Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB: Forks - 100-120mm, 1-1/8 straight steerer

So... anybody holding? I need a couple replacement forks for my kids' 26" bikes and definitely don't want to spend a bunch of $$ 'cause one of 'em is gonna outgrow his bike and the other one is going to break his bike.

I the meantime, I'd like to get semi-functional forks on the bikes to replace the one leaking oil/with blown damper and the other, which is a 20yo RS SID. Holy noodly piece of shit, Batman.

So anybody got any of these relic forks around that they might be willing to sell to an old fool to fix some young fools' bikes?

One down... one to go.

Come on - NOBODY is sitting on an old 1-1/8 fork that they would love to get rid of for a song??

Shit dude, I tossed out a Marzocchi a few weeks back cause I was sick of trying to give it away.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Shit dude, I tossed out a Marzocchi a few weeks back cause I was sick of trying to give it away.
    GODDAMMIT!

And one of the bikes that needs one of these forks just happens to be in Bozeman.

FTMFL

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    lemme check the gear heap...

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    lemme check the gear heap...
    Sounds kinda like my "bike box"... which, sadly, has pretty much everything *except* a fork presently.

I’ve got an 80mm Marz MX Comp I actually paid good money for recently but it didn’t suit my project.

$50 shipped? That’ll cover actual shipping and my time and a sixer. I paid $100+shipping. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1598141373.874533.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	396.9 KB 
ID:	337865
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I’ve got an 80mm Marz MX Comp I actually paid good money for recently but it didn’t suit my project.

$50 shipped? That’ll cover actual shipping and my time and a sixer. I paid $100+shipping. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1598141373.874533.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	396.9 KB 
ID:	337865
    Hot damn! Sold. PM me and we can sort out the details...

And who says forums are a useless waste of time...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

A bit nicer than what I tossed in the trash.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hot damn! Sold. PM me and we can sort out the details...
    Shit Man, just remembered, I think this is a 1” steerer tube. Part of why I couldn’t use it. I’ll double check tomorrow. Might be able to source an adaptor? Pretty sure that’s what that shim is about though.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Shit Man, just remembered, I think this is a 1” steerer tube. Part of why I couldn’t use it. I’ll double check tomorrow. Might be able to source an adaptor? Pretty sure that’s what that shim is about though.
    Yikes... I'll probably pass - how the hell did you find a 1" steerer fork?!?

Talk about a unicorn...

On the bright side - that fork is probably worth a small fortune to some buyer out there. Finding that buyer will be the trick.

Yikes... I'll probably pass - how the hell did you find a 1" steerer fork?!?

Talk about a unicorn...

On the bright side - that fork is probably worth a small fortune to some buyer out there. Finding that buyer will be the trick.
    So I measured it, it’s 1”. Sorry to get your hopes up. I’ll keep an eye out. I would definitely check out the Pinkbike classifieds. You can filter by wheel size, travel, and axle configuration.

I have one, but it's a 150mm travel Marzocchi. Have a 15yo Santa Cruz Heckler frame I was going to build up for my kids, but never get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I have one, but it's a 150mm travel Marzocchi. Have a 15yo Santa Cruz Heckler frame I was going to build up for my kids, but never get around to it.
    Hmmm... interesting. What model and how much you want for that one? Thing2 is on my old Reign, and it has a clapped, yet still functional Revelation 150.

ETA: Thru-axle or QR? If thru... 20 or 15?

I should have a 120mm manitou, 1-1/8", in great functional shape. Quick look did not locate it, but I don't remember getting rid of it. If I find it, it's yours for shipping plus cost of one six pack.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    I should have a 120mm manitou, 1-1/8", in great functional shape. Quick look did not locate it, but I don't remember getting rid of it. If I find it, it's yours for shipping plus cost of one six pack.
    Is that one a QR version? I'd appreciate it greatly if you scare it up!

Hmmm... interesting. What model and how much you want for that one? Thing2 is on my old Reign, and it has a clapped, yet still functional Revelation 150.

ETA: Thru-axle or QR? If thru... 20 or 15?
    It's a Bomber, but I'll have to check specifics. 20mm thru axle. Had on a Reign X at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    It's a Bomber, but I'll have to check specifics. 20mm thru axle. Had on a Reign X at one time.
    Shit... current wheel is 15mm.

Is that one a QR version? I'd appreciate it greatly if you scare it up!
    It's a regular old QR (like a road bike) - no thru-axel. Let me know if that will work, as I'll have to do some excavation of shit in the garage (totally willing to do, but will pass if you can't use it).

I'm reasonably certain I have a Fox from the all-springs-no-air and 9mm QR days that's never been used with an uncut steerer tube (which is probably steel). I can't remember what the travel is, but I have a faint recollection that it might be adjustable.

If so, it's in my parents' garage, and I'm going there tomorrow. The price would be $0.00

I could be interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    It's a regular old QR (like a road bike) - no thru-axel. Let me know if that will work, as I'll have to do some excavation of shit in the garage (totally willing to do, but will pass if you can't use it).
    Yeah - the two *really* old bikes need QR forks. So I'm in if you're still willing.

The "just old" bike has a 15mm thru-axle and semi-functional fork... so I'm not terribly motivated to do anything with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'm reasonably certain I have a Fox from the all-springs-no-air and 9mm QR days that's never been used with an uncut steerer tube (which is probably steel). I can't remember what the travel is, but I have a faint recollection that it might be adjustable.

If so, it's in my parents' garage, and I'm going there tomorrow. The price would be $0.00
    Dammit - that would work as well... assuming it's not over 120mm of travel...

I'll post up the details tomorrow (if I can find it in the giant pile of 'junk I'm saving for never')