Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JaBr View Post
    What kind of BS joke is that?! They can't manage a site to let everyone simply buy PASSES at their own will? You have to wait in a line online to buy a season pass?! LOL!
    It was more like you're in a Queue just to get access to the EpicPass website.
    Once there, you have 10 minutes to do what you want. Not just purchase pass (although it does look like that when you get put in line).

It was a bit confusing. I kinda figured it'd take me to default last year, but no. Had to choose pass type, and move forward following prompts.
    Had to sign on a coupla times, (but I was changing my email as well), and it did not kick me to back of line. Phew.
    It worked out. Enter discount code on last page. Had to pay full amount, no option to put down $50 and pay off.

Apparently they're sending email with more deets on res system 11/06.
    (Me and Cinders have TahoeValue pass).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200309_190020.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	340480

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

My family's been doing Epic pass for a few seasons now, but we're giving it extra consideration this year. I'm considering sitting the season out, but we've got one trip to Breckenridge in February 2021 booked on credit from a cancelled 2020 trip.

If I passed on the Epic Pass this year and only ski those five days we plan to go away in February, might it make sense to use the Buddy Passes the rest of my family gets with their Epic Passes as opposed to getting my own with the discount code from last season's pass? It looks like I wouldn't be able to make reservations until December 8, but I can't find pricing or any other flaws with that plan. Are there any other details or variables I should be considering?

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    This is what I'm guessing happens......until it gets out of hand
    at least around here this summer, the employers were not required to tell other employees or guests if there was a positive case in house.
    Of course they were sending those people home and trying to mitigate, but no requirements about notifications, which kinda blew my mind
    X2. If you read some of the stuff going on at Disney with positive tests; well, you wouldn't be going to a Disney theme park...unless you were looking to get the COVID. Buyer beware.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    VR has the capabilities to track your movement all over the mountain and have it linked to an account and you don't think that they can cross check reservations (an account) for no shows? Do you still use a sliderule for large computations?
    You posted that after a bunch of people posted about the problems they're having on line just buying a pass. : - )

VR has the capabilities to track your movement all over the mountain and have it linked to an account and you don't think that they can cross check reservations (an account) for no shows? Do you still use a sliderule for large computations?
    They'll do nothing until the get bad press.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm glad I bought my WB pass on Sunday. Your "credits" can only be applied to a similar or more expensive pass. There is a form somewhere to recalculate the credits based on what you want. If submitted by Sept 17 then you're good. Or so I hear. At the very least send an email and that puts you in the queue. VR is way behind and knows it.

You can always try central reservations at 1-888-611-6911 which is probably for Whistler but it worked for a friend.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

2019.20 Pass holder credits are redeemable online for pass products of equal or greater value than their 2019.20 pass. To purchase a pass of lesser value, please submit a request form here, by Sept 17th. If you submit your request by Sept. 17, your credit and pass price will be locked in.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    2019.20 Pass holder credits are redeemable online for pass products of equal or greater value than their 2019.20 pass. To purchase a pass of lesser value, please submit a request form here, by Sept 17th. If you submit your request by Sept. 17, your credit and pass price will be locked in.
    ^^^^Saw that after I read more carefully.....I filled it out...so we’ll see if that 70.00 credit my daughter has can be put towards a 1 day Epic pass for her....hope it works so she can get a cheap day at Stowe this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffA View Post
    My family's been doing Epic pass for a few seasons now, but we're giving it extra consideration this year. I'm considering sitting the season out, but we've got one trip to Breckenridge in February 2021 booked on credit from a cancelled 2020 trip.

If I passed on the Epic Pass this year and only ski those five days we plan to go away in February, might it make sense to use the Buddy Passes the rest of my family gets with their Epic Passes as opposed to getting my own with the discount code from last season's pass? It looks like I wouldn't be able to make reservations until December 8, but I can't find pricing or any other flaws with that plan. Are there any other details or variables I should be considering?
    Depends on what your access to skiing other than your trip, and how committed you are to sitting out the rest. 5 buddy passes get you in the ballpark, but would cost less, but then you’re done. A few weeks after your trip, you may have some antibodies in your system where more skiing not such a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You posted that after a bunch of people posted about the problems they're having on line just buying a pass. : - )
    True, but the same system that let's pass scanners know you have a reservation and 'clearance' to ride the lift, is the same system that could flag habitual no-shows. I'm not saying VR will actively pursue or punish no-shows, but they certainly have the capacity to do so.

Given the current shitshow, it does make one wonder how this reservation system will pan out.

All of this just makes me feel better and better about my ABasin pass.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffA View Post

Depends on what your access to skiing other than your trip, and how committed you are to sitting out the rest. 5 buddy passes get you in the ballpark, but would cost less, but then you’re done.

Very good point. We're based in NJ. So our closest mountains are Hunter, Jack Frost, and Big Boulder. We've never made an effort to go to any of the above. Vermont has that 14-day quarantine policy (granted, who knows whether that'll be through the winter), so that might eliminate some of the better options a few hours further away.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    A few weeks after your trip, you may have some antibodies in your system where more skiing not such a threat.
    Ha, certainly hope not! I don't want anything to do with this COVID mess. Two people I know still haven't gotten their smell/taste back after having it months ago. I don't want to live in a world where I can't enjoy some craft beer!

True, but the same system that let's pass scanners know you have a reservation and 'clearance' to ride the lift, is the same system that could flag habitual no-shows. I'm not saying VR will actively pursue or punish no-shows, but they certainly have the capacity to do so.

Given the current shitshow, it does make one wonder how this reservation system will pan out.

Might be a good idea to just stick to the dry-land training until Jan 2. Let them work out the kinks, and avoid Vail giving us high blood pressure.

I completely forgot about the VT 14-day quarantine thing. That basically eliminates the EPIC pass in New England unless you live in VT, right?

QFT, but I got an Epic through work because they offered. Maybe things will get better by the second half of the season. Or not. I wonder if ABasin reached their capped number of season passes yet. Gonna be weird having RFID scanners instead of lifts with scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    QFT, but I got an Epic through work because they offered. Maybe things will get better by the second half of the season. Or not. I wonder if ABasin reached their capped number of season passes yet. Gonna be weird having RFID scanners instead of lifts with scanners.
    Yeah, I have both as well. I did request a refund on my kiddo's Epic Local yesterday......gonna focus on ABasin and some days at Copper for family ski days. I need Epic so that I can easily (hopefully) ski from work.
    Old's Cool.

Yeah, I have both as well. I did request a refund on my kiddo's Epic Local yesterday......gonna focus on ABasin and some days at Copper for family ski days. I need Epic so that I can easily (hopefully) ski from work.
    Did you do the kid request by email or phone? I emailed them a while back and still haven't heard anything.

I completely forgot about the VT 14-day quarantine thing. That basically eliminates the EPIC pass in New England unless you live in VT, right?
    How are they enforcing that? Based on the past 6 months, I highly doubt people will take reasonability on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How are they enforcing that? Based on the past 6 months, I highly doubt people will take reasonability on their own.
    I am not sure to be honest.
    IMO, the mountains and resorts have not done a good job at all about detailing their changes and policies.
    And I agree completely, there are so many (too many) people who take no responsibility for their own actions and will not do anything for the good of their fellow human. Just look at the people refusing to wear masks. This is one of the reasons why I have zero faith that any of the choke-points at mountains will actually be managed correctly - especially social distancing in lift lines. Lift ops can't manage to properly manage lift lines without social distancing, now we're supposed to believe people are going to follow the rules, do what's best for others and listen to the minimal lift ops attempt to keep things under control? I'm not buying it.
    Let's say it does go smoothly and people do social distance as they should. Great!
    However, that also means you're going to be looking at EPIC lift lines. Here in New England, if you add in social distancing and 2/4 or 3/6 going up on chairs at a time, you're going to have lift lines extending into parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    Did you do the kid request by email or phone? I emailed them a while back and still haven't heard anything.
    online request form. they said it could take 6-8 weeks. great.
    Old's Cool.

IMO, the mountains and resorts have not done a good job at all about detailing their changes and policies.
    And I agree completely, there are so many (too many) people who take no responsibility for their own actions and will not do anything for the good of their fellow human. Just look at the people refusing to wear masks. This is one of the reasons why I have zero faith that any of the choke-points at mountains will actually be managed correctly - especially social distancing in lift lines. Lift ops can't manage to properly manage lift lines without social distancing, now we're supposed to believe people are going to follow the rules, do what's best for others and listen to the minimal lift ops attempt to keep things under control? I'm not buying it.
    Let's say it does go smoothly and people do social distance as they should. Great!
    However, that also means you're going to be looking at EPIC lift lines. Here in New England, if you add in social distancing and 2/4 or 3/6 going up on chairs at a time, you're going to have lift lines extending into parking lots.
    Don't worry, if people don't behave the lift op will turn off the lift...... and promptly be torn apart by a mob.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Vail trying to sugarcoat its reservation system:

PASS HOLDER PRIORITY ACCESS
    For your safety, we will be managing how many people are on our mountains this season and implementing a pass holder reservation system. Reservations will be required to access our mountains. For the vast majority of days, we anticipate our mountains will be able to accommodate everyone who wants to ski or ride. The reservation system is designed to give you peace of mind knowing that you will have the space you need to feel safe and physically distance, no matter what day you visit. As a pass holder, you will receive priority access with the reservation system when it goes live on November 6. Be sure to make your reservations and Epic Coverage elections by December 7th.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Vail trying to sugarcoat its reservation system:

PASS HOLDER PRIORITY ACCESS
    For your safety, we will be managing how many people are on our mountains this season and implementing a pass holder reservation system. Reservations will be required to access our mountains. For the vast majority of days, we anticipate our mountains will be able to accommodate everyone who wants to ski or ride. THE RESERVATION SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SHUNT HUMAN RESOURCES TO WHERE THEY ARE NEEDED MOST AND TO GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT WE KNOW WHO NEEDS TO BE TESTED IN THE EVENT THAT OUR OPERATIONS STAFF FALL ILL, no matter what day you visit! As a pass holder, you will receive priority access with the reservation system when it goes live on November 6. Be sure to make your reservations and Epic Coverage elections by December 7th.
    Yes. Glad to see they do not sugar coat it.

That's kind of what gives me pause about committing to a pass. I still haven't seen a good implementation of supply management and crowd control at any business I've visited, and it's been six months. Whether it's the lift lines, whatever they intend to do with lodges for food/warming up/breaking during inclement weather, or the process of entering/exiting the mountain, those are all major logistical issues without even counting the COVID risk. I didn't go out of my way to drive up to Vermont before, so I don't think I'll start now.

Probably solidifies my decision to mooch off the Buddy Passes of my family (parents are taking at least two trips out west, and my sister's moving out there next month, so they'll get it regardless).

I think Ikon is kidding themselves that reservations won’t end up being put into place later by December.

I think Ikon is kidding their paying customers that reservations won’t end up being put into place later by December.
    Fify