Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTH PinkBike?

Talking WTH PinkBike?

Am I the only one who has encounters like this? Everyone wants my $hit half of asking & then over MSRP for theirs'.

SMH
    Name:  A1CAB797-A3D6-4A0E-8212-8B023BFE9B7E.jpeg
Views: 1043
Size:  82.8 KB

I always tell them I'm happy to sell them the whole bike, and they can sell off parts they already have.

Maybe just doesn't want to separate and deal with 2 or more internet buyers vs 1 and being done.

Offer him a playstation 2 or a pit bike in trade.

isnt it just part of the game ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well, is the frame $749 new?
    I’m a little confused.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, is the frame $749 new?
    I’m a little confused.
    Yes the frame is $749 new free shipping, this used x 2 year model is apparently $800.

Whenever I post something for sale on the internet I expect ~80% bullshit responses... EBay, CL, here, Pinkbike, all the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Whenever I post something for sale on the internet I expect ~80% bullshit responses... EBay, CL, here, Pinkbike, all the same...
    To be fair, responses here on TGR seem to be pretty fair... at least bike-related FS ads that are only posted in this forum. That's why I almost always post here first, before dealing with the moronic masses on PB, CL, eBay, FB, etc.

WTH PinkBike?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    To be fair, responses here on TGR seem to be pretty fair... at least bike-related FS ads that are only posted in this forum. That's why I almost always post here first, before dealing with the moronic masses on PB, CL, eBay, FB, etc.
    The problem here is not the stupidity or choosy-beggars you see elsewhere. It’s that we all call dibs on a desirable pair of skis for a great price, then we realize our wife might not like yet another pair of skis in the garage and we back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Agreed. I also always post significantly lower price here for just that reason.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Agreed. I also always post significantly lower price here for just that reason.
    Agreed - its why I sell here if possible. I just need a medium enduro hardtail from someone here

I try to deal local on PB if possible, both as a buyer and seller. That seems to help filter out some of that stuff.

There is a gear swap in Park City. It is very common to see last years bikes listed for more than what they cost new if you do a search. I've often thought about responding with a link to the new item cheaper, but then just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I try to deal local on PB if possible, both as a buyer and seller. That seems to help filter out some of that stuff.
    This. People are a lot less likely to offer you 10% of asking price if they know they'll have to meet you later. Sold 2 items on PB locally yesterday, super smooth transaction, reasonable barter. All the while fending off people who were mad at me cause I wouldn't lower my price by $75 while running to Fedex so I could overnight them a chainring. And selling something else to a mag here in a 0-hassle transaction.

I use PB for larger $ items but usually end up having to ship them. Experience has usually been pretty good. I tend to use Craigslist a lot to avoid shipping. Ignore the lowball offers, anyone who makes an offer in initial email, and put the onus on them to demonstrate they are serious. I usually have good results there with minimal effort. Sometimes it takes a while. Had a couple items up for close to a month, then yesterday got an email about each item. Based on the names I had low expectations but both turned out to be serious and were prompt and no BS. Good day!

WTH PinkBike?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Ignore the lowball offers
    This is what I do. No time allocated to respond to dumbasses

But this also makes me reflect on how nice it is to be at adult financial levels where I don’t have to sell one part to get the new one anymore. There so much less pressure to have to consider dealing with the dumbasses
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    isnt it just part of the game ?
    No
    Quit filling up my inbox, fucker.

In all seriousness this post explains the problem. It's an exchange not a boardgame yo!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    There is a gear swap in Park City. It is very common to see last years bikes listed for more than what they cost new if you do a search. I've often thought about responding with a link to the new item cheaper, but then just move on.
    Here I assume the people paid retail straight up as soon as it came out (didn't wait for the first sale in May, etc)....
    Or a dope build on a bike from 5 years ago for $3k. tough to swallow a 5 year old bike for 3k but then you see how blinged out it is. that's the tough one to balance.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    This is what I do. No time allocated to respond to dumbasses

But this also makes me reflect on how nice it is to be at adult financial levels where I don’t have to sell one part to get the new one anymore. There so much less pressure to have to consider dealing with the dumbasses
    Yes. Now that I can afford to pay more for hobbies, I buy what I want the first time, use it as much as I can, and sell for cheap locally when I'm done with it. I hope that the people get to see it first, find it acceptable, be happy with the deal, and when I run into them out on the trail or slope, they are still happy with the deal.

Just sold my '15 Spartan for $2k locally. Blinged out when I bought it, maintained it, and sold with fresh rubber, suspension service, cassette and chain, and brake bleed. The guy was stoked and it I saved a bunch of time not dealing with internet people and boxing and shipping. Maybe could have got more but super easy transaction, dude was stoked, and he showed up with cash.

Buddy of mine just bought a used '19 bike on PB sold "as new" condition. The bike wasn't the sized listed, needed a new der., fork upper, bleed, and the frame had a bunch of scratches and dings in the carbon. The bike came boxed with no padding and the axles sticking out of the box when delivered. Spent three weeks going back and forth with the guy who eventually paid for the repairs but the frame is still scratched up. Lame.

I haven't had any luck selling complete bikes or frames on Pinkbike, but have sold a lot components there. I've sold 1 on Craigslist, the rest go out through word of mouth to friends, friends of friends, or family.

But yeah, I strongly prefer to sell parts here. I list them what they are actually worth, and people pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    No
    Quit filling up my inbox, fucker.

In all seriousness this post explains the problem. It's an exchange not a boardgame yo!
    well if you post on PB expecting low balls and BS

you won't be dissapointed when you get low balls and BS
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Here I assume the people paid retail straight up as soon as it came out (didn't wait for the first sale in May, etc)....
    Or a dope build on a bike from 5 years ago for $3k. tough to swallow a 5 year old bike for 3k but then you see how blinged out it is. that's the tough one to balance.
    This. Been looking for a new to me bike on PB and found a 2016 (apparently build/components are 2017) Santa Cruz 5010 CC, asking $3500, tough to swallow but clean ride. If you know the bike lemme know if $3500 is fair ��
    water is the driving force of all nature

Quote Originally Posted by present tense View Post
    This. Been looking for a new to me bike on PB and found a 2016 (apparently build/components are 2017) Santa Cruz 5010 CC, asking $3500, tough to swallow but clean ride. If you know the bike lemme know if $3500 is fair ��
    Backcountry has the 5010 for 2300. Buy it & hit ur buds up for the rest. I’m sure the collective can support ya.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Backcountry has the 5010 for 2300. Buy it & hit ur buds up for the rest. I’m sure the collective can support ya.
    ha solid plan, I thought I had checked steepandcheap but didn’t look at BC
    water is the driving force of all nature