Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is Vail mailing these passes out? Has anyone received one yet?
    They haven't even charged my damn card yet.

I have my Epic Locals...they sent them this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I have my Epic Locals...they sent them this summer.
    I didn't even buy until early September as I moved and that changed my pass situation.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I didn't even buy until early September as I moved and that changed my pass situation.
    I should have never bought so early....I’m a dumbass..it was a COVID depression purchase last spring....I bought with the hope of better days/...well that’s not working out so well.

I’m screwed...and I missed the cancellation period....so just have to suck it up and get out of them what I can....

Ironically, my passes showed up today.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I am getting emails from them about my credits and having to “accept” credit terms and agreements....I’m getting pissed at all this “small print” bullshit they are piling on here at the last minute. I opened up the link, and there was nothing to click to “accept” anything....so I am becoming very skeptical of the whole thing.

I have a feeling I’m/ we are going to get screwed here.....and they are not going to follow through with these credits they offered....and I’m gonna get charged full blast in November.

Anybody else feel they are making it so confusing, that we are all gonna get screwed in the end?....or am I just paranoid?

At this point, this small print shit has me wishing I totally should of just cancelled back in September.....

/rant
    I got the same email and also couldn’t find any way to accept the terms. I called them and they said I already accepted them. I can’t remember but whatever, I want the pass. I’m hoping for a an ‘epic’ year of no crowds. Could happen.

They said the remaining pass balance will be charged the first week of November.

With daily case numbers hitting record highs in CO today, and an overall huge spike, I’m getting less optimistic. UT looking bad too.

People need to accept the risk.
    Your chance of dying is very very slim.
    Man up. Get back to life.
    If you are 70 or 80, do you want the canadian/american people to put life on hold for another year just to reduce your 1/1000 chance of dying (of covid)?
    Seen lots of groups of seniors today - lawn bowling, hanging in groups here and there, no social distancing ... and they could give ZERO fucks for this all.

Yes

Pinning it using TGR Forums mobile app
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

If only we all lived in a vacuum and covid was the only thing to worry about/sending people to hospitals. Alas. It's not. I don't know though. I'm no expert and you two seem like super duper smart. So please tell me, is having our hospitals at capacity a good or a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    People need to accept the risk.
    Your chance of dying is very very slim.
    Man up. Get back to life.
    There are maggots on this forum who are still having serious lung issues many months after getting covid and "recovering."

Saying "man up" is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There are maggots on this forum who are still having serious lung issues many months after getting covid and "recovering."

you gotta admit tho, more and more people are starting to think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    If only we all lived in a vacuum and covid was the only thing to worry about/sending people to hospitals. Alas. It's not. I don't know though. I'm no expert and you two seem like super duper smart. So please tell me, is having our hospitals at capacity a good or a bad thing?
    Here in BC the health ministry freed up 4,000 hospital beds for the coming pandemic. How many did they actually use? About 200. Their pandemic "model" was out by a factor of 20. What they did right was tell people "if you have COVID symptoms DO NOT go to the hospital; call 811 (health number)". Most people with symptoms should self isolate at home and stay in touch with their doctor. Hospitals are not set up for contagions -- open doors, shared rooms, wide halls and the need to wheel patients all over the place for tests.

In the US private hospitals are like hotels -- they need to fill those beds. With the federal government paying the bills for anyone that had the COVID box checked on their charts it was easy money and most of those hospital guests should have been quarantined at home.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

It’s really sad that people want to armchair for others to justify not wearing a mask. How hard is it really? I smoked for years and don’t want to find out out. I want to be skiing 50 years from now and look back on this thread and say we made it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Here in BC the health ministry freed up 4,000 hospital beds for the coming pandemic. How many did they actually use? About 200. Their pandemic "model" was out by a factor of 20. What they did right was tell people "if you have COVID symptoms DO NOT go to the hospital; call 811 (health number)". Most people with symptoms should self isolate at home and stay in touch with their doctor. Hospitals are not set up for contagions -- open doors, shared rooms, wide halls and the need to wheel patients all over the place for tests.

In the US private hospitals are like hotels -- they need to fill those beds. With the federal government paying the bills for anyone that had the COVID box checked on their charts it was easy money and most of those hospital guests should have been quarantined at home.
    I’m not sure why their model being off is a big deal? There were and are a lot of unknowns. So people made and will continue to make mistakes when it comes to this disease.

On the hospital front - we aren’t going to change our shit health situation. So the point remains that “manning up” is dumb as hell. My closest ICU is currently 60% full. Should we keep “manning up” when it hits 100%?

Maybe it is a good thing because it will *finally* make administrators rethink the idea of putting contagion in the same places as surgical recoveries and accident victims.
    No matter how many times they reassure the public that "hospitals are safe", they are popping up in the news as having outbreaks in .... hospitals.
    And always on the floors and wards that are *safe* from Covid.

And *many many* seniors were infected in end-of-life homes from hospital workers that work in more than one place.
    So maybe, just maybe, this idiocy will end and nurses that treat contagious patients won't also work with the vulnerable,
    and sense will prevail by making separate facilities for those with communicable diseases.

I know some seniors that got it. One close friends, husband and wife in late 70's (one of the first few in BC to get it),
    and some other friends too *younger*.
    Do you want to hear it from me, or from them?

My closest ICU is currently 60% full. Should we keep “manning up” when it hits 100%?
    Yes. If you are going to die, do it at home or awake with some courage in your soul.
    Do it like The Last Samurai - make it a beautiful last breath.
    Most people would rather not die in an induced comma without the presence of loved ones.
    People can't even visit dying relatives, or attend funerals across the border.
    It is insane.
    Fear and "science" has won over humanity and common sense.

And no, I *did not* say to not wear a mask.

I think in Canada your chance of dying from COVID is currently 1 in 4,000
    .. of that most are vulnerable from age and pre-existing conditions,
    and likely to have end-of-life issues soon anyways.

These people can be protected without the current levels of idiocy
    since most are already isolated from the general population.
    And even they are not worried about it, that's the thing,
    Seniors give ZERO fucks for Covid. They really don't.
    If you can't convince seniors to be paranoid, then you are marketing to the wrong target market.

If enough Canadians man up, does that mean I can come ski at Whistler this winter?

Dude. That’s all just bullshit, made up anecdotes, and opinion piled on top of more bullshit.

that’s his forte...

I thought I fucked up and didn't get in on the pass sale. But then I got an email and found out I get my card charged for a pass November 2-4 for a total of $350. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that’s his forte...
    Oh god. I didn’t realize who I was responding to until now. What a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Yes. If you are going to die, do it at home or awake with some courage in your soul.
    Do it like The Last Samurai - make it a beautiful last breath.
    Most people would rather not die in an induced comma without the presence of loved ones.
    People can't even visit dying relatives, or attend funerals across the border.
    It is insane.
    Fear and "science" has won over humanity and common sense.

And no, I *did not* say to not wear a mask.

I think in Canada your chance of dying from COVID is currently 1 in 4,000
    .. of that most are vulnerable from age and pre-existing conditions,
    and likely to have end-of-life issues soon anyways.

These people can be protected without the current levels of idiocy
    since most are already isolated from the general population.
    And even they are not worried about it, that's the thing,
    Seniors give ZERO fucks for Covid. They really don't.
    If you can't convince seniors to be paranoid, then you are marketing to the wrong target market.
    Yeah man, TRUMP 2020!
    Life is a hoax...
    Methinks you have not been around trauma and death much
    to have so much "courage in your soul".
    Whatever you are on, please don't share.
    Sorry kto, had some time to waste.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Yeah man, TRUMP 2020!
    Life is a hoax...
    Methinks you have not been around trauma and death much
    to have so much "courage in your soul".
    Whatever you are on, please don't share.
    Sorry kto, had some time to waste.
    Go TRUMP go! Team Trump 2020!! Rah rah!

Seeing the word Science put in quotes might just be the best possible summation of what's wrong with this whole situation.