Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    For reopening bars resulting in a COVID-19 spike in San Diego?
    Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It's weird, we've had open restaurants and bars here in North Idaho since May, and we've only had 200 cases of covid since the pandemic started in our county. I've been eating out and grabbing beers since June and so far so good. Indoor and outdoor seating is open. I'm not sure how to explain it. Perhaps it's the low population density? Maybe we have a hidden population of sick people? Mask use isn't very prevalent either.
    maybe it’s the restaurant’s and bars where you live have done a decent job with staff/ dealing with it and/or the numbers aren’t there? From what I’ve noticed so far is a few bars/restaurants will get it bad (like >100 linked cases) a few more will have a handful of cases, and the rest will be fine.

Population density seems to favor red States.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    maybe it’s the restaurant’s and bars where you live have done a decent job with staff/ dealing with it and/or the numbers aren’t there? From what I’ve noticed so far is a few bars/restaurants will get it bad (like >100 linked cases) a few more will have a handful of cases, and the rest will be fine.
    There seems to be a big emphasis on cleaning common spaces, tables, etc between patrons at any of the places I go but I'm also thinking maybe the population is so small that from a probability stand point there's so few people with virus, that the chances of it taking off aren't that high due to limited exposure?

There are definitely some gross divebars in town that don't clean up and I'm surprised (especially since they are mostly patronized by chain smoking alcoholics) that they haven't been more a vector.

Maybe it's because we all had it in February when the local tech company had an international business summit (with a lot of visitors from Asia) and everyone was really sick for weeks afterward? And we have achieved herd immunity? Like Sweden bro.

Or it's because this is solidly Orange Man country and the virus doesn't exist here?

It's not due to social distance or masks... the bars and restaurants are packed, and mask use seems to hover around < 25%?

https://www.fox13now.com/news/corona...covid-19-cases

Sorry wrong thread can't delete from phone.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    There seems to be a big emphasis on cleaning common spaces, tables, etc between patrons at any of the places I go but I'm also thinking maybe the population is so small that from a probability stand point there's so few people with virus, that the chances of it taking off aren't that high due to limited exposure?
    Young douches are the problem for bars near me, not old drunks. You have to get to 20 on th3 rankings before median age leaves the 20s
    • Rounders – Mankato – 117 cases – median age 22
    • The Pickled Loon – St. Cloud – 116 cases – median age 21
    • Cowboy Jack's – Minneapolis – 74 cases – median age 24
    • The 507 – Mankato – 72 cases – median age 22
    • The Underground – Mankato – 70 cases – median age 23
    • The Kollege Klub – Minneapolis – 66 cases – median age 21

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Young douches are the problem for bars near me, not old drunks. You have to get to 20 on th3 rankings before median age leaves the 20s
    Yep, and look at the outbreaks in Iowa City almost all related to students in the bars. I heard that was one of the largest outbreaks of the pandemic on a global scale. Nuts. But kids don't care, they figure they'll just get over it. Can't get laid if you don't go out. I actually overheard a couple students discussing how hard it is to hit on girls when they are wearing masks. You can't tell what they look like..."might have a horse mouth" one of them said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Nashville.
    meh, a confederate state, open wide

It's weird, we've had open restaurants and bars here in North Idaho since May, and we've only had 200 cases of covid since the pandemic started in our county. I've been eating out and grabbing beers since June and so far so good. Indoor and outdoor seating is open. I'm not sure how to explain it. Perhaps it's the low population density? Maybe we have a hidden population of sick people? Mask use isn't very prevalent either.
    Well, ID has a population of 1.7m, OR has a population of 4.2m, ID has had 434 deaths, OR has had 521 deaths. Data shows lots more death per m. OR 124, ID 243.

I'm essential. Never took a day off work and never stopped going to restaurants. No issues. Just my experience. Must be different here.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    My Mother in law, Brother in law and his family all live in TN. My brother in law is a nuclear engineer that can’t usually tell us what he’s working on, they all live in Oak Ridge. We’ve visited a few times, nice area. Not all of TN is banjo playing.

I’ve been amazed at how low our rates were this summer in Jackson with the visitation #’s breaking records.
    About half of the restaurants have distanced seating and the other half are takeout. the ones that could claim a little extra outdoor space have done well. masks are required, and while you don’t have to wear one when eating, all the waitstaff do.
    Maybe we’ve just been lucky but the mitigation measures have appeared to work.
    It will be a different situation this winter when it’s cold AF though.
    Outdoor heaters and down suit futures

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    My Mother in law, Brother in law and his family all live in TN. My brother in law is a nuclear engineer that can’t usually tell us what he’s working on, they all live in Oak Ridge. We’ve visited a few times, nice area. Not all of TN is banjo playing.
    Its easier for some to generalize and stereotype certain demographics. Keeps from having to think hard.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Extremely democratic city. Congratulations on showing your complete lack of education on the topic.

Lol.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I’ve been amazed at how low our rates were this summer in Jackson with the visitation #’s breaking records.
    About half of the restaurants have distanced seating and the other half are takeout. the ones that could claim a little extra outdoor space have done well. masks are required, and while you don’t have to wear one when eating, all the waitstaff do.
    Maybe we’ve just been lucky but the mitigation measures have appeared to work.
    It will be a different situation this winter when it’s cold AF though.
    Outdoor heaters and down suit futures

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Must be luck...

Seriously, way to harp on low hanging fruit. Not unexpected in the TRGs, but come on, the fastest growing region in the country for who knows how long isn’t doing it by replicating Cletuses.

Fuck off with that simple minded bullshit.
    I still call it The Jake.

Must be luck...
    Jeez Snarking me out even while I’m basically agreeing with you.

I guess that’s your jam so jam on
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Jeez Snarking me out even while I’m basically agreeing with you.

I guess that’s your jam so jam on
    Saying its luck?

I know we have a hard crowd here but man up a touch.

Eating in restaurants?

i guess it was a predictable response. but no worries i’ll just converse with everyone else
    skid luxury

My remark was consistent with his Democratic Governors=bad...

Extremely democratic city. Congratulations on showing your complete lack of education on the topic.

Lol.
    right back at ya pal, with your D comment,

Or it's because this is solidly Orange Man country and the virus doesn't exist here?
    Trump's China virus, while highly infectious, doesn't kill healthy adults or children *. I bet a lot of your neighbors already have / had this shit and who's to know. This is in contrast to Obama's Mexican virus (i.e., H1N1) that may have, to date, killed twice as many people, kids included, and may have infected close to ten times (10X) as many people # in the initial one year period, but was deliberately downplayed at the highest federal level.

Your county is doing it rightly- keep a reasonable distance and do not touch everything in sight. Masks are generally worthless, (except on ugly people, of course, in which case the use ought to strongly encouraged) and serve only as the politico-fashion accessory for society's tools, who are, regrettably, legion.

BTW, a vaccine raised against H1N1 was made available not too long following the World Health Organization declaration that that virus created a pandemic.

* I'm talking in terms of populations here- I am aware that some adults and children appeared to have succumbed solely to this bitch.

# Of course I can only refer to actual reported numbers for both events, however, as the Mexican virus was not politicized so much, it is difficult to ascertain whether or not those numbers were augmented. I'm fairly certain that the CDC has the relevant info, but those data will never be analyzed any time soon, if ever.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Trump's China virus, while highly infectious, doesn't kill healthy adults or children *. I bet a lot of your neighbors already have / had this shit and who's to know. This is in contrast to Obama's Mexican virus (i.e., H1N1) that may have, to date, killed twice as many people, kids included, and may have infected close to ten times (10X) as many people # in the initial one year period, but was deliberately downplayed at the highest federal level.

Your county is doing it rightly- keep a reasonable distance and do not touch everything in sight. Masks are generally worthless, (except on ugly people, of course, in which case the use ought to strongly encouraged) and serve only as the politico-fashion accessory for society's tools, who are, regrettably, legion.

BTW, a vaccine raised against H1N1 was made available not too long following the World Health Organization declaration that that virus created a pandemic.

* I'm talking in terms of populations here- I am aware that some adults and children appeared to have succumbed solely to this bitch.

# Of course I can only refer to actual reported numbers for both events, however, as the Mexican virus was not politicized so much, it is difficult to ascertain whether or not those numbers were augmented. I'm fairly certain that the CDC has the relevant info, but those data will never be analyzed any time soon, if ever.
    Citations please
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Tennessee welcomes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Tennessee welcomes you.

Thats the thing about private property. You can do what you want.

A solid "E" for effort though. Lol.

It's currently covered in pink paint.