Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1095
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm pretty convinced that this will be a time if reckoning for this company. The virus time has exposed how horribly managed and over extended they are, and, combine that with severe revenue drops, and Vail Inc. may not exist as the same company it was before the plague hit. Which is fine by me, but it may take years for the financial carnage to be healed. Who's going to buy all of these resorts out of bankruptcy?
    I'm not going to go digging for their most recent Q, but I thought season pass sales were pretty strong and they've got plenty of cash on hand.

Unless their leverage gets them into trouble rolling over debt by the end of Q2, I can't see them going bankrupt unless I misunderstand their financial position. I foresee the bougie travel market rebounding huge once people are vaxxed (may God have mercy on all of us who live in tourist towns).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I foresee the bougie travel market rebounding huge once people are vaxxed (may God have mercy on all of us who live in tourist towns).
    Pence is setting the trend as we type.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Pence is setting the trend as we type.
    Yeah, but Grand Hyatt? Figured he'd at least be at the Four Seasons.

So how many reservations did you miss for folks getting nastygrams?

I've missed like 2 or 3 and no nastygrams...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I can't believe what an Epic (tm) clusterfuck this has been. they had all summer to hire more customer service and make a plan to not be so overwhelmed. I saw someone else say it, but could this be the beginning of the end? I think they are too big to fail, but time will tell?
    vail does everything they can to have as few employees as possible they have been shit canning people for ten years now they want low paying cheap labor anyone who works there way up to middle managment at the local resort is doomed once they start making too much money and have too much power out the door it's sad that alot of solid middle managment people making good money with a foot in the community were "let go" and as a consolation prize offered a job at lower pay doing basic seasonal labor

so the idea that vail is going to put together an a plus large customer service team is a joke they are much more happy to spend that money on a pr contractor to help spin their bullshit and tell you they care do you really think robby katz wrote that deep letter to the community and pass holders a few week ago?

the best was everyone stole so much food from vail in March last year that was their year end bonus even better is a friend calls me a every couple months looking to unload extra material and product to me since buying material is such a pain in the ass and take so long because the PO needs to go through broomfield and be approved by ten people they end up buying twice what they need because they don't want to come up short but always have lots of extra

fuck vail

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    vail does everything they can to have as few employees as possible they have been shit canning people for ten years now they want low paying cheap labor anyone who works there way up to middle managment at the local resort is doomed once they start making too much money and have too much power out the door it's sad that alot of solid middle managment people making good money with a foot in the community were "let go" and as a consolation prize offered a job at lower pay doing basic seasonal labor

so the idea that vail is going to put together an a plus large customer service team is a joke they are much more happy to spend that money on a pr contractor to help spin their bullshit and tell you they care do you really think robby katz wrote that deep letter to the community and pass holders a few week ago?

the best was everyone stole so much food from vail in March last year that was their year end bonus even better is a friend calls me a every couple months looking to unload extra material and product to me since buying material is such a pain in the ass and take so long because the PO needs to go through broomfield and be approved by ten people they end up buying twice what they need because they don't want to come up short but always have lots of extra

fuck vail
    What gets me is their internet presence, or, well, in modern terms, branding attempt. I think there is somebody who is head of marketing that thinks Vail should attain the same sort of brand loyalty as Starbucks or Apple or a few of the mega brands that Americans love, especially Starbucks, because the whole point is that your latte in Cincinatti will be prepared and delivered to you in the same way as a latte in a Boston suburb, with the same level of remarkable service, that is, for, you know, a glorified fast food joint. And, Starbucks does it incredibly well. Its kind of amazing how they manage that, nationwide. Somehow Vail is attempting this at the internet home page level, and it's horrible. Hunter is not the same mountain as Mt. Snow which isn't the same as Stowe which isn't the same as Wildcat, and all are very different from Whistler, but, it's all the same damn site, trying to sell me something I already have, a fucking pass. It's so lame. I've seen this guy Katz interviewed, and I blame him, because he's so lame. He doesnt ski. But he collects a big salary for being a big shot who has no clue. I hope that's unsustainable.

I’m just shocked it has taken so many of you so many years to realize how shitty if a company Vail is. And still many of you keep buying Epic. They will do just fine if you keep giving them your money.

They ruined Kirkwood years ago. Some of us complained on this board, but the over whelming maggot response at the time was - suck it up. There is no way you can change Vail. And Benny was shouting how awesome it was he could ski so many resorts on such a cheap pass. Maybe now he can agree he was dead wrong.

What gets me is their internet presence, or, well, in modern terms, branding attempt. I think there is somebody who is head of marketing that thinks Vail should attain the same sort of brand loyalty as Starbucks or Apple or a few of the mega brands that Americans love, especially Starbucks, because the whole point is that your latte in Cincinatti will be prepared and delivered to you in the same way as a latte in a Boston suburb, with the same level of remarkable service, that is, for, you know, a glorified fast food joint. And, Starbucks does it incredibly well. Its kind of amazing how they manage that, nationwide. Somehow Vail is attempting this at the internet home page level, and it's horrible. Hunter is not the same mountain as Mt. Snow which isn't the same as Stowe which isn't the same as Wildcat, and all are very different from Whistler, but, it's all the same damn site, trying to sell me something I already have, a fucking pass. It's so lame. I've seen this guy Katz interviewed, and I blame him, because he's so lame. He doesnt ski. But he collects a big salary for being a big shot who has no clue. I hope that's unsustainable.
    I've rode up the lift with Rob Katz at Vail before. He skis and so does his family.

I agree with fastfred's points on everything and Benny is right about the branding attempt. At a wholesale level, they are turning Vail Resorts in to the Wal-Mart of the ski slopes. They aren't even trying to hide it at this point. Yes, they still have a few "crown jewels" that they do consider to be different in terms of value (Breck, Vail, Whistler, Park City).

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I've rode up the lift with Rob Katz at Vail before. He skis and so does his family.

I agree with fastfred's points on everything and Benny is right about the branding attempt. At a wholesale level, they are turning Vail Resorts in to the Wal-Mart of the ski slopes. They aren't even trying to hide it at this point. Yes, they still have a few "crown jewels" that they do consider to be different in terms of value (Breck, Vail, Whistler, Park City).
    I had an Ikon Pass last year and switched back to Epic Pass this year. Very glad that I did as I have not had any trouble getting a reservation to ski when I want. There are really no crowds this season either.

I'm skiing Vail Resorts by choice because I do like skiing Vail/Beaver Creek and Crested Butte (if they ever get some damn snow). The terrain and mountain is really what is most important to me. As long as the lifts are able to run and they don't completely mess up the experience of getting to the chairlift, I'm not really thinking too much about VR while I'm skiing..... until some fucktard in a Yellow Jacket yells at me.... so then, dammit I'm usually raging at VR.

Well, sure, he skis, but how much and how well?

Well, sure, he skis, but how much and how well?
    Probably good enough to get off a chairlift without looking like he is in a Warren Miller bloopers segment ?

robby katz was put in his position by some company called castle peak or castle something that is a huge money fund whatever you call that shit they are the majority owner of vail stock he was put there because he was a wall street guy who could milk every penny out of the resorts and return it back to these people

disney world is where they have it down you go and they want you to have the greatest experience while at their theme parks and want you to come back bobby katz could use a a couple months at disney university to see how its done instead ski passes skiers all that shit is just money to them

every time vail gives bobby some money to give to charity like the chump he is, it's some bullshit far off garbage organization that he donates to and they make sure they give as many press releases as possible meanwhile locally the community care clinic and mind springs could use a couple million from vail since so many of their uninsured employees are forced to use these "free" services

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Probably good enough to get off a chairlift without looking like he is in a Warren Miller bloopers segment ?
    Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Anybody seen Pence? Does he ski in jeans?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Anybody seen Pence? Does he ski in jeans?
    I heard he couldn't get a reservation.

My buddy tuned his skis, and his family's, and he said they spent 2k in the shop on top. They obviously didn't do a background check beforehand. Said he was a nice guy actually. And this is coming from a crusty Vermonter Bernie guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I’m just shocked it has taken so many of you so many years to realize how shitty if a company Vail is. And still many of you keep buying Epic. They will do just fine if you keep giving them your money.

They ruined Kirkwood years ago. Some of us complained on this board, but the over whelming maggot response at the time was - suck it up. There is no way you can change Vail. And Benny was shouting how awesome it was he could ski so many resorts on such a cheap pass. Maybe now he can agree he was dead wrong.
    I’ll give an example of why it works. My local vt hill is independent. My sisters local pa hill went epic. For less than 700 she gets her season pass and 5ish days at Stowe plus a handful of other resorts up here. Now I’m on the hook for Stowe day passes for at least half the days of her trips. Because, of course she wants to go to Stowe now. Why wouldn’t she?

Fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I’ll give an example of why it works. My local vt hill is independent. My sisters local pa hill went epic. For less than 700 she gets her season pass and 5ish days at Stowe plus a handful of other resorts up here. Now I’m on the hook for Stowe day passes for at least half the days of her trips. Because, of course she wants to go to Stowe now. Why wouldn’t she?

Fuckers
    It's like traffic, you are the problem.

My buddy tuned his skis, and his family's, and he said they spent 2k in the shop on top. They obviously didn't do a background check beforehand. Said he was a nice guy actually. And this is coming from a crusty Vermonter Bernie guy.
    Did he slip your buddy a lil green nug for the effort?

BTW, most Hoosiers are really pretty nice. Dumb as dirt, but nice.

Edit to add: I moved west from Indy.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 12-27-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This reservation thing seems great. They should keep it going next year.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    This reservation thing seems great. They should keep it going next year.
    #crackhead
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Did he slip your buddy a lil green nug for the effort?

BTW, most Hoosiers are really pretty nice. Dumb as dirt, but nice.

Edit to add: I moved west from Indy.
    Strange, I was just telling someone the other day people from Montana were about the most unintelligent people I had ever met, and people that moved to Montana and stayed were definitely even more unintelligent. I guess it’s not surprising you would make that statement with Indy being so close geographically to Ohio.

Hey I'm sure this was covered here, but I missed cancelling a priority reservation day and now it will only let me book 3 days instead of 4 days (I bought a 4-pack). What's up with that? Bug in their system? Big fuck you for forgetting to cancel?

It's like traffic, you are the problem.

what Vail needs to do is get away from the Walmart model and go with the Chick-Fil-A model. Fast, good service, and a decent quality product delivered with a
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch