Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Vail locals are gonna lose their shit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Vail locals are gonna buy Copper passes
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Didn’t bachelor have a problem with no-shows earlier this spring when they re-opened?

If anything, resorts like them should absolutely have their shit in order, since they’ve already had a chance to test out such a reservation system. No way the mom-and-pop resorts will be able to implement a reservation system like that. Wonder how they will handle it?
    If little old Magic can figure out reservations, most can.

Can anyone answer this?

On any given week, it seems you can only place a reservation at one VR resort. This has all the makings of 'who gets online first', does it not?

When Keystone fills up on a Saturday, the Front Rangers will move on to Breck, then that's full, then they use a day at Vail or BC, then that's full, so they try Crested Butte. This sounds so shitty.

writing was on the wall.....but sucks to see it in print. another nail in the resort skiing coffin........sigh
    can the covid discounts from last seasons passes be rolled over to next years pass or do they need to be used this year?

Vail Resorts RESERVED SKIING! It's gonna be EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Can anyone answer this?

On any given week, it seems you can only place a reservation at one VR resort. This has all the makings of 'who gets online first', does it not?

When Keystone fills up on a Saturday, the Front Rangers will move on to Breck, then that's full, then they use a day at Vail or BC, then that's full, so they try Crested Butte. This sounds so shitty.
    I think CB might get super busy (for them) this year based on that. And yes, it all sounds shitty.

It’s unclear whether they will have a specific time each week to reserve for the whole week or a time each day that you can reserve for up to 7 days from that day. Will they be able to handle the internet traffic? ABasin sure couldn’t.

"See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them."
    Jerry Seinfeld

So....... I work down the road from ski area X & have a pass. If I can I ski at lunch..... yea that’s why I moved here....

But now, I need a reservation- to use my all access pass?!?

*FAQs shows they are thinking of restricting uphill too.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

*FAQs shows they are thinking of restricting uphill too.
    This is a given. I can imagine how many other people, for the first time, are thinking, "what about uphill, I'll just do that.."

I've also heard ad-nauseam already, and it's not even September, "I've got a sled, we'll just do bc"...

Skiing is fucked for this winter, also including any uphill resort access, and mostly including the bc, but only because the first two are so fucked.

I'll also bet Buff Pass parking area gets restricted before January.

Buy your updated touring setup now, folks.

edit... Sorry, thought it was other thread, but my point stands...

Does your EPIC Reservation™ expire at a certain time on the day of?

I should be able to jump on the lift at last load, even if I only plan to make one goddamn run.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    This really sucks for people who like to ski 5-6 days/wk, but only 2-3 hrs./day. I know so many who ski until 11:00-11:30 and then do other things
    This is basically my whole ski life, from childhood through last season. That program of fitting a few hours on the hill every day into the rest of life, that’s skiing to me, that’s being a skier vs being a touron.

But I guess it’s also been a lifetime of businessy fucks constantly making it obvious that since my version of skiing isn’t making them rich, it’s meaningless to them...so Vail taking the initiative to ratfuck the core of ski town everyday skiers is hardly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This is basically my whole ski life, from childhood through last season. That program of fitting a few hours on the hill every day into the rest of life, that’s skiing to me, that’s being a skier vs being a touron.

But I guess it’s also been a lifetime of businessy fucks constantly making it obvious that since my version of skiing isn’t making them rich, it’s meaningless to them...so Vail taking the initiative to ratfuck the core of ski town everyday skiers is hardly surprising.
    This^^^

So much for living the dream that everyone who has ever moved to a ski town has sacrificed so much for. All you fucks from Texas buying day passes to ski the bunny hill try telling the guy who is waxing your shitty rental skis and helping you put on your 80 flex boots that he can’t go ski a couple laps in his lunch break before the onslaught of stinky ass rental gear returning begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If little old Magic can figure out reservations, most can.
    I doubt snowbowl's management can. I doubt they even want to.

They probably will put the onus on the skiers/riders to follow guidelines.

it is amazing how everyone here wants to keep their status quo because the "other" people don't deserve it. like it's a zero sum game. wrong. it's a negative sum game. there's no way anyone wins.* get used to the fact that this year we are all gonna have to take one for the team. FFS

*funland might end up being really nuts tho

Of course they closed uphill traffic, otherwise everyone would skin to mid mountain and ride with no res.

So everyone is going to buy a backcountry "pass." My 60 year old neighbor texted me about airbags because he wants to buy one before they are out of stock.

I think I'm going to teach a lot of avalanche courses...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The solution is simple. Go protest on the mountain everyday you want to ski. The RONA doesn't infect protestors so there should be no limits on protestors skiing. Or snowboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Of course they closed uphill traffic, otherwise everyone would skin to mid mountain and ride with no res.

So everyone is going to buy a backcountry "pass." My 60 year old neighbor texted me about airbags because he wants to buy one before they are out of stock.

You should definitely push for more avalanche courses, even if you have to offer them via a zoom meeting.

Last thing this coming winter needs is more deaths in the backcountry. And there will be a higher volume of people touring, make no mistake about that. Even a free 1-hour introductory course could save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    it is amazing how everyone here wants to keep their status quo because the "other" people don't deserve it. like it's a zero sum game. wrong. it's a negative sum game. there's no way anyone wins.* get used to the fact that this year we are all gonna have to take one for the team. FFS

*funland might end up being really nuts tho
    sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

lol. "you too can float downhill at 80-100 mph into trees or whatever"

no way that formula plays out in any model.

epic pass is junk. possibly ikon next.

The shittiest thing is the reservation system will save millions in operating costs. Just think how surgically they can staff and purchase/use inventory just by knowing well in advance how many people will show up each day

I’m kinda scared.

it may be what ski resorts were built upon, but not what ski areas are built on.

all the major banks will hold the paper until next season. not this season.

exciting.

Hey TGR maggots watch this space!!!

My Fremont based engineering team has been expecting this. We are working on an automated program that will secure your skiing reservation automatically the second your eligibility for reservations comes up. Our program will work with Epic and and soon to be Ikon pass reservation systems. You will not have to your schedule your time around trying to secure daily reservations. You will input where and the days you want to ski. Our automated system will reserve you as many days as possible and automatically send your reservation notices to your email. Do not worry about cancellation issues our data and code is encrypted and secured so the reservation system will not know if you ski or not.

We envision selling our program for $24.99 with a $20 premium level add on. At the premium level we will use our proprietary code to monitor 7 and 10 day NOAA forecasts for your region and reserve as many days during your selected weather type as possible. It will allow you to set your weather preferences by month for optimum powder skiing in January -February and great spring corn in March-April. Premium level also lets you coordinate your reservations with 5 other skiers to ensure group fun.

Why do it the old fashion way when our bots can do it for you. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to be developed into a mobile app and it will require a laptop or desk top machine. The program will be for sale on the web, with a downloadable executable file and password.

Why wait in line with other chumps and when we can move you to the front of the line. Coming soon!!!

Please note that we are currently offering our services pro bono to smaller non corporate ski areas to help them set up their own reservation systems and will add them on for a small $5 monthly update fee as they become available.

Disclaimer: We reserve the right to use and sell your data to anyone we want. Kinda like Uber, Strava, and Lyft

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Coming to a ski area near you.
    i went to high school with the chick behind the ticket window
    she did a good job dealing with no beacon body finder no lift ride up entitled touron angry asshole
    and she gives me comp passes when i show up
    its a work in tickets, deal with assholes, hook up your friends benny
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    Hey TGR maggots watch this space!!!

My Fremont based engineering team has been expecting this. We are working on an automated program that will secure your skiing reservation automatically the second your eligibility for reservations comes up. Our program will work with Epic and and soon to be Ikon pass reservation systems. You will not have to your schedule your time around trying to secure daily reservations. You will input where and the days you want to ski. Our automated system will reserve you as many days as possible and automatically send your reservation notices to your email. Do not worry about cancellation issues our data and code is encrypted and secured so the reservation system will not know if you ski or not.

We envision selling our program for $24.99 with a $20 premium level add on. At the premium level we will use our proprietary code to monitor 7 and 10 day NOAA forecasts for your region and reserve as many days during your selected weather type as possible. It will allow you to set your weather preferences by month for optimum powder skiing in January -February and great spring corn in March-April. Premium level also lets you coordinate your reservations with 5 other skiers to ensure group fun.

Why do it the old fashion way when our bots can do it for you. Unfortunately, it is unlikely to be developed into a mobile app and it will require a laptop or desk top machine. The program will be for sale on the web, with a downloadable executable file and password.

Why wait in line with other chumps and when we can move you to the front of the line. Coming soon!!!

Please note that we are currently offering our services pro bono to smaller non corporate ski areas to help them set up their own reservation systems and will add them on for a small $5 monthly update fee as they become available.

Disclaimer: We reserve the right to use and sell your data to anyone we want. Kinda like Uber, Strava, and Lyft
    ^ Bruh, you ARE the problem here & certainly not a fellow Maggot.