Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Absolutely, and we locals will be doing just that to ensure that non locals are totally locked out.......
    townies

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Weekends are for tourists
    Or for parents of kids in weekly ski programs

I have never seen Fail such a shitshow this early. 4:30 p.m. doing laps in the Safeway parking lot trying to find a spot. Parking structures filled up, full frontage road parking in effect.

I sat in my car for at least 10 minutes trying to psych myself up to go inside so that I could cook a senior a simple turkey breast dinner. Hundreds of people, from everwhere. It was a mob scene. The only thing remotely avian were nuggets and deli meat. Fuck that shit. I even had an on-duty ECO Sheriff breathing down my back in the checkout line. Literally almost touching my ass with his jello cups.

Talked to people on both the TOV bus and the BC shuttles. Packed to the gills, no enforcement.

Fuck that shit. My skin was crawling. You can have my canceled reservation.

Word on the street is 11 opens tomorrow and a couple more runs off of 2. Good luck.

Data published today from yesterday show Eagle had 4x the amount of new cases as Scummit and we are still Orange. This weekend is going to be full EPIC.

County / State New Cases Total Cases New Deaths
    Summit 22 1366 0
    Clear Creek 3 172 1
    Eagle 89 2155 0
    Grand 52 333 0
    Lake 9 248 0
    Park 3 205 1
    Routt 34 560 1
    Colorado 4150 206439 50

are they requiring new passes this year..... or can i roll up with my old one like usual?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Data published today from yesterday show Eagle had 4x the amount of new cases as Scummit and we are still Orange. This weekend is going to be full EPIC.

County / State New Cases Total Cases New Deaths
    Summit 22 1366 0
    Clear Creek 3 172 1
    Eagle 89 2155 0
    Grand 52 333 0
    Lake 9 248 0
    Park 3 205 1
    Routt 34 560 1
    Colorado 4150 206439 50
    Eagle seems to have gotten a pass all along. I'm not sure why. In the beginning of the pandemic, it was because their testing was more readily available, but now, that's not really the case, and they have way more cases that anyone else. I'm kinda confused as to why they didn't go red when everyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

County / State Population New Cases Total Cases New Deaths Percentage of Pop.
    Summit, 31,011, 22, 1366, 0, 0.044
    Clear Creek, 3, 172, 1
    Eagle, 55,127, 89, 2155, 0, 0.039
    Grand, 52, 333, 0
    Lake, 9, 248, 0
    Park, 3, 205, 1
    Routt, 34, 560, 1
    Colorado, 4150, 206439, 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Eagle seems to have gotten a pass all along. I'm not sure why. In the beginning of the pandemic, it was because their testing was more readily available, but now, that's not really the case, and they have way more cases that anyone else. I'm kinda confused as to why they didn't go red when everyone else did.
    I agree its fawking ridiculous in Eagle County right now. I'd rather talk about the skiing, but it's still shit skiing right now. And the Mountains are a gong show with all the tourists.
    I'm not trying to get into the politics of it, but during an educated discussion with a heath care profession here in Eagle Co, that sits on a state wide Pandemic board, there are a few factors that they take in to account about the levels. Eagle CO is actually still testing 2x more of its population compared to Summit. And the majority of available beds in our Critical and Acute care are still open and available in Eagle County.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eagle beats Scummit again today:

Summit 26 1392 0
    Clear Creek 6 178 0
    Eagle 59 2214 0

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are they penalizing for no shows?
    Yes. " If you abuse the system by repeatedly missing or cancelling week-of reservations (or Priority Reservation Days that you booked within 2 weeks of the reservation date), you may lose your reservation privileges for a period of time. "

I guess if I'm feeling a little sick I'll still ski a few runs. Wouldn't want to get in trouble for cancelling. /Sarcasm

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yes. " If you abuse the system by repeatedly missing or cancelling week-of reservations (or Priority Reservation Days that you booked within 2 weeks of the reservation date), you may lose your reservation privileges for a period of time. "

I guess if I'm feeling a little sick I'll still ski a few runs. Wouldn't want to get in trouble for cancelling. /Sarcasm

I was reminded multiple times when I cancelled today's reservations. Wife is sick and I've been exposed so playing it safe until her test results come back. It really hurt to push cancel, but I may have to do it a few more times in the next week or two.

From talking to a friend, my understanding is if you no-show/cancel an excessive amount, you'll be getting a phone call and possibly a reduction in the amount of days you are allowed to reserve in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    are they requiring new passes this year..... or can i roll up with my old one like usual?
    Old pass worked fine for us. Epic CS said it would.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Old pass worked fine for us. Epic CS said it would.
    You can confirm this by going to your account settings, verify that your liability waiver is good to go, and under pass history your current pass says active.

The answer is yes.

Anyone know why week-of reservations at Stowe not working? Can't book this upcoming weekend for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Anyone know why week-of reservations at Stowe not working? Can't book this upcoming weekend for some reason...
    Week of reservations for early season open up on Wednesdays at 2pm MST, with the waiting room opening up at 1pm MST.

It's the same at Whistler -- "not available yet" -- for Saturday-Monday (5-7). I assume it's a feature. Yesterday (Nov 30) was available and Dec 1-4 were unavailable. Today (Dec 1) is available along with Dec 2. Dec 3-4 are still unavailable. Are people cancelling? Is W-B adding more capacity? I don't know.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Getting reservations hasn't been to bad for me so far (I'd still prefer to not). It's tough right now because not all the lifts are open and that's how the number of reservations are determined. But whenever they do open new lifts more reservations open up so sometimes you can get in if you know new terrain will be opening and you recheck reservations. At least this is how it went at the beav last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Week of reservations for early season open up on Wednesdays at 2pm MST, with the waiting room opening up at 1pm MST.
    I guess I misunderstood the program, because I thought "week of" meant starting from any day, as opposed to "week of" starting only on Wednesdays. I thought you could make a reservation for within a week of any given day...if that makes sense.

Every Wednesday at 2pm MST. It opens “Week of” booking days for the following Saturday through Friday.

Just saw on IG that they are now doing a rolling 7 day window opening at midnight for the 7th day out. Probably a better system but fuck, I'm never awake at midnight unless I am too drunk to use my phone or computer.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Just saw on IG that they are now doing a rolling 7 day window opening at midnight for the 7th day out. Probably a better system but fuck, I'm never awake at midnight unless I am too drunk to use my phone or computer.
    Nice, the Wed at 2pm thing was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Nice, the Wed at 2pm thing was stupid.

I agree on the Wed 2pm MT. But I guess they have to choose a time. Now, is the midnight deal better? Will it be midnight MT? Because that would be 2am ET, plus then you have to stay awake and wait for your turn.

Maybe it's not a big deal. I just now logged into the Reservation System. It's pretty much still wide open for the next week for PCMR. the two following Saturdays are not available, but I don't care personally.

Where on IG? I didn't see anything along those lines, but I didn't wade too deeply into the post comments.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    Where on IG? I didn't see anything along those lines, but I didn't wade too deeply into the post comments.
    This and This:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5212F276-24EB-43C9-848E-079E2287F959_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	326.6 KB 
ID:	350943
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EB357E8B-FA19-4FAF-B2CD-E862DDD8E156_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	350944

Yup I saw it on CB's story. They need to figure out how to communicate better to people.

Yup I saw it on CB's story. They need to figure out how to communicate better to people.
    Like always, I learn more on forums than any corporate messaging. And if you shy away from social media, you miss a ton of stuff, both good and bad I guess.