Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Another real problem no one is discussing here...who else has MAJOR fogging problems if their mouth/nose is covered? I think I'm gonna be skiing in sunglasses all winter.
    You don't need to wear a mask while you are skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    While that's half-right, for a lot of communities with economies built around ski-area dollars (direct and indirect), it's not just about skiing. If the ski areas can figure out how to make things work in a way that reasonably mitigates Covid risk while still getting people to spend their time and money on skiing, the local economy keeps functioning (albeit probably not at full speed). If not, either they miss the mitigation techniques, create a hot spot, and then the economy shuts down; or they don't manage to get enough customers in the door, and that shuts the economy down. My wife is a school teacher; I told her not to worry about this year, but I am worried about next year's school budget if the solid waste hits the ventilation device this winter.
    Don’t know how that’s what you took from the post - i was merely stating that complaining about resorts implementing a system that allows them to open is a wealthy 1st world problem. This thread isn’t about resorts not opening - it’s about complaining about a reservation system being implemented to facilitate resorts opening, mitigating risk in a way they feel is responsible/reasonable and keeping the economy moving. Plenty of people will still be going to the resorts. I haven’t read many posts in this thread focused on the economic impacts of not opening...
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Shit, it's like it hasn't snowed in months...
    And we're collectively fucking up pandemic response...

Epic comes up with a plan for skiing during a pandemic. Sounds like great news to me! They even created a reservation system, so I can have certainty that when the health officer allows them to open, my uphill rides will happen. And with a plan in place, they have a better chance to convince said health officer they can operate safely.

One suggestion is to add a no-show fee. A local studio does this and it works great. Maybe with a few freebies for unpredictable issues keeping people from the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post

Epic comes up with a plan for skiing during a pandemic. Sounds like great news to me! They even created a reservation system, so I can have certainty that when the health officer allows them to open, my uphill rides will happen. And with a plan in place, they have a better chance to convince said health officer they can operate safely.

One suggestion is to add a no-show fee. A local studio does this and it works great. Maybe with a few freebies for unpredictable issues keeping people from the mountain.
    So, the rich have another advantage. They'll just pay the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    I know this is a skiing forum but keep things in perspective, folks. This thread is the definition of a (relatively) wealthy 1st world problem.

Remember - there are people dying by the hundreds of thousands. Almost a million dead worldwide WITH physical distancing. Approaching 200k dead in the US alone (congrats - almost 25% of the worlds covid deaths in less than 5% of the population with the most wealth in the world. That can’t be easy to accomplish). While I want to ski hard as much as anyone this season, surely we can recognize that skiing is not the most important thing this winter? And if you don’t like having to make reservations, don’t ski the resort.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And then there's the economic issues. Millions of the middle class and upper middle class now permanently laid off. I don't include the "working class" because they've been priced out of skiing for years. I just read another article about 50s to early 60s Boomers losing employment and, of course, not finding anything new, yet. Even if they find a job soon, doubtful most will be able to afford frivolous ski trips after using whatever to pay basics. Sure, sling the Boomer hate at me, but that's your core market. Lose them, skiing is in trouble.

What economic issues? The economy is booming. People are traveling all over the country. The stock market is great. Just charge those $5000 ski vacations and let’s go!

How about you lose a priority day for a no-show? I'd say give everyone a freebie, but if you miss your second reserved day you lose one priority day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChunderBumps View Post
    My plan would be to just say fuck it and open fully, but I know that isn’t kosher nor politically correct. I’m just hoping Biden wins and the virus disappears soon after.
    Trying to keep people from getting sick and the resorts closed down is being politically correct? People like you are why people are going to get sick and the resorts shut down. This is a forum for people who love to ski. Go find yourself a MAGA forum to spew your bs in.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What economic issues? The economy is booming. People are traveling all over the country. The stock market is great. Just charge those $5000 ski vacations and let’s go!
    Where are you getting this $5000 figure from? That sounds like a fucking bargain.

This^^^
    I'm actually feeling relatively good about the season, compared to 4-6 weeks ago.
    All bets are off, however, if they decide to convert the RFID scanners to retinal because you mask wearing, ticket sharing scofflaws gotta screw it up for everyone.

They can't really do that, can they?????

Shit, probably working on anal probes.

I don't include the "working class" because they've been priced out of skiing for years.
    Bullshit.

I know plenty of WC people who get a fuck of a lot more days than you get.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Bullshit.

^^This

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Bullshit.

Well, they damn well ain't working too hard then.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shit, probably working on anal probes.
    Sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    While I want to ski hard as much as anyone this season, surely we can recognize that skiing is not the most important thing this winter? And if you don’t like having to make reservations, don’t ski the resort.

You shut your whore mouth.

^huh. i'm not interested in another flame war, since i've offered to buy you lunch, and won 500$ b/c i knew the bet would pay off.

you are on, since 03, the most legit ski rider forum. and are constantly and consistently, dissing and throwing shade. on skiers, on snowboarders. in a very difficult time for everyone.

that is the measure of you.

when the chips are down, and things get difficult, you can count on mr profane to not help. to continue to create more negative energy. and least you are consistent.

Wow. My eyes are a little wet. That was profound.

you are marked.

What's your Saturday night buzz this week? You're reasonably coherent. But, the night is young.

bounty out on you now.

$37?

4 grand, check the work thread. make it an even 5. address and personal cell.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Sign me up

We should all be getting a colonoscopy at our age(s), maybe change the probe to a useful and data gathering ass-penetration please?