Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Go TRUMP go! Team Trump 2020!! Rah rah!
    I hereby decree that thou shalt not procreate in this life or any other.
    King James III
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I wouldn't wish COVID on anyone.
    Whatever they do with this "RESERVED" skiing,
    it better be something better than just finding new ways to maximize profits.
    Vail seems to have a problem in that regard.

I didn't renew my EPIC and I feel FREE.
    There are other (better) choices.
    There are other (much much cheaper) local hills.
    There is the back country.
    There is snow shoeing, XC skiing, and even winter biking.
    Whisky warms the heart too!

And yes, I have lots of senior friends (60's, 70's and some 80's) that both have had COVID quite seriously and will
    tell everyone not to get too uptight about it.
    We need some BALANCE.
    That's all I'm saying.
    Don't stop time to wait for COVID to pass.

Anyways, I'll be sneaking in on someone else's pass, masked as per policy!

Puregravey reading the comments like

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post
    Puregravey reading the comments like
    Put a mask on that
    and you nailed it. LOL.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Go TRUMP go! Team Trump 2020!! Rah rah!
    Lincoln Lincoln go Lincoln project team
    with a name like
    Molly Jong-Fast
    i gots a ben franklins says she out skis
    pure bullshit gravity
    and is more fun to apres with
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Vail CEO Katz says sales of season passes are up 18% this season compared to the same time last season.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...amid-pandemic/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Vail CEO Katz says sales of season passes are up 18% this season compared to the same time last season.

"During a Sept. 24 earnings call ..."

Call me skeptic. But isn't that from people that were forced to buy next years season pass to get the rebate for unused days in 2019-20?

I predict their earnings are going to be terrible for 2020, not just from lost ticket sales but from all their other profit centers that have/will taken a dive.

They are going to try and paint this black somehow.
    They aren't being honest.

Call me skeptic. But isn't that from people that were forced to buy next years season pass to get the rebate for unused days in 2019-20?
    The increase isn't due to last years pass holders being "forced" to buy this years pass. A good portion of previous pass holders would still buy a pass this season.
    Math is hard for some of you. Lets say that last year Vail sold 1000 passes and this year sold 18% more passes, that would be 1180 passes sold. So even if every one of last years pass holders was forced to buy this years pass there are still 180 new pass holders.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

They didn't have any Epic Pass products tied in with the Peak Resorts last season. Makes sense to attribute some of that increase with the acquisition of the Peak Resorts portfolio.

And I did not buy a Kirkwood pass this year and lost my “rebate” or whatever the fuck that thing is called.

Can’t stay in a cabin with friends right now, so we could not figure out any lodging we could afford. So that means they would need to have sold 181 passes to new folks.

I think more propel are considering skiing this winter instead of going to the mall. Hard to tell if it will be a ghost season or packed to the gills fighting to reserve season or a closed down season.

Gonna miss KW this winter. First season without a pass since 02-03

It’s going to be packed.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It’s going to be packed.
    But will there be 6 people packed on the six-packs?
    Or is it all basically a T-Bar line.
    #snowcial #distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The increase isn't due to last years pass holders being "forced" to buy this years pass. A good portion of previous pass holders would still buy a pass this season.
    Math is hard for some of you. Lets say that last year Vail sold 1000 passes and this year sold 18% more passes, that would be 1180 passes sold. So even if every one of last years pass holders was forced to buy this years pass there are still 180 new pass holders.
    I think it also reflects the realization many people are having that it's going to be much more difficult to ski this season without a pass, at least for those of us who are constrained by work schedule. The only way to guarantee access is buying a pass.

I predict their earnings are going to be terrible for 2020, not just from lost ticket sales but from all their other profit centers that have/will taken a dive.

They are going to try and paint this black somehow.
    They aren't being honest.
    Nobody was "forced" to buy a pass, but there was a deadline of 9/17 to use any credits from last season on a 20/21 pass product. It most likely explains the uptick in pass sales as of that 9/24 report date. I'd be willing to bet that pass sales have leveled off considerably since that 9/17 deadline.
    Old's Cool.

And yes, I have lots of senior friends (60's, 70's and some 80's) that both have had COVID quite seriously and will
    tell everyone not to get too uptight about it.

My bullshit meter just broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    They didn't have any Epic Pass products tied in with the Peak Resorts last season. Makes sense to attribute some of that increase with the acquisition of the Peak Resorts portfolio.

Only reason I bought one. Gives me a cheap midweek pass to Hunter, a day trip.

Just received an e-mail from Vail asking me to call. I was on hold for about 15mins. It turns out that they were responding to e-mail that I sent them in June requesting a downgrade from unlimited to local. No problem whatsoever.
    Also, I inquired about lift lines, singles, groups, etc. I was told that there will probably be no singles lines. Riders will either have to ride together as a group, or by themselves. Singles on gondola will be allowed/required to ride with either another single, or a group of two.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I would think that VR would set up lift lines with one being families of three or more. A couples line, for just two, and then two singles lines on either side. Then you wait about 30 - 40 minutes to load up if you are lucky, and the resort is not operating at the COVID max capacity. On max COVID capacity days, you wait about an hour.

But VR employees will come around just before noon with COVID Chip cookies, to keep the paying customers from getting too unruly.

#COVIDchipcookies will be trending this winter.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    My bullshit meter just broke.
    Guess their definition of serious is that they had a sore throat. I doubt anyone who has had a tube stuffed down their throat so they can be kept alive, thinks it isn’t so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I would think that VR would set up lift lines with one being families of three or more. A couples line, for just two, and then two singles lines on either side. Then you wait about 30 - 40 minutes to load up if you are lucky, and the resort is not operating at the COVID max capacity. On max COVID capacity days, you wait about an hour.

But VR employees will come around just before noon with COVID Chip cookies, to keep the paying customers from getting too unruly.

#COVIDchipcookies will be trending this winter.
    Working as a lift this winter is going to be a rough gig. I can see a lot of arguments and fights in the lift line. In addition to lifties, Vail will probably have 2 or 3 red jackets to police the line. Is it really worth no reservations for family?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Working as a lift this winter is going to be a rough gig. I can see a lot of arguments and fights in the lift line. In addition to lifties, Vail will probably have 2 or 3 red jackets to police the line. Is it really worth no reservations for family?
    ^^^
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Has anyone actually been able to talk to a live human being, or gotten an email response from Vail? They still haven't charged me beyond the $49 down for my passes. I'm nervous that the reservation window is going to open and they're gonna be like "sorry, your pass isn't valid" and I'll miss out on my priority days.

No. It's appalling. I bought a pass about six weeks ago, and just want to know if I can physically pick it up at a mountain, but no customer service. And they've taken over the customer service lines of the local mountains, so I just get rerouted to the same voice mail telling me to try later.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Has anyone actually been able to talk to a live human being, or gotten an email response from Vail? They still haven't charged me beyond the $49 down for my passes. I'm nervous that the reservation window is going to open and they're gonna be like "sorry, your pass isn't valid" and I'll miss out on my priority days.
    Yes.

I was told they are charging balances next week to the card on file. I made them charge mine now, just so I know it's done and there won't be issues with reservations.

Wow. Somebody got through.