Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I just logged in at 2:40 and there were 28,000 ppl in front of me, and approx 20 min wait.
    If you logon 1 hour early you get put into a random queue. If you logon after 2, you get put in the back of the current line.

Anyway, got the dates I wanted, but I feel you really have to be on it at the start.

I had 18,000 in front of me. Got my days I wanted for CB just fine in about 40 min. Its not ideal but it is what it is. Pretty mobile friendly too, I did it all from my phone. Luckily my work situation lets this work out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If you logon 1 hour early you get put into a random queue. If you logon after 2, you get put in the back of the current line.

Anyway, got the dates I wanted, but I feel you really have to be on it at the start.
    I'm not really interested in going up until after the opening weekend. I just logged on for shits and giggles to see what the wait time is, and what dates will be available.
    Everything was still available at all resorts once I was accepted at 3:01.
    Sat 20th at Breck was the only day full out of all the resorts. But who wants to go to Breck anyways.

Town of Vail's website is down. Coincidence?

Cross post from Wasatch thread:
    NBD, but I just kinda got screwed from the vail res. system. This morning, I made a reservation for my wife and me at PC on the 20th. Later, my wife told me that she was out, so I tried to cancel her res. We are on the same account (mine), so when I cancelled hers, MINE WAS AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED. When I tried to re-reserve the day for me, I was advised that the day is sold out.
    Like I said, NBD, as I don't really want to ski the COVID ribbon on a busy day.
    Just a heads-up when reserving for more than yourself on the same account.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    We are on the same account (mine), so when I cancelled hers, MINE WAS AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED. When I tried to re-reserve the day for me, I was advised that the day is sold out.
    Like I said, NBD, as I don't really want to ski the COVID ribbon on a busy day.
    Just a heads-up when reserving for more than yourself on the same account.
    You don’t have to pair the reservations, you can make individual reservations for each of you.
    You on 20th, then make one for her on the 20th, that way if one wants to cancel you have an independent reso to cancel.

What's the algorithm for kicking you off the system if you cancel\no show too much, anyone figure that out, or have access to the source code? It has vague language like "if you cancel too much or don't show up often you'll potentially be banned from the system for a short duration of time"

I doubt there's an algorithm. There will be a weekly report of cancellations including chronic cancelers, cancelling lead times and other stats. I'll be discussed at a weekly meeting and decisions will be made. Maybe later in the season warning emails will be sent out automatically. The number of reservation abusers is probably very small.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    What's the algorithm for kicking you off the system if you cancel\no show too much, anyone figure that out, or have access to the source code? It has vague language like "if you cancel too much or don't show up often you'll potentially be banned from the system for a short duration of time"
    Test it and get back to us. Don't be one of those who reserves and cancels back and forth constantly, it's gonna be enuf of a cluster-phuck

Right? You know that for many of the next 7 dy bookings many people took all 7. but won't ski 4 or 5 of them
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 6.12.28 PM.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	348816
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    Anyone skiing Park city this weekend? Any idea what the terrain is going to look like?
    You've got your choice of the white ribbon of death from PayDay or the white ribbon of death from Saddleback.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Curious too. My family booked 5 days at WB just to give us flexibility. If a warm front comes through and it's raining to the peak, we'll probably stay home with the kiddos. All told, we'll probably end up skiing 2-4 of the 5 days reserved.

Family member working there. They report back that every day people are showing up without reservations and then getting angry at them that they flew in from “insert state or country” and can’t ski. Seems far fetched to me that you could buy a pass and not recognize reservations were the reality.

I've had zero correspondence from Vail Resorts about my W-B pass. No reminders about reservations or opening day on Thursday or where the f--- is my pass or "book now -- it'll be the best opening day ever!"

It's all very low key so far but they did charge my credit card right away...
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I've had zero correspondence from Vail Resorts about my W-B pass. No reminders about reservations or opening day on Thursday or where the f--- is my pass or "book now -- it'll be the best opening day ever!"

Yeah but like, if you've missed the news that we're in pandemic mode and shit may not even be open, or advance notice of your arrival is probably required, then you'd already likely be too stupid to manage any sort of reservation system anyway.

Red Zone?

There's no way Eagle County doesn't go into the Red Zone within the next few weeks - what are Vail resorts stance on when that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoski22 View Post
    There's no way Eagle County doesn't go into the Red Zone within the next few weeks - what are Vail resorts stance on when that happens?
    You could ask them..

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoski22 View Post
    Vail rides goofy iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post

you sure they have your email and you agreed to let them send you emails? I am getting constant updates. Mostly it’s marketing but also notices about when core season booking started, regular booking etc.

Thanks for the tip. I may have unsubscribed several years ago because I had a volly pass. No volly positions this year so I had to buy a pass.

I'm not unsubscribed and have received zero info about my pass.....just found this, wonder if my picture isn't current enough? https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/Ti...ons/Fulfilment

take it back, logged in and looked at my account and my photo status is approved and I've signed my release....I confirmed before credit expired so way beyond 2 weeks at this point, what a terrible company

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Family member working there. They report back that every day people are showing up without reservations and then getting angry at them that they flew in from “insert state or country” and can’t ski. Seems far fetched to me that you could buy a pass and not recognize reservations were the reality.
    Good. Fuck them.

How are reservations going for you all generally? Easy to get when you want to ski?

So happy to not be skiing Bail this season. Maybe they will sell Kirkwood and I could ski Vail never again.

Tomorrow is another (week of) reserve day, I think.
    So far, so good. I think that morning of is a good time to log on and try to make a reservation. I have done this twice.
    The thing that bothers me about the system is that if one person has family members on the account and reserves a given day for more than the account holder, and later one of the party can't join in, then that party cannot be cancelled out of the reservation. The entire reservation, for all parties, must be cancelled. Tomorrow, I have a reservation, but my daughter has to work. either, I must cancel the entire reservation and try to make a f/u that doesn't include her, or just go and have her as a no show.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Good. Fuck them.

How are reservations going for you all generally? Easy to get when you want to ski?
    Yes, I booked all 7 advance reservation days I wanted with no issues (MLK day here in CA, 6 days in Vail/BC in February).

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk