Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'm reasonably certain I have a Fox from the all-springs-no-air and 9mm QR days that's never been used with an uncut steerer tube (which is probably steel). I can't remember what the travel is, but I have a faint recollection that it might be adjustable.

If so, it's in my parents' garage, and I'm going there tomorrow. The price would be $0.00
    Shit - that would fit my Sutra LTD. I’ll get
    in line.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - the two *really* old bikes need QR forks. So I'm in if you're still willing.

The "just old" bike has a 15mm thru-axle and semi-functional fork... so I'm not terribly motivated to do anything with that one.
    Well fuck, I must have set that thing free some while back. Can't find it where I thought it was, or in any of the too-many boxes of bike shit I've got kicking around (parts dating back as far as 1939, lol).

Sorry for the tease, whish I could've hooked you up.

Thanks for checking, mang.

Aqui esta

It's a Vanilla R 130. The travel can be reduced to 100 by moving a spacer. I don't think you can get any other travel without parts (that are probably hard to get at this point)

Aqui esta

It's a Vanilla R 130. The travel can be reduced to 100 by moving a spacer. I don't think you can get any other travel without parts (that are probably hard to get at this point)
    Sold! I'll PM you to sort out the details...

That R 130 still available by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8696.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	338871
    I’ve got this, I think it’s a stance “blunt”. Gotta love the cheesy dope reference. Got it off eBay last year and ended up using a different fork. 8.5 inch streer 20mm axle.

Are there adapters to convert 20mm to 9mm QR? Yes, currently I’m running 26” wheels until I replace some other parts. Secondly, how much do you need for it?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Sounds kinda like my "bike box"... which, sadly, has pretty much everything *except* a fork presently.
    Too many years in a humid shed meant the bottom of my bike box blew out while I was trying to move it. Intensely frustrated, I stared at the pile of mostly useless stuff on the floor for a good 5 minutes (I was high) strongly considering going through it and tossing stuff. Finally, some old frame protector that I'd been looking for caught my eye, so I grabbed it and tossed the rest of the pile into a plastic bin so I don't ever have to deal with that kind of frustration again.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by k2josh View Post
    Are there adapters to convert 20mm to 9mm QR? Yes, currently I’m running 26” wheels until I replace some other parts. Secondly, how much do you need for it?

Yes, there are adapters, but not universal - depends on your hub. The adapter goes into the hub to make it fit 20mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Too many years in a humid shed meant the bottom of my bike box blew out while I was trying to move it. Intensely frustrated, I stared at the pile of mostly useless stuff on the floor for a good 5 minutes (I was high) strongly considering going through it and tossing stuff. Finally, some old frame protector that I'd been looking for caught my eye, so I grabbed it and tossed the rest of the pile into a plastic bin so I don't ever have to deal with that kind of frustration again.
    This post amuses me.

I was wrong, it’s a Sherman evolve SPV. Sadly I have $150 into it so I’m hoping to get $80+shipping.

I actually believe I have a universal one, it’s 100mm wide, not boost.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

WTB: Forks - 100-120mm, 1-1/8 straight steerer

Quote Originally Posted by Ed el Loco View Post
    I was wrong, it’s a Sherman evolve SPV. Sadly I have $150 into it so I’m hoping to get $80+shipping.
    If I can run my 26” wheels I’ll take it! I’ll PM you. I take it this is a WAY better option than the crap on amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I actually believe I have a universal one, it’s 100mm wide, not boost.
    How can I go about getting what I need to make the 26” work for now?

Is your fork 100 or 110 (boost)? Prolly 100 but maybe not. You need to measure it. That Sherman is likely 20x100, so if your wheel is 9mm QRx100 the adaptor I have *should* work.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Is your fork 100 or 110 (boost)? Prolly 100 but maybe not. You need to measure it. That Sherman is likely 20x100, so if your wheel is 9mm QRx100 the adaptor I have *should* work.
    Def standard 100mm. 100% non boost. Wheels or 26” Ditch Witches. Only pic I have remotely close up...

Name:	IMG_2983.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	339099

avid ball bearings!

fyi 20mm forks have always been the oddball and had 110 spacing, boost just moves the disc flanges a bit

ive never seen a universal axle to use with 20mm fork and qr wheel, i dont even know how that would work since all forks use different axle thread standards... are you sure you arent thinking of using a 20mm wheel with a qr fork?

idk maybe im missing something though?

I appreciate the offer on a good deal but I’m thinking I may just stick a 100mm xc fork with 9mm QR on here and ride with my boys around the neighborhood trails. If it sticks I’ll shop for a better bike in general!

avid ball bearings!
    Planning on throwing on the Amazon Shimano MT200 hydros on next!

Aside from being heavy, those avid mechanicals were pretty great BITD, but yeah, hydraulic is obviously better.

WTB: Forks - 100-120mm, 1-1/8 straight steerer

Aside from being heavy, those avid mechanicals were pretty great BITD, but yeah, hydraulic is obviously better.
    This thread is officially hi jacked but here is what I’m working with. And this is from a dude from Alabama who was and still loves skiing. Always tried to break into biking but just never stuck. Now I’m 35 and trying to stay in shape for my young kids. My bike...frame is from a Schwinn I got on clearance at Walmart and basically took any usable parts off of a Hardrock I got for $50 on Craigslist. The Hardrock was way too big. Slowly been buying parts and learning the mechanics of bikes. As it sits the frame is the ONLY Schwinn part on the bike...I have less than $250 in it. I actually thought about a budget 29” wheel set as this frame started life as a 700c hybrid.

Name:	IMG_2092.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	339116

Amazon 1x crank set
    FSA headset
    Avid mechs
    Amazon stem and bars
    microshift shifter & rear der

Everything else robbed from old Hardrock