Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Like always, I learn more on forums than any corporate messaging. And if you shy away from social media, you miss a ton of stuff, both good and bad I guess.
    Since quitting social media I've learned that the important news finds its way to you. No need for the firehose of information. You might not be one of the first to know, but you'll still know.

Thanks; they put it on their story!?! How dumb. Midnight date releases is also dumb. I had been reasonably satisfied with how they've been doing the reservation thing, but middle-of-the-night is waaaay dumber than middle of the afternoon.

I mean on the bright side, I'm up at 5am or earlier every day so my odds are probably pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Since quitting social media
    um....

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Name:  Vail_Wait.JPG
Views: 1714
Size:  23.6 KB

But it’s changed every week. They had release of 5 day in advance week of, then the next week it was a release of 11 day week of, then it was a 9 day week of, now it’s a daily release for 7 days out.
    No wonders people can’t figure it out.

I keep reading about how they're going to penalize people for not showing up, but is that even possible to enforce at all when someone could just claim they didn't feel well or had safety concerns about feeling ill? I see too many loop holes here but wondering if they've actually flagged anyone yet.

So for the rolling 7 days....this is what it says for Whistler/Blackcomb....."a new day will be available for week-of reservations each night at 11 pm PST instead of a once-a-week release"

OK so I can book 7 days out.

So I want to book Friday Dec. 11....anyone know when exactly can I reserve....eg. is Thursday night (Dec 3) at 11 pm or Friday night (Dec 4) at 11 pm for the next Friday.

Will try tonight and see what happens (is available)..

Quote Originally Posted by KriscoDisco View Post
    I keep reading about how they're going to penalize people for not showing up, but is that even possible to enforce at all when someone could just claim they didn't feel well or had safety concerns about feeling ill? I see too many loop holes here but wondering if they've actually flagged anyone yet.
    I missed one day, and on another I skied with my kid on the bunny hill and didn't get scanned. Small sample size, but I haven't heard a peep about it. I expect they may flag someone who books every day every week and skis one day a week or something.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    So for the rolling 7 days....this is what it says for Whistler/Blackcomb....."a new day will be available for week-of reservations each night at 11 pm PST instead of a once-a-week release"

OK so I can book 7 days out.
    So I want to book Friday Dec. 11....anyone know when exactly can I reserve....eg. is Thursday night (Dec 3) at 11 pm or Friday night (Dec 4) at 11 pm for the next Friday.
    Will try tonight and see what happens (is available)..
    Vail Resorts wording says "can now book week-of reservations daily for the following 7 days"
    "A new day will be available for week-of reservations each night at midnight MST"
    I read this as: tonight at midnight it becomes "Friday" and the following 7 days are available. Saturday is the first that follows Friday and Friday is the 7th day that follows Friday.
    So i believe that it's once the clock turns Friday you can book the following Friday.
    I cant test it because I still have core days available, so I could book next Friday, Saturday and Sunday right now if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Vail Resorts wording says "can now book week-of reservations daily for the following 7 days"
    "A new day will be available for week-of reservations each night at midnight MST". I read this as: tonight at midnight it becomes "Friday" and the following 7 days are available. Saturday is the first that follows Friday and Friday is the 7th day that follows Friday. So i believe that it's once the clock turns Friday you can book the following Friday. I can't test it because I still have core days available, so I could book next Friday, Saturday and Sunday right now if I wanted to.
    Ya I think you're right.

I have my 7 core season days already locked in (they are all later in Dec and Jan).

Looks like I can book next Thurs (Dec 10), as a "week-of"" res.....as it shows available to me right now. But Fri (Dec 11) is not available (as it is > 7 days away and my 7 other days are already booked).

So I'm thinking as of midnight MST tonight (11 PST in Vancouver), I should see next Fri (Dec 11) become available. Will stay up to test and let you know.

So as of 11:10pm PST (= just past midnight MST) on Dec 3 (Thurs...almost Fri Dec 4) I can book for the following Friday (Dec 11), under a "week-of" reservations.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    um....

You know what I mean.

FYI if you leave the hill for the day, you can cancel your reservation and it'll open up a spot for another skier to use. Conversely, if you are trying to get on the hill and it is booked up, you can watch the screen, hitting refresh every few seconds and you might be able to get a spot if someone else cancels. I'm not sure why they aren't publicizing it more, maybe because the ticket office is trying to sell those spots or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    FYI if you leave the hill for the day, you can cancel your reservation and it'll open up a spot for another skier to use. Conversely, if you are trying to get on the hill and it is booked up, you can watch the screen, hitting refresh every few seconds and you might be able to get a spot if someone else cancels. I'm not sure why they aren't publicizing it more, maybe because the ticket office is trying to sell those spots or something.
    Someone else told me this but I keep forgetting. They ought to put some signs up around the base areas/parking lots as a reminder.

Same day cancellations will not be a practice that will continued into the "core season", after Dec 8th. After that, you'll just get a no-show, and no additional spots will open up.

--Direct from a Vail "higher-up" when I asked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Same day cancellations will not be a practice that will continued into the "core season", after Dec 8th. After that, you'll just get a no-show, and no additional spots will open up.

Oh well. Guess it still works for now.

How does it work if I decide say tonight that I want to go skiing tomorrow? Or I decide I want to go skiing that day?

Last day to buy a pass tomorrow, can't drag my feet any longer...
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    How does it work if I decide say tonight that I want to go skiing tomorrow? Or I decide I want to go skiing that day?

Last day to buy a pass tomorrow, can't drag my feet any longer...
    You can always make a reso for tomorrow, or even morning of on the same day, as long as there is space.

Here's how you game the system:

This is from their website.....
    "As you use your Priority Reservation Days, you can book new ones, holding up to seven at any time, or as many as your pass type allows."

If you're a weekend warrior, book out your seven days in advance for each weekend day you plan to ski as close together on the calendar as possible. Each weekend you ski, two priority days become available. Then, use those two days to tack them on to the calendar for the next open weekend.

Example:

p1/p2 12/19-12/20
    p2/p3 12/26-12/27
    p4/p5/p6 1/1-1/2-1/3
    p7 1/9

On 12/20, move your p1 day now to 1/10 since you've skied 12/19, and do this every time you use one.

You'll always be able to book out well beyond the 7 days this way.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

What are the ramifications of a "no show"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Here's how you game the system:

This is from their website.....
    "As you use your Priority Reservation Days, you can book new ones, holding up to seven at any time, or as many as your pass type allows."

If you're a weekend warrior, book out your seven days in advance for each weekend day you plan to ski as close together on the calendar as possible. Each weekend you ski, two priority days become available. Then, use those two days to tack them on to the calendar for the next open weekend.

Example:

p1/p2 12/19-12/20
    p2/p3 12/26-12/27
    p4/p5/p6 1/1-1/2-1/3
    p7 1/9

On 12/20, move your p1 day now to 1/10 since you've skied 12/19, and do this every time you use one.

You'll always be able to book out well beyond the 7 days this way.
    This is exactly what I figured out as well. Just bank your priority days and keep reusing them.

Well... shit.... one week in and it already happened. The whole weekend is tapped out. (under I think pass holders only, not even open for day passes......)

F(_)Ck.

Where?