Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1095
    Well that's going to be a test of a few systems. Lots of germs floating around...

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Here's how you game the system:

This is from their website.....
    "As you use your Priority Reservation Days, you can book new ones, holding up to seven at any time, or as many as your pass type allows."

If you're a weekend warrior, book out your seven days in advance for each weekend day you plan to ski as close together on the calendar as possible. Each weekend you ski, two priority days become available. Then, use those two days to tack them on to the calendar for the next open weekend.

Example:

p1/p2 12/19-12/20
    p2/p3 12/26-12/27
    p4/p5/p6 1/1-1/2-1/3
    p7 1/9

On 12/20, move your p1 day now to 1/10 since you've skied 12/19, and do this every time you use one.

You'll always be able to book out well beyond the 7 days this way.
    Well that works unless passholders have already filled that future date, or I assume, since they are now selling left tickets, people purchasing for holidays.

I guess I'm not going to be on the hill this weekend, fkn epic!
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/emplo...nd-reservation
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by teletripper View Post
    I guess I'm not going to be on the hill this weekend, fkn epic!
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/emplo...nd-reservation
    Well that is kind of fucked, IMO.

It's happened before at Whistler. Opening weekend 2018 for staff and vollys under Vail management and in the past before RFID passes where we were asked to save the snow for the paying guests. It was a low snow year and there was two runs open on each mountain. One of the joys of a complimentary pass.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

#NOTFAMILYFRIENDLY
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    It's happened before at Whistler. Opening weekend 2018 for staff and vollys under Vail management and in the past before RFID passes where we were asked to save the snow for the paying guests. It was a low snow year and there was two runs open on each mountain. One of the joys of a complimentary pass.
    That's not uncommon in my experience; I've been either not given a pass for opening or asked not to ski while terrain was particularly limited at a couple of large, non-Vail resorts here on the east coast. Being able to flip the RFID switch just makes the control easier.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Reservations are starting to fill more regularly a few days out now. This coming weekend filled up yesterday at Heavenly, which caught me out for Sunday skiing with the family. I don't like skiing weekends anyway so no big deal but everyone isn't as flexible.

Kirkwood is full Dec 19-22. Northstar Dec 19-23. Park City only has 6 days with any availability left for December. Vail only 3 days left.

I was able to book a day-of for Heavenly yesterday even though it was a powder day.

So after almost a month of this I have to say it's working OK, but holidays are predictably overbooked. On the days that it's sold out at Heavenly the capacity seems just about right if people spread out, but they don't so the upper mountain lifts have had some long lines.

The only South Shore resort that doesn't have a reservation system Sierra at Tahoe reported parking 100% full at 9:30AM yesterday with only 6 lifts running so that must have been interesting. Lots of day trippers coming up from the lowlands.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Why can't they have a waitlist for full reservation days? This mashing refresh hoping something opens up while you have time to have the browser open is insane. Just allocate available spots as they're canceled to the list, save everyone a huge PITA hoping to fluke into an opening at the right time...

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    The only South Shore resort that doesn't have a reservation system Sierra at Tahoe reported parking 100% full at 9:30AM yesterday...
    Considering the need for a reservation made ahead, and limited terrain on offer, I was was surprised/disappointed that HV parking filled up on Saturday morning.

**Dec 12 10:38 | PARKING UPDATE: California Lodge Parking is now full. Off-site parking available off Ski Run w/ free shuttle services.**

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Funny, myself and a friend both got spots last minute style on Friday and Sunday.

Fawk Vail is going to be a total Shit Show over the holidays.
    As in more of a shit show than normal with restaurants at 25% capacity, singles loaded in gondolas by themselves, lets pray for a bit more snow to open up some terrain to spread them out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 08.21.23.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	353119

Stat announced that it isn't letting Summit county out of the red for xmas, so that means a lot of people will be eating outside or in the condo. City Market will be the seventh level of hell. Good luck bitches. I'll be walking around in the woods for the next few weeks. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Fawk Vail is going to be a total Shit Show over the holidays.
    As in more of a shit show than normal with restaurants at 25% capacity, singles loaded in gondolas by themselves, lets pray for a bit more snow to open up some terrain to spread them out.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 08.21.23.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	353119
    Vail Resorts has changed they way the calendar looks, I guess they think this looks nicer, and does not give the impression they are booked solid.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 10.13.42.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	353564

Marketing 101

Not me, but they are starting to crack down on no-shows and canceled reservations:

Name:	314C1EDE-09F8-427F-9CEA-68AB8C61C719.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	276.5 KB 
ID:	354426

Whistler Blackcomb's message:
    Name:  1344EDEC-75C6-4750-8B29-AE889458C38C.jpeg
Views: 817
Size:  50.6 KB
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 12-23-2020 at 12:44 PM.

I'm not one for filling out surveys, but Vail wanted to know about my day at Hunter last Friday, and I let them have it. I would suggest filling out your survey request, too, it might help.

I forgot to tell them how much their local websites totally suck. God, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm not one for filling out surveys, but Vail wanted to know about my day at Hunter last Friday, and I let them have it. I would suggest filling out your survey request, too, it might help.

I forgot to tell them how much their local websites totally suck. God, they suck.
    I get a survey request mailed to me for every 2 or 3 days skiing. BUT once I fill one out with negative experiences, I dont get them for another 10-12 days of skiing.
    I'd be interested to see if you get another survey request after filling one out negatively.

i just wasted the hour on hold becuase i got that same bullshit email. I havent missed any days but have cancelled day of as i wasnt feeling well. Guy told me its an IT error email. WTF. They cant even send follow up? never again are they getting my money. F VAIL

I'm pretty convinced that this will be a time if reckoning for this company. The virus time has exposed how horribly managed and over extended they are, and, combine that with severe revenue drops, and Vail Inc. may not exist as the same company it was before the plague hit. Which is fine by me, but it may take years for the financial carnage to be healed. Who's going to buy all of these resorts out of bankruptcy?

Vail Resorts RESERVED SKIING! It's gonna be EPIC!

I’ll be back at Kirkwood next winter. Always hoping Vail sells off that property. I’m not there this season, cause there was no way Vail could pull this season off without bullshit.

But glad to here y’all finally coming around to “fuck Vail”.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Considering the need for a reservation made ahead, and limited terrain on offer, I was was surprised/disappointed that HV parking filled up on Saturday morning.

**Dec 12 10:38 | PARKING UPDATE: California Lodge Parking is now full. Off-site parking available off Ski Run w/ free shuttle services.**

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Cause folks can’t car pool.

Part of the reason some places don’t require reservations. Lots full up before capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    i just wasted the hour on hold becuase i got that same bullshit email. I havent missed any days but have cancelled day of as i wasnt feeling well. Guy told me its an IT error email. WTF. They cant even send follow up? never again are they getting my money. F VAIL
    Better a fuck up email than the fuck you email they sent out recently letting us know about the powder days we can ski in Japan, where we cannot fucking travel to.

So they sent this out this afternoon:
    Name:  51857CA0-1F08-4156-AB2B-C0610A0D1F5E.jpeg
Views: 697
Size:  71.1 KB

So hard to tell if they actually made a mistake and sent the first email instead of a "warning email", or they go so much grief and response from the "suspension email" they made up this story of "oh we sent out the wrong email"

I can't believe what an Epic (tm) clusterfuck this has been. they had all summer to hire more customer service and make a plan to not be so overwhelmed. I saw someone else say it, but could this be the beginning of the end? I think they are too big to fail, but time will tell?