Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Alterra = RTP One (aka Active) for the most part, not really Skidata. Skidata is just the gates that scan the RFID. The backend database infrastructure system is RTP One. Ikon Pass is a conglomerate of all of the resorts (Alterra owned and partners). Ikon Pass partner resorts all have their own systems for the backend infrastructure and all have an Ikon Pass appliance at the resort which integrates the Ikon Pass with the resorts system. Each time someone visits an Ikon Pass partner resort, their customer information is shared with the resort from Alterra.
    Good to know -- I don't know their stack, just gleaning what I can from things that have hit my inbox.

Who knew you had to hire a CPA in order to go skiing or not.

Well, Epic pass sales are up 18% from last year at this time. I think the reservation system is going to be interesting. Also, they dont have a breakdown of pass type bc a 4 Day Epic pass counts in that number.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/09/24/v...s-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Well, Epic pass sales are up 18% from last year at this time. I think the reservation system is going to be interesting. Also, they dont have a breakdown of pass type bc a 4 Day Epic pass counts in that number.

Really surprised. I think people are going to lose their shit when reality hits and they can’t make weekend reservations whenever they want. Maybe I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Really surprised. I think people are going to lose their shit when reality hits and they can’t make weekend reservations whenever they want. Maybe I’m wrong.
    There is going to be a revolt that first big weekend powder day that people wont be able to ski like they want to. Then the aggro bros who didnt get a spot are gonna be all aggro in the BC, and then something is going to slide.

I bet a lot of people bought in to preserve their credits from last season (I did), and if they don't get their 7 reservation dates by December 7, will opt to roll over the purchase price until next winter (I will).

A lot of people just buying to save the sunk cost, I imagine.

Vail Resorts RESERVED SKIING! It's gonna be EPIC!

There is going to be a revolt that first big weekend powder day that people wont be able to ski like they want to. Then the aggro bros who didnt get a spot are gonna be all aggro in the BC, and then something is going to slide.
    Guaran-fucking-teed.
    There could be fights in the lift line. Aggro millennials don’t like being told no, you can’t access the mountain today, even though there’s 18” fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Guaran-fucking-teed.
    There could be fights in the lift line. Aggro millennials don’t like being told no, you can’t access the mountain today, even though there’s 18” fresh.
    If there's an RFID gate they're not getting through. If not and they start a fight with a lift op they'll lose their pass and probably be banned for life. If they refuse to leave a closed RFID gate there will be hundreds of skiers with reservations to deal with. If they try to uphill to an unmonitored lift and caught --banned. If they show up expecting to lift ski and then leave for the BC, the parking will be gone when they get there. There might be a few bad actors but word will get around quick.
    If the only skiing you love is powder you aren't a skier.

Nobody loves this pandemic, except maybe Xi. If people can't deal with a screwed up ski season maybe they'd prefer to be in a 2 bedroom apartment in Queens with a wife, 4 kids, their parents and inlaws, taking the subway to their essential job. Fuck 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Who knew you had to hire a CPA in order to go skiing or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo;
    As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit.
    https://youtu.be/m6kFCNsnQpQ
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Which one am I supposed to be?

If there's an RFID gate they're not getting through. If not and they start a fight with a lift op they'll lose their pass and probably be banned for life. If they refuse to leave a closed RFID gate there will be hundreds of skiers with reservations to deal with. If they try to uphill to an unmonitored lift and caught --banned. If they show up expecting to lift ski and then leave for the BC, the parking will be gone when they get there. There might be a few bad actors but word will get around quick.

Nobody loves this pandemic, except maybe Xi. If people can't deal with a screwed up ski season maybe they'd prefer to be in a 2 bedroom apartment in Queens with a wife, 4 kids, their parents and inlaws, taking the subway to their essential job. Fuck 'em.
    This is pretty good you ole’ goat

Which one am I supposed to be?
    Well, since you're in search of professional consultation to navigate the Epic terrain, you must not be the lawyer ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Well, since you're in search of professional consultation to navigate the Epic terrain, you must not be the lawyer ;-)

... Thom
    And my hairline is the same as "Hunter's".

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I bet a lot of people bought in to preserve their credits from last season (I did), and if they don't get their 7 reservation dates by December 7, will opt to roll over the purchase price until next winter (I will).

A lot of people just buying to save the sunk cost, I imagine.
    But it value that rolls over. Not the pass. You are not saving anything in 21/22.

You paid $X for 20/21, and then defer $X toward a 21/22 pass. The pass itself does not defer to next season. Just what you paid.

wait what?

makes zero sense
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

They will defer the amount of money paid for your pass toward your pass purchase in 21/22. You did not pay the “credit” amount. That does not defer. No matter what, you pay full price in 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    They will defer the amount of money paid for your pass toward your pass purchase in 21/22. You did not pay the “credit” amount. That does not defer. No matter what, you pay full price in 21/22
    Nope. It’s right there on their website.

If you receive a refund and used your Pass Holder Credit from the 2019/20 season, you may be eligible to rollover that credit (or a portion thereof) and apply it towards the purchase of a pass of equal or greater value for the 2021/2022 ski and ride season
    Like said, in order to lock in any credits for 21/22, I had to buy a pass this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

does anyone know (first hand) if family of the employee is exempt from sign up. I read that earlier here, but have been unable to confirm?

^^^ only if they are a dependant of the employee pass holder.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    ^^^ only if they are a dependant of the employee pass holder.
    Perfect! Thanks!

Unless you’re a powder skier.

I am getting emails from them about my credits and having to “accept” credit terms and agreements....I’m getting pissed at all this “small print” bullshit they are piling on here at the last minute. I opened up the link, and there was nothing to click to “accept” anything....so I am becoming very skeptical of the whole thing.

I have a feeling I’m/ we are going to get screwed here.....and they are not going to follow through with these credits they offered....and I’m gonna get charged full blast in November.

Anybody else feel they are making it so confusing, that we are all gonna get screwed in the end?....or am I just paranoid?

At this point, this small print shit has me wishing I totally should of just cancelled back in September.....

/rant

Well, you know the ski experience will suck this winter after they laid off those 60 marketing people. How will the ski hills operate without them?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Nope. It’s right there on their website.

Like said, in order to lock in any credits for 21/22, I had to buy a pass this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well fuck then. I was told the opposite in a chat. I would have bought them.

Is Vail mailing these passes out? Has anyone received one yet?