Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Freedom = nothing left to lose
    Can I keep my skis? One pair at least?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Dang, hadn't even thought of that
    You're going to have to postpone that until 2021-22. Clench up.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The best way is to pound enough coffee in the morning so that a pre-ski shitski is unavoidable. Getting that out of the way is of paramount importance if I want to enjoy a day on the slopes.

I also simply refuse to let my bare ass touch a cold surface, especially when wearing ski boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes I do. If you empower and reward it. Lifties have power... Over the lift! I saw a lifty shut the lift off when some biker decided he would ignore the lifty telling him to wear a mask. Lifty asked if he would wear a mask or should he hotlist his pass. Guy said sorry and put on a mask.

If you give people power to accomplish what you want and back them up, and it's in their interest, they'll do it.
    Fuck yeah that is awesome to hear. I remember that Bridger video and it pisses me off. Really, businesses should have paid security guys ready to take pleasure in physically dealing with loudmouth non-compliant assholes.

Epic's new rules mitigate the spread of any coronavirus that might happen to enter the resort, but I'm surprised they don't even try to prevent coronavirus from entering the resort every day in the first place. I wonder if many Epic customers will be sensitive to that, once they realize that fellow skiers in the maze are allowed to be there even while they KNOW their positive test results indicate they are infected with coronavirus.

Maggots could enter the Vail lift mazes wearing shirts that say "I tested positive, but Vail lets me ski on the days when I feel no symptoms" (which is what Epic's rules seem to allow). After getting that message out, I wonder how many Epic customers would be like "What? I had no idea Vail would allow infected people like that. I'm not comfy to rely on just masks & 6ft, when these guys next to me KNOW they're infected. I hate this rule. I'm leaving and not coming back!" Then maybe less crowds, easier to get reservations.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    My biggest skiing worry this season is scheduling my morning shit.
    Bumper Dumper FTW!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I wonder if many Epic customers will be sensitive to that, once they realize that fellow skiers in the maze are allowed to be there even while they KNOW their positive test results indicate they are infected with coronavirus.
    I think the amount of people who would actually go out in public knowing they had an active case of the 'rona is very, very small. I wouldn't worry about this for a minute.

...and that's what the everyone-wearing-a-mask-and-staying-2-metres-apart is for.

I had legit diarhea at aspen last feb. Felt the rumbles on the gents ridge chair, got off and it was a race to the bottom. Had those bathrooms not been open I would have definitely shit myself. Considering the condition of those toilets I think it's fair to say I wouldn't have been alone.

Bathrooms will be provided, somehow. Brown snow never looks good on a ski resort operator.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I think the amount of people who would actually go out in public knowing they had an active case of the 'rona is very, very small. I wouldn't worry about this for a minute.

...and that's what the everyone-wearing-a-mask-and-staying-2-metres-apart is for.
    It's very, very small but has proven to be non-zero. And yes, if everyone is wearing an effective* mask and 2 meters apart, the transmission risk probably drops near enough to zero to be a non-issue. But most of the issues that ski areas are grappling with revolve around situations where maintaining that two-meter spacing is either impracticable or impossible.

*: i.e. properly fitted, and of a material and layer that does a reasonable job reducing viral spread; the latter being a standard we don't have reliable data on at this point

The I70 shit show is going to become more literal.
    The Idaho Springs McDonalds, Georgetown Visitor Center and Silverthorne 7-11 better upgrade their plumbing pronto.

Think about people who only have mild symptoms and just assume it's something else. They're probably the ones spreading this virus the most because they are most likely to still be going out in public. But I don't see what Vail can do about this that would be practical. Wearing a mask and keeping distance is still the best solution.

I had legit diarhea at aspen last feb. Felt the rumbles on the gents ridge chair, got off and it was a race to the bottom. Had those bathrooms not been open I would have definitely shit myself. Considering the condition of those toilets I think it's fair to say I wouldn't have been alone.

Bathrooms will be provided, somehow. Brown snow never looks good on a ski resort operator.
    Haha, I think we've all had that happen. I swear Steamboat has a severe lack of toilets on mountain.

A large port-a-potty farm at the base or in strategic locations on mountain could solve a lot of problems this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    It's very, very small but has proven to be non-zero. And yes, if everyone is wearing an effective* mask and 2 meters apart, the transmission risk probably drops near enough to zero to be a non-issue. But most of the issues that ski areas are grappling with revolve around situations where maintaining that two-meter spacing is either impracticable or impossible.

*: i.e. properly fitted, and of a material and layer that does a reasonable job reducing viral spread; the latter being a standard we don't have reliable data on at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Think about people who only have mild symptoms and just assume it's something else. They're probably the ones spreading this virus the most because they are most likely to still be going out in public. But I don't see what Vail can do about this that would be practical. Wearing a mask and keeping distance is still the best solution.
    All good points. There's nothing we can do that is risk-free aside from hiding in our homes 24/7. If we want to get out and do things with other people around, a certain degree of risk is required.

Stats show* you are more likely to be injured by an errant snowboarder on the hill than get COVID from a fellow guest.

*I bet.

Shitting yourself in the lift line = social distancing pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ha! Beat me to it! Potential business opportunity: pre-stained clothing with battery activated faux shit scent available at the press of a button.

If shartin in lift lines makes you cool, call me Miles Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If we knew nobody would be skiing who had the virus we wouldn't need masks and distancing, would we?
    The people who go out when they're positive are mostly people who can't afford to stay home from work. But I'm sure there will be some knuckleheads who test positive and use that to get off work and go skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If we knew nobody would be skiing who had the virus we wouldn't need masks and distancing, would we?
    The people who go out when they're positive are mostly people who can't afford to stay home from work. But I'm sure there will be some knuckleheads who test positive and use that to get off work and go skiing.
    WA ski areas will be flooded with geriatrics.

Governors proclamation for 65 and older to allow stay home from work or telework “until the pandemic is over”, can’t get fired either.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    They won’t. They didn’t do it to get schools open (well, in denser areas - not sure what’s up with the Tahoe schools). Why would that change now?
    Summer vacation is over and they are starting to realize, again, that they hate having their kids around all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Thanks for posting the new state website. My bad. I thought placer co was also rated “substantial,” allowing for 25% capacity for indoor dining. I bet the state comes out ski hill guidance/requirements in a month or two.
    Careful with the metric. It is political. SF is listed as Substantial, even though its metric would suggest Widespread. They have a 9.8 positivity rate. Their positivity rate and new cases per 100K are both significantly higher than Santa Cruz, and we are listed as Widespread, even though the metric suggest we should be listed as Substantial. But Gavin was never our mayor, so there is that.

What I really mean, is look at the actual data and just at the governments pretty color coded system. They have fucked this state before and will fuck it again. I highly doubt they will close any ski resorts until they see a few are outbreaks from the bathroom use.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Haha, I think we've all had that happen. I swear Steamboat has a severe lack of toilets on mountain.

A large port-a-potty farm at the base or in strategic locations on mountain could solve a lot of problems this winter.
    Like this?

That just goes to show the Killington skiers really are full of fucking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Like this?

That works until it hit starts hitting real negative temps and they freeze solid. Instant overflowing which also freezes solid pretty fast. Speaking from extensive personal port-a-potty experience in North Dakota.

Also fun when the winds start howling overnight and knock over all said port-a-potties. Ah, yes. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    My biggest skiing worry this season is scheduling my morning shit.
    Get up early, 2 big cups of strong coffee and a big dump before you leave the house is what I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    That just goes to show the Killington skiers really are full of fucking shit.
    Well, no, just the opposite. DunDon helped out with that. Thanks, Don.