Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Vail Resorts RESERVED SKIING! It's gonna be EPIC!

https://www.epicpass.com/info/letter...r-pass-holders

Pass holders will be required to make a reservation before arriving at the mountain.
    Throughout the season, pass holders will be able to make as many week-of reservations as their pass type and availability allow.
    The early season will be reserved for pass holders only. We will not sell lift tickets until Dec. 8.
    In addition to week-of reservations, we will also be providing pass holders with the opportunity to book up to seven Priority Reservation Days for the core season (Dec. 8-April 4), or as many days of access as they have on their pass if less than seven. The booking window for Priority Reservation Days will open Nov. 6 and will be exclusive to pass holders until Dec. 7.
    As pass holders use their Priority Reservation Days, they can book new ones, maintaining up to seven (or however many days of access are remaining on their pass) at any time. In addition, pass holders can always make as many week-of reservations as they choose (or however many days of access are remaining on their pass).
    Families will be able to book reservations together if they are in the same pass holder account.
    While still subject to change, at this time we do not believe pass holders will need a reservation to access our partner resorts (Telluride, Sun Valley, Snowbasin, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, Hakuba or Rusutsu).
    Lift tickets (including Buddy and SWAF tickets) will go on sale on Dec. 8, with sales limited based on the number of spaces available for any given day after our exclusive pass holder reservation period. This season, lift tickets will be sold with a reservation for a specific resort on a specific date.
    Given the need to manage lift tickets sales, they will only be sold on our websites and through our call centers. No lift tickets will be sold at the ticket window in resort – you may only pickup your pre-purchased lift ticket at our ticket windows.
    We will be encouraging guests to purchase in advance – though guests can purchase a same day lift ticket online or through our call centers, subject to availability, and then pick up the lift ticket at the ticket window.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Epic fuckshow more like it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

"Throughout the season, pass holders will be able to make as many week-of reservations as their pass type and availability allow"

notice how they do not define anywhere what 'availability' actually means. If you use your pass 1 day and every other day of the season is fully reserved you have no recourse. Weekend warriors will be especially fucked too.

EDIT - 2 singles per gondola hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    "Throughout the season, pass holders will be able to make as many week-of reservations as their pass type and availability allow"

notice how they do not define anywhere what 'availability' actually means. If you use your pass 1 day and every other day of the season is fully reserved you have no recourse. Weekend warriors will be especially fucked too.

EDIT - 2 singles per gondola hahahahaha
    The formula is this for any given day:

Covid Open or Planned Mountain Capacity minus Destination Skier Bookings + 5% or 10% etc. minus employee count on mountain minus Comps & VIPs minus Passholder Priority reservations = Leftovers for local or daytripper passholders

Destination Skier Bookings trump passholders it would seem.......
    Last edited by Upper; 08-27-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

I kind of have no idea what this means. I guess that every Sunday at 12.01AM, I will go on-line to book reservations for MTWTHandF.
    Then, what happens if I decide to ski Alta or DV on W, but I have a reservation at PCMR.
    Me thinks that a lot of reservations will be made with no shows.
    FKNA!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Any day that isn't a powder day won't be a big deal, I imagine. This is really just how they can mitigate the fresh snow and weekend shitshows.

Being able to book 7 days any time during the season as of November 6 also helps those who are planning ski trips. They've also extended the deadline a week. Having read through all the FAQs on the site, it's pretty reasonable, given the circumstances.

I hate COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I kind of have no idea what this means. I guess that every Sunday at 12.01AM, I will go on-line to book reservations for MTWTHandF.
    Then, what happens if I decide to ski Alta or DV on W, but I have a reservation at PCMR.
    FKNA!
    Watch out, they gonna getcha!

Q: What if I do not ski or ride on the day of my reservation?
    A: If you no longer plan to use your reservation, you may cancel the reservation by 12:00 am of your planned ski date. The earlier you cancel your reservation, the more likely that a fellow skier or rider will be able to use your spot to enjoy the mountain. You will be able to cancel your reservation by going online at epicpass.com or on our resort sites in your "My Account" profile.

We reserve the right to restrict the ability of the pass holder to make future reservations if the reservation system is being abused or manipulated in any way.

This is reasonable under the circumstances but will result in skiers like me rolling their passes over to next season and skiing BC all this year. If I was a skier who lived far from the mountains and was only planning on skiing 7 days this season it would be fine but I've busted my ass and structured my life to be able to ski on a much more ad-hoc basis and this format does not allow for that.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

This really sucks for people who like to ski 5-6 days/wk, but only 2-3 hrs./day. I know so many who ski until 11:00-11:30 and then do other things
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Are we allowed to roll over Epic passes till the following year?.......I have E Locals/College passes for fam.....I did not see an option for me to roll over till 21-22.

*Update...I actually read email....refund if we already bought....sweet...to have that option.
    Last edited by BC.; 08-27-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Fuck getting into a Gondola with a stranger. Who OK'd that?

Fucking eh..... It's like they are actively trying to destroy this way of life... no more compulsively checking NWAS snow stations to see if it is worth going up? How the heck can we snag the midweek pow day if we have to plan ahead?

I'm extraordinarily grateful a little extra driving will take me to Baker instead of Stevens..

This really sucks for people who like to ski 5-6 days/wk, but only 2-3 hrs./day. I know so many who ski until 11:00-11:30 and then do other things

This is def bad news for locals. Sucks, but like everything these days, no easy/obvious solutions
    I wonder if they're under capacity and you just show up, can you either 1) just ski or 2) then just make a reservation and ski? Or is it by some cut-off time? The press release implies that reservations are going to be done on a weekly basis - vs what ABasin did
    Vails such a gorilla, wonder if most big resorts are going to follow suit

Grab the skins and reserve your time at the top when they open.

ugg.. I re-read all this and it just sucks...

Lift line at Vail every day with 2 people per gondola:
    Name:  IMG_2885.JPG
Views: 6611
Size:  170.0 KB

This is going to be miserable. I bet they will hold a certain amount of tickets for walk-up purchases just to fuck season pass holders out of space. No way am I going to deal with this shit. I'm getting a refund and sticking with Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    This is going to be miserable. I bet they will hold a certain amount of tickets for walk-up purchases just to fuck season pass holders out of space. No way am I going to deal with this shit. I'm getting a refund and sticking with Ikon.
    Ikon will copy Aspen's approach and borrow from Vail's process, wait for it ........

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...l-this-winter/
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

FKNA!
    They have to/better figure that shit out.

Honestly if they’re going this route, they should allow for two reservations per person, per week. And give priority to people who lost out on previous week over the people who skied.

It would be nice if they also all open their uphill routes for the whole day or had developed some that are in the woods (to avoid downhill/uphill crashes) so those willing could skin up. I don’t think that would add that much crowding to the mountain, on the trails, which aren’t really the issue.

The other elephant in the room: hospital capacity with COVID looming. At what point do resorts close because of fears of overwhelming local mountain town hospitals that have 2 ICU beds. That was one of the major factors for the closing the spring....

Quote Originally Posted by Upper View Post
    Ikon will copy Aspen's approach and borrow from Vail's process, wait for it ........

You shut your whore mouth!

Employee and dependents will not have to make reservations. They can go whenever except on blackout days.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper View Post

“We are probably going to be looking at changing local skiing habits,”

Ha! This will go over like a lead balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Lift line at Vail every day with 2 people per gondola:
    Name:  IMG_2885.JPG
Views: 6611
Size:  170.0 KB
    I can't even imagine how long they'll be with half capacity lift/gondy.

Didn't someone start a thread last season of all the Epic Vail lift lines last year? Or was that on Reddit?

I’m a local dude but also do a couple family trips per year by car. Hard to justify 6 days of a hotel if you might only get 2-3 days on the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums