Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm always amazed how often these places get mentioned. I grew up skiing in CO, then went to college in Rochester and skied a ton of Bristol, Swain, and KB, then moved back.

The skiing in WNY was a lot worse than CO, but a lot better than not skiing.
    Naz grad checking in.
    I think PowderHo and Ticketchecker are both former WNY skiers.
    Bristol serves up some solid vertical per hour, as well as a fun terrain park.
    Come out to Westfax sometime (Bills Backer bar) if you want a full pint of WNY nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Will you just please stop? It's getting embarrassing.
    I think maybe you need to read the room, Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think maybe you need to read the room, Benny.
    Well, if it's yours. pick up your dirty socks and underwear, and put your toys away.

Abasin just announced no reservations for pass holders! Limited ticket sales. ETA still undetermined for Ikonerz.

ABasin partner days need no reservations either. Nice of them.

IKONerz gonna be pissy.

So will they determine a set amount of Ikonerz per day and have reservations for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Abasin just announced no reservations for pass holders! Limited ticket sales. ETA still undetermined for Ikonerz.
    Reading Al's blog today made my day.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Word! Super stoked for this season!

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Yup. First day I’ve actually looked forward to winter.

I was on team No Pass this year. Then on a long bike ride, I got thinking the reservation system and everything else will be such a pain in the ass, many people will not come and Vail/BC with less crowds is exactly what I'd like (and close free parking but that's probably not happening ever). So I'm buying epic local now, $590 with last year's discount code.

I (and presumably all epic pass buyers) need to click I agree to:
    YOU ARE ADVISED THAT <CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS> HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST VAIL RESORTS AND ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS REQUESTING REFUNDS AND OTHER COMPENSATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE 2019/2020 RESORT CLOSURES DUE TO COVID-19. SECTION 9 OF THESE TERMS INCLUDES A RELEASE BY WHICH YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN THOSE LAWSUITS OR OTHER CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE RELATED TO THE 2019/2020 RESORT CLOSURES.

What dicks. I wasn't planning to get in the class action lawsuit, but now I feel like I should not buy a pass just so I can sue the fuckers. Vail Resorts, attorneys at law.
    PS - My job involves lots of fighting with VR attorneys. They're full on slick, aggressive, lying dickheads, but I bet they get a free epic pass.

Immediate regrets. Should have saved up for a snowmobile instead.

Class action law suits are a joke, Join one and get chump change while the lawyers get rich. Or go skiing. Choice is yours.
    I grew up in Detroit skiing 200 ft man made hills. Poconos would have sounded pretty good to me back then.
    And for the epitome of grass and mud skiing--Mt. Lemmon. I skied one run there the year I lived in Tucson. But it was steep mud and grass.

Someone should sue Vail for forcing customers to waive their right to sue for the 19/20 season when they buy a 20/21 pass. What is the consideration for relinquishing your right to sue for the 19/20 season? A cheaper 20/21 pass? And yes, joining the class action (if it is successful) would probably only get you a few bucks (and make the lawyers rich) but it is still bs on the part of Vail strong arming customers like that.

And if you think class action law suits are jokes, we should get rid of them and then you will see companies like Vail really engage in some evil shit with no recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    I was on team No Pass this year. Then on a long bike ride, I got thinking the reservation system and everything else will be such a pain in the ass, many people will not come and Vail/BC with less crowds is exactly what I'd like (and close free parking but that's probably not happening ever). So I'm buying epic local now, $590 with last year's discount code.
    Did it actually work?

epicpass.com website won't take my promo code, error message says "Promotion code is not valid at this website or sale location." - Uhhh, sure, what other website should I use? I clicked the link on their email and used the code they provided. (It did take my code for my wife's EDGE card, though). No one is answering the phone, no one is answering my emails, but lots of banners saying I only have 7 days to use my code. Classic.

If they can't even take my money for a pass, I have to wonder how they'll handle daily reservations for 34 resorts this winter . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Did it actually work? ....
    May want to try with a desktop or laptop if you’re using mobile device. I had errors on 9/7, which was supposed to be the last day to use credits before that was extended. Worked like a charm as soon as I switched over to laptop.

Did it actually work?
    Worked for me, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post

I (and presumably all epic pass buyers) need to click I agree to:
    YOU ARE ADVISED THAT <CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS> HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST VAIL RESORTS AND ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS REQUESTING REFUNDS AND OTHER COMPENSATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE 2019/2020 RESORT CLOSURES DUE TO COVID-19. SECTION 9 OF THESE TERMS INCLUDES A RELEASE BY WHICH YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN THOSE LAWSUITS OR OTHER CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE RELATED TO THE 2019/2020 RESORT CLOSURES.

What dicks. I wasn't planning to get in the class action lawsuit, but now I feel like I should not buy a pass just so I can sue the fuckers. Vail Resorts, attorneys at law.
    PS - My job involves lots of fighting with VR attorneys. They're full on slick, aggressive, lying dickheads, but I bet they get a free epic pass.
    Vail attorneys' ski in Jeans.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Did it actually work?

epicpass.com website won't take my promo code, error message says "Promotion code is not valid at this website or sale location." - Uhhh, sure, what other website should I use? I clicked the link on their email and used the code they provided. (It did take my code for my wife's EDGE card, though). No one is answering the phone, no one is answering my emails, but lots of banners saying I only have 7 days to use my code. Classic.

If they can't even take my money for a pass, I have to wonder how they'll handle daily reservations for 34 resorts this winter . . .
    Yeah Vail is fucking this up nicely. A few days ago I happened to reach CS on the Chat. They said the error message I got was due to the code only applying to a pass of equal or greater value. Unfortunately their customer database is saying I had a different pass last year than the actual pass I’m holding in my hand from 19/20 lol.

Since emails don’t get answered and chat/phone doesn’t work, not sure what next step is....

On a humorous note, their phone greeting says we all rec’d an email Sept 10 summarizing our pass credit situation again. Despite me receiving a ton of their emails past few weeks, I never got that one.

I'm attempting to request a refund for my daughter's Epic Local pass. They specifically state on the automated phone message and also on their website to visit www.snow.com/requestrefund .....except that link redirects you back to the snow.com homepage. Seriously? 6 days left to request a refund and the provided link takes you nowhere, what a disaster......

https://www.snow.com/footer/contact-us.aspx

Am I missing something?
    Old's Cool.

Wait so if I had an Epic pass last year my credit is not good on any less expensive pass???

What if I had a Keystone Plus and upgraded?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    May want to try with a desktop or laptop if you’re using mobile device. I had errors on 9/7, which was supposed to be the last day to use credits before that was extended. Worked like a charm as soon as I switched over to laptop.
    Desktop(s) with hardwired Ethernet connection, same pass as last year (local, but won't work with full Epic either).

amazed at the number of folks here who've skied blue mountain! i dunno why there's so much hate on poconos skiing. lap after lap of human slalom really helps to train the fast twitch muscles. happy to point out all of blue's coreshot inducing rocks if anyone gets lucky enough to find themselves there this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Wait so if I had an Epic pass last year my credit is not good on any less expensive pass???

What if I had a Keystone Plus and upgraded?
    The good news Sorta is that Yes in theory you can get the credit amount reduced and then apply it to a less expensive pass. https://www.epicpass.com/info/2019-2...exception-form Is the form apparently.

Still can’t get my situation sorted out, since vailepic is unreachable still by any means of communication. Maybe I’ll try sending a telegram.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    The good news Sorta is that Yes in theory you can get the credit amount reduced and then apply it to a less expensive pass. https://www.epicpass.com/info/2019-2...exception-form Is the form apparently.

Still can’t get my situation sorted out, since vailepic is unreachable still by any means of communication. Maybe I’ll try sending a telegram.
    You rock!

Good luck with your situation
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Kirkwood just posted this on FB

If thoughts of powder turns are slowly creeping in, don't worry it's normal to be excited for winter.
    We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls to our customer service center, but to better serve you ahead of Thursday’s pass deadline, we have added to the number of pass experts who can help you both on the phone and via chat. We also have put together some tips for the most frequently asked questions about redeeming last season’s pass credits below. We sincerely thank you for your patience!
    · Are you using your credit to purchase a pass of lesser value or want to switch from a Whistler Blackcomb Pass or EDGE Card to an Epic Pass? Please submit an exception form by Thursday, Sept. 17, to secure the lowest price on your pass, and our team will reach out as soon as we can. Form: https://www.epicpass.com/info/2019-2...tion-form.aspx
    · Are you trying to give your credit to a friend? Unfortunately, credits are non-transferrable.
    · Did you already purchase your pass with your credit? If so, you’re all set!
    · Are you enrolled in Auto-Renew but aren’t sure what to do with your credits? You will be charged your $49 down payment on 9/15 and will receive an email to sign off on your credits shortly after.
    Never received your promo code? Or receiving an error for a reason not reflected above? Please send us a DM with the pass holder name and email.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.