tons and tons of videos on line. There are so many variations, you could go months and not do the same routine twice.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Maybe try furious masterbation?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Any specific YouTube channel recommendations? The junk to quality ratio there is hard to sort through without a starting point. The circuit type intervals with a strength focus are what I am looking for and donít know how to find. I plan to keep riding my bike as well and Xc ski we actually get snow this winter.

Plank crunches->push-ups->pull-ups->squat presses->passing a medicine ball through alternating legs while doing bicycle kicks as fast and as many times as you can for your 45 minutes 2-3 times week. Then, a couple times a week burpees with weights->curls->wrist rollers. Lift riding day and touring day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is Prancercise not a thing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Any specific YouTube channel recommendations? The junk to quality ratio there is hard to sort through without a starting point. The circuit type intervals with a strength focus are what I am looking for and don’t know how to find. I plan to keep riding my bike as well and Xc ski we actually get snow this winter.
    If you dig older chicks Denise Austin is still a hot box of rocks.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is Prancercise not a thing anymore?

Denise Austin is still a hot box of rocks.
    You just reminded me of the time I was just getting started out of college, was with a client at their new house, and a fucking helicopter shows up out of nowhere. Out hops (literally) Richard Simmons.

And however you imagine he might have acted during that visit multiply it by about 20 and youíd be right.

We are hiring a nanny.

Looking for suggestions of 45 minute intense aerobic workouts.
    I could better answer your question if you post pics of the nanny, but I think the answer is fairly obvious.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

With COVID ongoing and finally hiring some help for childcare I should have time to work on my fitness again starting this fall.
    Currently I have been riding my bike to the office when I go in ~14 miles round trip and playing with my 4yo son and a once a week longer mtb ride.

I am hoping add a couple more intense aerobic workouts and a couple more strength focused ones in when we hire a nanny. Another real ride and a run if my hip lets me should take care of part 1. Looking for suggestions for minimal equipment high intensity strength focused workouts to do at home. I don't want to buy a full weight setup but would be up something at uses adjustable dumbbells or kettlebells or something similar. Hoping for ~45 minute workouts that I can follow a plan or video. Anyone have recommendations?
    I just squat press, and push press the kids. They love it. Runs at lunch

OP use your trust fund to found the finest lift manufacturing and installation company on the planet.
    Then try raising your own damn kids. Carry them around on a packboard when you need a better workout. Apaches were fit, no? They didn't even have cars to push.

Have you seen what the Apaches look like now?

If you live in the mid Atlantic or even NY area, the York barbell factory store is open in York, Pa.. It's right on rt. 83. Weights have been impossible to find for months. I scored a few pair last week just driving by, but, I'd call ahead.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Any specific YouTube channel recommendations? The junk to quality ratio there is hard to sort through without a starting point. The circuit type intervals with a strength focus are what I am looking for and donít know how to find. I plan to keep riding my bike as well and Xc ski we actually get snow this winter.
    Bang for buck (time/equipment) this is a great session. One kettlebell and ~30 mins but it gets the job done.

https://youtu.be/OMK9i9atoxQ

I started doing SOFLETE based on the recommendation of a friend who is ex-military.
    I like the workouts. The app works well with a timer and all. It keeps stats, but they seem off to me, and I really don't care to measure myself against other golfers.

I made my own weights using contractor grade trash bags, sand, rubber mulch, wood stove pellets, etc. I loaded them in the plastic bags first, wrapped them in gorilla tape, and put them in various dry bags and military ruck sacks that I had. I also spent $23 on a new to me military duffel from the Army Navy store. They had a ton of bags for cheap that could be used. I have a 20, 40, and 60 made up so far. They work pretty well, but I think I am going to sew up my own housing with better grab handles. I think I will use waxed canvas, or some material that doesn't absorb sweat.

At this point, I think I am spending more time putting together weights and searching for materials. I have done 4 of the workouts for week one, and I am mid week two, so not so hot. My procrastinating skills are top notch though.

Good luck finding weights. If you need advice on making your own, let me know.

Apparently our favorite Olympic skier/attention whore has a new video out where she does squats above a toilet.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12503...uts-ski-video/

Athlean X. Subscribe and youíll find a ton of home workouts.

If been doing a prison workout.

Pushups, pull ups, burpees for 25 min every other day. Hikes in between.

I have to say. I wonít be going back to the gym anytime soon, except to swim in the winter. I think that would be the safest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I've been doing pause push-ups and bent-over rows with a battery jump box every other day. Body squats, shoulder presses, curls, and kickbacks using a big detergent bottle every other, other day. Handstands against the wall occasionally. Most often in underwear.
    Now using the battery jump box AND big detergent bottle for bent-over rows. Helps with grip strength, too. Really making progress!

funny this thread came up.

I am not a big traditional workout guy, havent been to a gym in many many years. Ive never been "fat", 6'3" typically float around 195-200lbs. Seems i've packed a bit on during covid so I decided to try a full 30 day deal of just situps and pushups. Im not looking for mass just trying to tighten up a few areas. I'm 49 so no lofty thoughts about huge transformations, but if I see a decent looking improvement in 30 days I will continue and likey add some more body weight training exercise.

On day 7. 50 pushups, 50 situps, takes about 10 min...i figure it cant hurt even if it doesnt give me any "looks" results.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

fitnessblender.com static stretches (25mins) followed by light kettle balls (15-25lbs). 3 reps of 10...Floor to waist to over head. Then 30min of 130 degree infrared sauna. Then bowl. Then Netflix
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman