Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Couple houses in cool places. Ski/ride/raft/sail.

I would build bike frames.

Hey thankfully I’ve already lived through my hookers and blow phase

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    But mostly I'd like to think I'd spend some time being a quiet generous benefactor for random individuals and go do cool shit. Like I meet some folks on the lift that seem cool and can rip, I tell them to meet me here tomorrow morning because a spot opened up in the heli and just randomly spread happiness on the occasional whim. Or giving a kid a board when it's clear he's just making due with some terrible gear but they have heart. Basically just making people feel like it's their lucky day.
    Something like this!

Show up at old friends places with big wads of cash as gifts. Not to show off but to help friends out who I know need the help.
    Take a bunch of poor ski bums heli skiing.
    Walk into a ski shop and just buy everyone in there whatever they're shopping for.
    Leave really big tips at bars/eateries, just because I can.
    Fund lotsa trail building.
    New bikes for my riding crew buddies.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I beg to differ. I could retire and live the great life on 1/20th of that. I would be living super large and in charge with $150M.
    Yep

I'd be an undercover shopper at every decent restaurant in the world.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I’d try and start an arts community. I’d putter along on some attractive property in some desirable place, enriching local contractors through vanity building projects that they’d mock at the bar. Eventually the community would fail - through benign neglect, or just utter incompetence - then it’d become enmeshed in never ending lawsuits. The newly acquired wife would divorce, I’d take up with an artist in residence who was much younger and hoping to ride my nonexistent coattails. She’d end up sleeping with some other artist(s), I’d be too drunk to care. Eventually there’d be an accident in one of the studios or shops and the whole place would burn. The land would get donated and end up the park it should have been and no one would believe the story at the bar.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 08-19-2020 at 07:28 PM.

How much did it cost those guys in the day of the jackal to hire a contractor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

2 pages and no heli ski?

With hundo millions, I’d like to offer free heli skiing to worthy strangers. Not to mention myself.

Or Buy a private mountain?

Or even a public mountain, with the privilege of early ups on pow days? I could be a kemmerer. Sounds like a fun gig.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Volunteer with any number of 501 c’s?
    This is the correct answer.

I would buy really cool old boats and make them current. Wouldn't really worry about the profit. Just use them for a bit and then sell them. Same with old trucks. Whatever looks cool that I could fix up a bit and then flip for even money or a small profit. I would also build a huge garage somewhere with a clubhouse and pool for hanging out and stock it with old trucks and one or two exotics. I would probably get really really good at golf and kitesurfing too.

Post Lotto Win Employment

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    2 pages and no heli ski?

With hundo millions, I’d like to offer free heli skiing to worthy strangers. Not to mention myself.

Or even a public mountain, with the privilege of early ups on pow days? I could be a kemmerer. Sounds like a fun gig.
    I’d buy Silverton, regardless of what the balance sheet says.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post

I prefer Peter's plan of doing nothing except what he wanted to. That's sure what I would do. Give me peace and quiet and leave me the fuck alone.

I'd spend about 6 weeks a winter at huts in BC, a month in the Alps, and 2-3 weeks in Japan, maybe AK every other year. Then I would ski the deep springtime snowpack in the Cascades under the summer solstice sun. July and early August for beer drinking and toking like Cheech and Chong, Late August-October hiking/backpacking in the region between Lake Louise and Valemount. Into the gym for late October to early December to be prime for ski season.

Stick with the no pets, no plants, no kids, no succubus (excuse me, partner) and live the good life.

Oh, and I would track down Alfa Romeo Spyder just like the one Ben drove in The Graduate to restore and tool around in on nice summer evenings. One of my favorite movies of all time, and certainly influential. "I don't know, I want it to be...different."

In a benevolent mode, it’d be nice to pay off friends’ and deserving people’s mortgages. Be the principal fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’d try and start an arts community. I’d putter along on some attractive property in some desirable place, enriching local contractors through vanity building projects that they’d mock at the bar. Eventually the community would fail - through benign neglect, or just utter incompetence - then it’d become enmeshed in never ending lawsuits. The newly acquired wife would divorce, I’d take up with an artist in residence who was much younger and hoping to ride my nonexistent coattails. She’d end up sleeping with some other artist(s), I’d be too drunk to care. Eventually there’d be an accident in one of the studios or shops and the whole place would burn. The land would get donated and end up the park it should have been and no one would believe the story at the bar.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    2 pages and no heli ski?

I've thought about that a ton. Organize a heli trip for old time Mags only. You get there, the rest is on me. Have TGR film it. I think we should all make a pact.

Edit- with Points North Heli

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Are you there zappos dude?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I’d buy Silverton, regardless of what the balance sheet says.
    was waiting for this from you.......i want heated seat in the heli, and pick up in town

edit: have no idea what i would do. my reasonable dream is to build a disc golf course in mountains somewhere on 40 acres or so. camping with shower house, hold tourneys in summer, ski all winter

Lets get Dean to guide.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Can I be you when I grow up?
    Did I mention my shit smells like roses?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    was waiting for this from you.......i want heated seat in the heli, and pick up in town
    I'd be fine with just the lift.
    If I buy a heli, pickup is at the Billboard.
    I'm not making it that easy for you guys to burn jet fuel!

I’d take care of all the standard stuff like college funds for nieces/ nephews, mortgages for siblings, vacation home and charities. After that I’d take a series of woodworking and wood boatbuilding classes and then build boats and donate them somewhere. Kids are still young so we’d be fairly tied to our current community for another decade before I travel 51 weeks/ year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Finding some really short term jobs with zero responsibility or commitment, paid in cash is cool.

If you can be that who will go on 2hrs notice they call you first.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Personally, meadowskipper annd XXXer won the kind of lottery I wish I could and never will win. I'd rather have that than some millions lotto payday.

I'm with her.
    Thirded.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    In a benevolent mode, it’d be nice to pay off friends’ and deserving people’s mortgages. Be the principal fairy.
    That is exactly what I'd do for friends that are rapidly getting priced out of the real estate market.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I would move to the Tetons, build trail, and ride bikes a bunch.
    Wait a second...

I beg to differ. I could retire and live the great life on 1/20th of that. I would be living super large and in charge with $150M.
    Agreed....avoid the super yachts and investments in major league sports teams and I have a hard time seeing how one could blow $150M.