Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    incorrect
    I'd do one of those poconos vacations in a heartbeat. do they still have any places with the champagne glass hot tub?

probably have to boil and bleach it first, but I've always wanted to have a room with one, ever since watching 80's ski movies
    Notice how those of us accustomed to some of the best mountains (Squaw, Jackson, etc) aren’t being snobby assholes because we aren’t posing like Benny?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Most of those places are abandoned....Cove Haven by Lake Wallenpaupack(where I’m at) is the only one left....but that’s even on its last legs...
    thanks for the intel. we’ll have to bump that up the list if it’s near death
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I bought passes two days after the first EU Covid death and well before our leaders started really talking crazy. To be fair, a person dies in Europe and there are less than 20 cases of a disease in the US...is that something skiers would raise an eyebrow at before buying next year’s season pass? Only mentioning it because I want to be clear that I didn’t buy passes because Trump said things were cool. If someone buys passes in Feb, I wouldn’t judge them for “not paying” attention. Plus, one of my passes is at 501c3 hill and the other is a mom and pop that I’ve skied at my whole life as a skier. I would have bought a pass or donated had I known that the chairs weren’t spinning.
    I guess it is a matter of perspective and how closely one follows the news. I was concerned on January last year that we were going to need to cancel our President Week road trip Mammoth. Our 2020 road trip. I’m be disease expert, but it was obvious by late January that it was fucked. This turned out to be more fucked than I thought, maybe in part because we all kept traveling in February.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Notice how those of us accustomed to some of the best mountains (Squaw, Jackson, etc) aren’t being snobby assholes because we aren’t posing like Benny?
    Will you just please stop? It's getting embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    incorrect
    I'd do one of those poconos vacations in a heartbeat. do they still have any places with the champagne glass hot tub?

probably have to boil and bleach it first, but I've always wanted to have a room with one, ever since watching 80's ski movies
    So romantic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I guess it is a matter of perspective and how closely one follows the news. I was concerned on January last year that we were going to need to cancel our President Week road trip Mammoth. Our 2020 road trip. I’m be disease expert, but it was obvious by late January that it was fucked. This turned out to be more fucked than I thought, maybe in part because we all kept traveling in February.
    We stopped traveling in January and skied locally. There’s a difference in not traveling during a disease outbreak and buying season passes for the season a year away.

How many of us actually thought back in Jan-Feb that the ‘20/21 season was fucked? The thread here regarding the topic was started in July. Buying passes when resorts were shutting down is a different story.

Benny-offer stands. If you ever find your way out here and can stomach a day at a small, local, not destination resort, I’d show you around.

Oh, sure. "Small, local" west of the Mississippi is entirely different from the friggin' Poconos.

I’m putting Poconos on my list of places to ski before I die.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    42.755 posts. unreal
    And each one is better than the next

I think everyone will agree that the best thing to come out of the covid ski season is that benny won't be skiing anywhere this season.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

But we'll be subjected to your incredibly boring trip reports of climbing up and skiing mud and rocks in Vermont. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But we'll be subjected to your incredibly boring trip reports of climbing up and skiing mud and rocks in Vermont. Yay.
    Gotta get some exercise to keep the heart happy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200324_143547.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	339509

Name:	20200324_143945.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	756.7 KB 
ID:	339510
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Knarly. Extreme.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.44.51 PM.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	339511
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Shitting yourself in the lift line = social distancing pro.
    One might think the percentage of people actually attracted to corona virus infected feces laden ski pants would be zero but that has of course proven to be untrue. Everyone has their kinks.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Name:  F5C95FBB-80C1-4497-894F-10714AD1AB6C.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  122.1 KB

my dad only took me to see one movie. Kelly's Heroes. He landed Normandy and walked the Battle of the Bulge to Germany. He died fairly young but I have a copy on dvd and watch it every couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Name:  F5C95FBB-80C1-4497-894F-10714AD1AB6C.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  122.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Time to bump my favorite East Coast mud and rock TR:

Name:  k86.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  125.1 KB

I believe Vt-free, who was nursing a bad back, hauled a sled for around 30 miles that trip.

I skied a lot at Jericho Hill in Marlborough, AM as a kid. Maybe 250 vert. It was awesome. Mom would drop me and some friends off with sandwiches in our pockets and we'd ski a hundred laps.

It sucks that most of the neighborhood hill like this are gone. Without my time there I wouldn't be doing this sort of thing now:

Name:	RB2 (1).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	339529

Name:	IMG_20190407_132119.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	417.2 KB 
ID:	339530

Name:	IMG_20190118_112645_1 (2).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	339531

Name:	JP4 (2).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	493.9 KB 
ID:	339532

Name:	IMG_20200219_102653-PANO (2).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	903.6 KB 
ID:	339533

I guess there's a difference between loving skiing and loving ski vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I guess there's a difference between loving skiing and loving ski vacations.
    sig line material

and this thread needed some stoke
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Cant wait to ski with your new pup ISBD.

Catskills stoke from a few years back:

Name:	IMG_2657.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	259.1 KB 
ID:	339543

Not sure I've done a daffy since. I'll make sure I fit one in this year.

Good stoke ISBD!
    I grew up at the small WNY & CNY hills (Bristol, KB, Holiday), all are excellent places to cut your teeth.
    I admire Benny's consistency. We all have our hills we die on, I guess his is shitting on others experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Good stoke ISBD!

I admire Benny's consistency. We all have our hills we die on, I guess his is shitting on how others enjoy themselves.
    I think Benny gets what he wants out of this place. And I'd love to ski with him someday.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I grew up at the small WNY & CNY hills (Bristol, KB, Holiday), all are excellent places to cut your teeth.
    I'm always amazed how often these places get mentioned. I grew up skiing in CO, then went to college in Rochester and skied a ton of Bristol, Swain, and KB, then moved back.

The skiing in WNY was a lot worse than CO, but a lot better than not skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I think Benny gets what he wants out of this place. And I'd love to ski with him someday.
    Really? He seems like a downright poisonous cunt.