Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I just looked at the priority day calendars for several resorts and didn't see a single day yet without availability.
    I agree, I was on hold the other day, so I clicked on every resort’s calendar, and there was not a single booked out day at any single resort.

I signed into my W-B account yesterday to set my "Epic Coverage Pass Preferences" (cancellation coverage) before the December 7 deadline. Then I popped over to reservations. No waiting and all days available at W-B.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I am completely paranoid now with this whole thing. Lets look at what we know or how i perceive it. Not one date out yet is unavailable at any of the resorts, zero. XMAS week at Stowe, whistler, vail etc.. ? Once you book your 7 priority days you lose out on that option for refund as a way out. I just re read the fine print under refunds. A “Priority Reservation Cancellation Event” occurs when Vail Resorts cancels one or more of your Priority Reservation Days as a result of capacity constraints or a Resort Closure Event. So everyone got the exact holiday prime days reserved with no problem. However according to this they can cancel your priority days based on capacity? We have no idea what the caps are? How the fck can you plan anyting or am i reading this all wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    I am completely paranoid now with this whole thing. Lets look at what we know or how i perceive it. Not one date out yet is unavailable at any of the resorts, zero. XMAS week at Stowe, whistler, vail etc.. ? Once you book your 7 priority days you lose out on that option for refund as a way out. I just re read the fine print under refunds. A “Priority Reservation Cancellation Event” occurs when Vail Resorts cancels one or more of your Priority Reservation Days as a result of capacity constraints or a Resort Closure Event. So everyone got the exact holiday prime days reserved with no problem. However according to this they can cancel your priority days based on capacity? We have no idea what the caps are? How the fck can you plan anyting or am i reading this all wrong?
    Quite frankly,if you don’t have a completely open Cancellation/refund option on hotels etc I wouldn’t be making any plans for more than a week out.

Has anybody gotten their pass in the mail yet? I uploaded my photo and set up my account weeks ago and haven't gotten anything, hoping to use the pass this weekend...

I was told that the pass could be picked up at any Vail resort.

So its fair to expect the ticket offices to be mobbed opening weekend?

Just use your old pass
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I don't have an old pass, its my first time going Epic

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Just use your old pass
    I don't think the RIFD robots would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Quite frankly,if you don’t have a completely open Cancellation/refund option on hotels etc I wouldn’t be making any plans for more than a week out.
    This.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I was told that the pass could be picked up at any Vail resort.
    so all this bs about being covid safe and the first thing they want you to do is pack into a season pass office. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    so all this bs about being covid safe and the first thing they want you to do is pack into a season pass office. Brilliant.
    I called about this and spent an hour on hold and this was the answer they gave

Well, no. I hope. Although it's Vail. They dont seem to be on top of a lot of shit these days. I was happy to talk to a human. I would suggest that, if this a concern, go midweek late to pick up your pass, and hold your breath. I agree, sounds like a lot more dangerous than my recent DMV visit, but, I had to schedule three weeks ahead for that.

At least at Keystone this past weekend, they had outdoor ticket windows where it looked like people were picking up passes.

They'll probably limit the amount of people allowed inside, like has been normal practice pretty much everywhere. It's about risk mitigation, not elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Has anybody gotten their pass in the mail yet? I uploaded my photo and set up my account weeks ago and haven't gotten anything, hoping to use the pass this weekend...
    My pass came in the mail this past Saturday.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Entire pass site crash. Epic. Totally unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Entire pass site crash. Epic. Totally unexpected.
    I'm at least in the waiting room. Guess we will find out soon if I can ski on turkey day or not.

Everyone trying to get the few Stowe opening spots, lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.46.01 PM.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	348574
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm at least in the waiting room. Guess we will find out soon if I can ski on turkey day or not.
    Ditto.

Number of users in line ahead of you: 39444
    Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour
    Are we going to have to go through this wait time bullshit every Wed. afternoon? That's going to fuck a lot of people who just can't sit in front of a computer.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 11-18-2020 at 03:39 PM.

I had 16k people in front of me, but I got in and I was able to reserve every day I wanted over the Thanksgiving week. Bring on the WROD!

I just logged in at 2:40 and there were 28,000 ppl in front of me, and approx 20 min wait.

Quote Originally Posted by barkcity View Post
    I had 16k people in front of me, but I got in and I was able to reserve every day I wanted over the Thanksgiving week. Bring on the WROD!
    Same here. At the risk of saying something nice about Vail, this isn't a terrible system so long as you can sit at a computer during the right window of time, and it beats most available alternatives.

Anyone skiing Park city this weekend? Any idea what the terrain is going to look like?