Thread: BMW X1 2nd gen?

BMW X1 2nd gen?

Any dentists running the 2nd gen xDrive?

The milf mobile has been a 2013 XC60, dead nuts reliable, but now getting up in age and miles. Looking for a replacement in either a used 2017-20 XC40 or possibly the X1. We drove the X1 and we like it, and many more are available in the used market compared to the XC40.

Any comments from the crowd in regards to the 2nd gen X1 reliability and issues? The XC60 is our 5th Volvo, never had a BMW or even considered it other than flogging a rental X5 a few years ago.

I have 1st gen, been happy with it. I cross shopped it with a Subie Cross Trek. X1 won by a long shot, more power, better mileage, much better drive feel. CPO preowned is the way to go, warranty extended to 75,00 miles, free service until 50,000 miles, someone else took depreciation hit. Not super roomy 2cnd gen is much more spacious. Been very reliable up to now, 115k. A little nervous to go to 150K but will see. Only thing that cost me money was the turbo oil feed line. This kind of chapped my ass as the same problem was a warranty extension issue on their more expensive cars. Everything else has been normal wear tires, brake etc. Two expensive maintenance issues are that brake maintenance requires replacing discs and apparently most BMWs have hydraulic ball joints that need replacement and cost over $600 to replace.

To add, I had a Demo XC60 from my independent shop. I thought it drove horribly compared to my car. I don't know how many miles it had on it though.

mrs. jummo (non dentist) has had two X1s, one the previous generation and one current. Both were leased and fairly affordable.
    For what it is, it is a great car. The new model uses its interior space very well. This is in part due to its front drive layout. Very comfortable especially with the sport seats ($400).
    It is quick enough and does a reasonable job of pretending it's not a FWD. Fairly fun to drive but gets confused if you start to push it.
    Reliability has been excellent, no problems at all. Be sure to spend the extra money for the Harmon Kardon stereo or plan on upgrading as the stock unit is not adequate.
    Surprisingly practical, comfortable, and somewhat enjoyable to drive. Excellent road trip car.
    Your results may, of course, vary.
    jummo

I'm a big BMW fan. Research these 2 forums:
    https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/x1...6-current.197/
    https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=502
    And this blog, (he's a fanboy, so he kinda likes all things BMW, but you can read between the lines):
    http://www.bimmerfile.com/section/bmw_models/bmw-x1/

BTW, the X2 is also kinda a Mini Clubman.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Thanks for the links and info, we have a trip planned up to Spokane, might need to bring one home.