Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Tomorrow is another (week of) reserve day, I think.
    So far, so good. I think that morning of is a good time to log on and try to make a reservation. I have done this twice.
    The thing that bothers me about the system is that if one person has family members on the account and reserves a given day for more than the account holder, and later one of the party can't join in, then that party cannot be cancelled out of the reservation. The entire reservation, for all parties, must be cancelled. Tomorrow, I have a reservation, but my daughter has to work. either, I must cancel the entire reservation and try to make a f/u that doesn't include her, or just go and have her as a no show.
    I believe you can create individual accounts and cancel just one. I'm almost positive. Give reddit a search. I think that's where I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Tomorrow is another (week of) reserve day, I think.
    So far, so good. I think that morning of is a good time to log on and try to make a reservation. I have done this twice.
    The thing that bothers me about the system is that if one person has family members on the account and reserves a given day for more than the account holder, and later one of the party can't join in, then that party cannot be cancelled out of the reservation. The entire reservation, for all parties, must be cancelled. Tomorrow, I have a reservation, but my daughter has to work. either, I must cancel the entire reservation and try to make a f/u that doesn't include her, or just go and have her as a no show.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I believe you can create individual accounts and cancel just one. I'm almost positive. Give reddit a search. I think that's where I read that.
    I make individual resos for both my self and Mrs Hubbs. For example I will select Saturday, check my name, confirm the reso, then go back and select Saturday again, check Mrs Hubbs name, confirm the reso. That way we have individual resos if one of us wants to bail out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I make individual resos for both my self and Mrs Hubbs. For example I will select Saturday, check my name, confirm the reso, then go back and select Saturday again, check Mrs Hubbs name, confirm the reso. That way we have individual resos if one of us wants to bail out.
    Yeah, I will do it this way moving forward as well. The wife certainly bails on me from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I'm not unsubscribed and have received zero info about my pass.....just found this, wonder if my picture isn't current enough? https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/Ti...ons/Fulfilment

take it back, logged in and looked at my account and my photo status is approved and I've signed my release....I confirmed before credit expired so way beyond 2 weeks at this point, what a terrible company
    aaaaand of course, it showed up in the mail today...at least before the seasons started? definitely last minute though

What time do the weekly reservations go live?

2:00pm MT
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

...though keep in mind that this weekend's dates were released already last wednesday, in what seemed to be a one-time Thanksgiving special.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    ...though keep in mind that this weekend's dates were released already last wednesday, in what seemed to be a one-time Thanksgiving special.
    Not a one time thing.
    Every Wednesday it opens for reservations the next 11 days. Today (Wednesday) you can choose days Thursday through Wednesday PLUS the following Thursday through Sunday.
    Every Wednesday you can book 11 days in advance, so two Weekends.

Vail Resorts RESERVED SKIING! It's gonna be EPIC!

Are they penalizing for no shows?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are they penalizing for no shows?
    They have said so, but what the algorithm looks like has not been made public OR they don't really plan on dealing with it at all and hope the threat of locking you out is enough.

Im concerned about the group reservation thing. We might go up in the morning but my wife may bail, and I dont see any way to even see the reservation on my account, let alone alter it.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post

Im concerned about the group reservation thing. We might go up in the morning but my wife may bail, and I dont see any way to even see the reservation on my account, let alone alter it.
    You don’t have to group the reservation. You can make individual reservations for everyone in your group. A few extra clicks but easy and worth it if you’re going to have someone in the group cancel.
    To see your resos go to > My Epic Pass > Season Passes > Reservations.
    From there you can see your reservations and cancel from there if you need to.

You don’t have to group the reservation. You can make individual reservations for everyone in your group. A few extra clicks but easy and worth it if you’re going to have someone in the group cancel.
    To see your resos go to > My Epic Pass > Season Passes > Reservations.
    From there you can see your reservations and cancel from there if you need to.
    Thanks--good info.

Now that I know how to get to the reservations, it looks like I can just access my wife's pass and cancel just hers. Each reservation seems to be stored under each individual passholder. At least thats how it looks...

Vail Resorts RESERVED SKIING! It's gonna be EPIC!

I’m just clicking on ever option, trying to figure out all the ins and outs.
    Figured out last night you can’t make a reso for 2 different resorts on the same day.
    Even though I could potentially ski Vail in the morning and Beaver Creek on the afternoon. Reso system won’t let that happen.
    I need to ski Vail, cancel my Vail day once off the hill and then book a Beaver Creek same day.

Not a one time thing.
    Every Wednesday it opens for reservations the next 11 days. Today (Wednesday) you can choose days Thursday through Wednesday PLUS the following Thursday through Sunday.
    I don't think that's accurate. From the current waiting room (today on 11/25):
    You are almost there! Excitement is high, and we anticipate our reservation system will be busiest during release days for resort opening weeks. We will be releasing access for Nov. 25 – Dec. 4 at 2 PM MT for resorts currently open (Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Breckenridge, Heavenly, Northstar, Park City, Crested Butte, Stowe, Okemo, Hunter, Mt Snow & Afton Alps) and resorts opening in the upcoming week (Whistler Blackcomb).

11/25-12/4 includes one weekend, by my math.

This process reminds me of a combination of checking in Southwest for a good boarding pass, and entering in a contest for 'a chance to win'. Me? I seem to always have 25k people in front of me. Not going to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_#3 View Post
    This process reminds me of a combination of checking in Southwest for a good boarding pass, and entering in a contest for 'a chance to win'. Me? I seem to always have 25k people in front of me. Not going to Vegas.
    That SW check in process is/was the reason I stopped flying SW. I pay more to fly United/Delta.....I don’t care. I hated that SW check in/boarding....esp. when with my kids/family.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    That SW check in process is/was the reason I stopped flying SW. I pay more to fly United/Delta.....I don’t care. I hated that SW check in/boarding....esp. when with my kids/family.
    yup, same here. we just fly mostly Delta, especially the cost is about the same for awhile now.

Not a one time thing.
    Well I just made some reservations, and could only book through next Friday, which would make it 9 days, but maybe thats just this week, maybe that's just Stowe...who knows. Skiing was fun today, though...so that's good!

I was skiing today and left Mrs Hubbs in charge of booking at 2pm.
    So I was wrong about the "11 days". Vail Resorts has changed the reservation perimeters again, and as of today you could only book 9 days out for Week of Reservations. WTF just keep it consistent.
    Mrs Hubbs called me and told me "I cant book Sat 5th and Sunday 6th, they are not released yet BUT Monday 7th is available......"
    I couldn't understand what she meant, then I realized that Monday 7th is when "core days" begins.
    Oh well, I have 3 days skiing, way to buys for the little terrain thats open, so i'll wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday passes, and hopefully when more terrain opens.

I booked next week dates at around 3:45. All weekdays were open
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I was skiing today and left Mrs Hubbs in charge of booking at 2pm.
    So I was wrong about the "11 days". Vail Resorts has changed the reservation perimeters again, and as of today you could only book 9 days out for Week of Reservations. WTF just keep it consistent.
    Mrs Hubbs called me and told me "I cant book Sat 5th and Sunday 6th, they are not released yet BUT Monday 7th is available......"
    I couldn't understand what she meant, then I realized that Monday 7th is when "core days" begins.
    Oh well, I have 3 days skiing, way to buys for the little terrain thats open, so i'll wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday passes, and hopefully when more terrain opens.
    Did she mean you can reserve after Monday, so Tuesday? Because Monday is not core season and when I was online this afternoon Sat to Mon were not reservable but Tue onward was.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Did she mean you can reserve after Monday, so Tuesday? Because Monday is not core season and when I was online this afternoon Sat to Mon were not reservable but Tue onward was.
    Ya, after Monday.

Can someone book all seven days of one week, thus screwing others trying to just get one day in?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Can someone book all seven days of one week, thus screwing others trying to just get one day in?
    Absolutely, and we locals will be doing just that to ensure that non locals are totally locked out.......

Weekends are for tourists