Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    My remark was consistent with his Democratic Governors=bad...
    Mayor... Not Governor. Fuck me. Keep up.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Seriously, way to harp on low hanging fruit. Not unexpected in the TRGs, but come on, the fastest growing region in the country for who knows how long isn’t doing it by replicating Cletuses.

Fuck off with that simple minded bullshit.
    "Simple minded" pretty much sums up The Padded Room.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Seriously, way to harp on low hanging fruit. Not unexpected in the TRGs, but come on, the fastest growing region in the country for who knows how long isn’t doing it by replicating Cletuses.

Fuck off with that simple minded bullshit.
    I know you feel the need to stand up for the south because you live there, but come on man. Fastest growing? Nope. Definitely not TN. And the south has spent hundreds of years carefully crafting their image into what it is now. You aren't going to just change that image overnight because a few smart people moved to one of the metropolitan areas.

I don’t feel the need to stand up for anything. If you’ve read anything I post here it’s that I’m quick to point out the time honored tradition of geographic-hubris and writing off entire regions of the country because you’re too lazy to think past a stereotype.

Hugh was a master at calling it out.

And a quick google shows most of the fastest growing cities are in the south with Seattle and Denver mixed in too but that’s for another thread.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I know you feel the need to stand up for the south because you live there, but come on man. Fastest growing? Nope. Definitely not TN. And the south has spent hundreds of years carefully crafting their image into what it is now. You aren't going to just change that image overnight because a few smart people moved to one of the metropolitan areas.
    Yeah. Nashville is such a sleepy town these days....

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Yeah. Nashville is such a sleepy town these days....

Lol.
    Where did I say that? I was there last year. I know Nashville isn't a small town anymore. I also know that during a global pandemic, inside a bar on broadway is probably the last place you would find me.

Look, I grew up in the south. My family are those well educated folks that make your argument even half way viable, and they've been there for hundreds of years. The south has many redeeming qualities, but there are some very good reasons why these things that that you consider stereotypes persist. I would call it a reputation more than a stereotype. You'll find many examples to dispute this reputation, mostly in the cities, but get outside the major metropolitan areas, and there it is in your face. Is it evolving into something better? Maybe, but it ain't there yet.

^When you un-redact your name we'll begin to take your shit seriously here. Until then...
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Where did I say that? I was there last year. I know Nashville isn't a small town anymore. I also know that during a global pandemic, inside a bar on broadway is probably the last place you would find me.

Look, I grew up in the south. My family are those well educated folks that make your argument even half way viable, and they've been there for hundreds of years. The south has many redeeming qualities, but there are some very good reasons why these things that that you consider stereotypes persist. I would call it a reputation more than a stereotype. You'll find many examples to dispute this reputation, mostly in the cities, but get outside the major metropolitan areas, and there it is in your face. Is it evolving into something better? Maybe, but it ain't there yet.
    Gotta agree with most of this. Outside those metro areas in the south, there has even been some regression based on my last visits to home. I recall growing up and being taught diversity was a strength, even in the schools and community. Yet I have my doubts if that is emphasized as much these days for the kids in my home community.

I've only driven through the rural south a couple times. If the "Betes got you down? Call..." billboards are any indication of the view of personal health there, yeah, I can see Covid being an issue.

Mayor... Not Governor. Fuck me. Keep up.
    i don't give 2 fucts. it was about D's, bad bad bad, grow up

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    grow up
    How about you don't be so old and pay attention to the discussion at hand.

In this case it actually matters whose who.

The Governor just shit on the Mayor's request for $85B in COVID aid while the Mayor was simultaneously hiding the real numbers of cases.

If that's how you like your politicians... Im not sure what to say.

It's pretty dangerous to just blindly follow someone because they are on your team. But that's pretty much TGR in a nutshell.

Name:  covid sitting vs walking.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  27.5 KB

The Governor just shit on the Mayor's request for $85B in COVID aid while the Mayor was simultaneously hiding the real numbers of cases.
    $85B?? for a small city? Must be a typo. Should be $85M?

Just came across this little follow up to the article in Bobby's previous posts:

Fox & Friends’ Apologizes for Running False Story on Nashville Coronavirus ‘Cover-Up’
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-frien...151254587.html

Like I said, Fox news affiliate making shit up to support their agenda in a red state. These people are so fucking predictable.

Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy on Monday morning issued an apology for his show having run with a since-retracted story falsely accusing Nashville’s Democratic mayor of engaging in a coronavirus cover-up, admitting that the mayor did not conceal information from the public as alleged.

Last week, a supposed bombshell by a local Fox affiliate in Nashville set the conservative media ecosystem on fire. According to the report by Fox 17—a Sinclair-owned station—the mayor’s office allegedly covered up numbers that showed relatively low spread of COVID-19 in bars and restaurants. The clear implication of the story was that the city was hiding the data in order to justify its coronavirus lockdown orders on public businesses.

The story, which focused on a selective misreading of emails, was quickly picked up by large right-wing digital outlets such as The Daily Wire and Breitbart and soon found its way to Fox News’ pro-Trump opinion shows. Tucker Carlson—who has become one of the network’s loudest coronavirus skeptics— kicked off his show on Thursday with the story, claiming the Fox 17 report was “conclusive proof” that Nashville officials hid key health stats “for no justifiable reason,” while explicitly calling for Mayor John Cooper’s impeachment.

His Fox primetime colleague Laura Ingraham also jumped on the report, claiming it exposed “a sinister COVID cover-up,” comparing it to something “you’d expect from communist China” or “Soviet Russia.” The following morning, Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade insisted the emails were proof that “they lied” while saying Cooper “has to resign yesterday.”

Fox 17’s explosive report, however, was quickly and easily debunked by other media outlets. The data about the low number of cases at the time tied to bars and restaurants was disclosed at a July 2 press conference. A local Nashville reporter also published a story on the numbers back on August 4. Eventually, the station fully retracted the story.

“In a segment that aired earlier this week, we incorrectly asserted that Mayor Cooper's office withheld COVID-19 data from the public, which implied that there had been a cover up,” the station said in a statement. “We want to clarify that we do not believe there was any cover-up, and we apologize for the error and oversight in our reporting.”

“We continue to have questions about the level of transparency that the government showed to the restaurant and bar industry—whose livelihood was on the line,” the statement continued. “As journalists, we will continue to ask those questions and hold elected officials accountable.”
    Everything is a conspiracy to the republicans, except the one thing that is right in front of their faces, their own leader and his news outlets.

One of my sales people was saying yesterday that she had heard some of the large liquor distributors were going to start sourcing those outdoor dining bubbles and then logoing them similar to the Cinzano or Aperol umbrellas that you see on outdoor cafe tables.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Just came across this little follow up to the article in Bobby's previous posts:

Fox & Friends’ Apologizes for Running False Story on Nashville Coronavirus ‘Cover-Up’
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-frien...151254587.html

Like I said, Fox news affiliate making shit up to support their agenda in a red state. These people are so fucking predictable.

Everything is a conspiracy to the republicans, except the one thing that is right in front of their faces, their own leader and his news outlets.

...and when the conspiracy theory they have been shouting about gets exposed as false, they get quiet really quick (or move on to their next conspiracy theory). I bet you'll get crickets from Bobby following your fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    ...and when the conspiracy theory they have been shouting about gets exposed as false, they get quiet really quick (or move on to their next conspiracy theory). I bet you'll get crickets from Bobby following your fact checking.
    Still a lot of confusion on why bars were kept close on Broadway when there were so few cases. Then a complete about face after this email deal and bars were allowed to open again...

Our last Mayor had to resign for having trouble telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    T"I'm going to blame a woman who was shot in her sleep, and claim that it was her fault because she had bad taste in men"? Get some empathy man.
    You are quite the pot calling the kettle black. Fact checking indeed.