Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    16 months left and counting for me, MS.......
    FKNA
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I don't think any servers overheated on my watch. That was a long time ago.
    You have servers on your watch? Killer!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Not entirely sure, but there would be a lot of sweet old cars involved.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You have servers on your watch? Killer!
    With $500 million, could I hire Jennifer Aniston for a night and make her wear 20 pieces of flair?
    . . .

I would like to race NASCAR (the trucks), rally cars and/or Baja 1000 - I mean there is always that guy in the back of the pack - so why not me?

Quote Originally Posted by sharcsplean View Post
    I would like to race NASCAR (the trucks), rally cars and/or Baja 1000 - I mean there is always that guy in the back of the pack - so why not me?
    The mag who did that with a beetle will always been one of the most memorable vids I've seen on the board.

Those nascar truck guys drive exactly the same as my buddies who drove trucks in high school. WFO and reckless.

I’d watch.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Hypothetically...

You win an easy $500mil in the lotto.

You buy the beach house, the house at the mountain, the Beechcraft to fly back and forth...

You spend 6mos doing the hookers and blow thing...

Now what? You can’t spend 365days a year on the bike/skis/surf...

What’s that one job you would still work 1 or 2 days a week? Starting building skis? Start welding up bike frames?

Running the riding mower on the Pebble Beach 18th Hole 1 day a week?

For me, not sure... maybe building custom dog houses on commission, only for pups I jive with that can do a solid retrieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nick...Name:  false-your-statement-is-wrong.jpeg
Views: 619
Size:  27.7 KB

Gimme 4 million and enough time to tell my jerb to fuck off and Im in. Screw that gimme 1m and my work will think I wronged the mob and was Hoffa'd until someone finds my TRG handle with the endless string of topnotch TR's from moab, japan, or the superbank, then link it back to me

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I would spend a million annually in a dizzying death spiral of debauchery. Year in, year out.

The rest? I'd hire some people to create a shitton of good paying jobs. Help create opportunities for better lives, families, legacies, communities. Less of a hand out, as a hand up.
    I would only care that it be profitable enough to remain comfortably self-sustaining.

It's been my experience that when you're that valuable, you can have a lot of that other fun stuff for nothing, because people want you around.

I've been a pauper in a prince's land all of my working life. All I ever needed was a good job. I like to work. Expect I always will. My body is a lil' broken too, but whatcha gonna do?

And skiing. Lots of it. The really good kind too.
    I'd rent a heli with Han Solo on the stick and we'd ski laps down in the Snakes all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    No, I don't. I have a hardtail that I cruise around town on, but I never picked up mountain biking in a meaningful way. It doesn't strike me as something with a cost/fun/likelihood of injury ratio that's worthwhile (for me).
    You should get into it. You'd complain about the PNW a lot less if you did. I'm not really trying to be a dick here - the mtbing is truly incredible - something to appreciate in the summer and there is a close parallel between skiing a riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it is expensive AF, but it is absolutely the summer equivalent of backcountry skiing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    wut?

I didn't say mountain biking WAS backcountry skiing, Eeyore. I said it is the summer equivalent. Riding bikes uphill is very much like skinning uphill, being out in the woods, in nature, but grunting and sweating. And just like bc skiing, you get to flow down the hill, and the experience of that does very similar things to the brain. As most mountain bikers/skiers will attest, the feelings are very similar, even if physically the sports are not at all similarly (because yes, sliding down snow on 1 or 2 planks is not the same as rolling down dirt on 2 wheels, I'm surprised you didn't point out those differences too).

But yes, the summer equivalent of backcountry skiing does not include cold and snow and avi danger. Got me there! Bravo!
    They nailed it. The mentality of working your way of the mountain and then the flow and exhilaration is the closest match I have found.

I worry a lot less about my own safety mountain biking; not because it's incredibly safe, but because the numbers seem to suggest that your chance of death is much lower than most alpine backcountry skiing.

True that good bikes are expensive but they also really help the flow and fun of the whole experience.

Post Lotto Win Employment

I’m going to revise my job.

I’d build an inner city sports facility in St. Louis. Baseball diamonds, competition pool, weight room, with a lecture hall and even a study hall. Land in the city is free, so it would be awesome. And I’d give academic scholarships to kids who were not recruited by colleges.

These inner city teams we play right now are surprisingly bad for the athletes they have.

And I’d bring In the best coaches to crush the teams in the burbs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    You should get into it. You'd complain about the PNW a lot less if you did. I'm not really trying to be a dick here - the mtbing is truly incredible - something to appreciate in the summer and there is a close parallel between skiing a riding.

They nailed it. The mentality of working your way of the mountain and then the flow and exhilaration is the closest match I have found.

I worry a lot less about my own safety mountain biking; not because it's incredibly safe, but because the numbers seem to suggest that your chance of death is much lower than most alpine backcountry skiing.

True that good bikes are expensive but they also really help the flow and fun of the whole experience.
    You don't come across like a dick in the least, and even if you did, it would be unscrupulous of me to dish it out and not be able to take it.

The things I dislike about the PNW are as follows: it's too crowded/overpopulated (but I moved here three years ago, so yeah, I'm part of the problem too), I would like a bit more seasonal variation to the weather, and lastly, my job annoys the hell out of me. I'm paid well for what I do, which sure helps, but I deal with shitheads and compulsive liars in the field every day, and coworkers who are about as effective at doing their jobs as a cardboard cutout of a person would be. If I'm not at work or sitting in traffic/stuck behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit, I like it here quite a bit. Sure, I find it a little odd that 8/10 people out here look like they're so bloated they're about to pop at any minute, but whatever.

That being said, one of my favorite things about the PNW is the length of the ski season. It's incredibly easy to ski 8-9 months out of the year here, and to do most of that on pretty darn good quality snow. The skiing out here from late April/early May through July is the stuff (my) dreams are made of. How many places can you live where it is realistic to go skiing after work from late December to the end of June? Or where you can take your pick of 4000+ vertical foot descents that are skiable into July? Or where you can skin from the car for some fun, steep mini golf on the summer solstice? And then there's the fact that we're only a days drive from the Columbia and Kootenay ranges.

I think I would be more inclined to pick up mountain biking in a serious way if I lived somewhere I could only ski 5-6 months a year.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You don't come across like a dick in the least, and even if you did, it would be unscrupulous of me to dish it out and not be able to take it.

The things I dislike about the PNW are as follows: it's too crowded/overpopulated (but I moved here three years ago, so yeah, I'm part of the problem too), I would like a bit more seasonal variation to the weather, and lastly, my job annoys the hell out of me. I'm paid well for what I do, which sure helps, but I deal with shitheads and compulsive liars in the field every day, and coworkers who are about as effective at doing their jobs as a cardboard cutout of a person would be. If I'm not at work or sitting in traffic/stuck behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit, I like it here quite a bit. Sure, I find it a little odd that 8/10 people out here look like they're so bloated they're about to pop at any minute, but whatever.

That being said, one of my favorite things about the PNW is the length of the ski season. It's incredibly easy to ski 8-9 months out of the year here, and to do most of that on pretty darn good quality snow. The skiing out here from late April/early May through July is the stuff (my) dreams are made of. How many places can you live where it is realistic to go skiing after work from late December to the end of June? Or where you can take your pick of 4000+ vertical foot descents that are skiable into July? Or where you can skin from the car for some fun, steep mini golf on the summer solstice? And then there's the fact that we're only a days drive from the Columbia and Kootenay ranges.

I think I would be more inclined to pick up mountain biking in a serious way if I lived somewhere I could only ski 5-6 months a year.
    That’s funny, while I appreciate the long season I prefer to ride from May onward. It’s definitely unique to have snow so much of the year, I’m just in love with winter snow vs spring/summer snow. Amusing that snow quality isn’t a complaint - I tend to agree. It’s super variable but the good days are great. I love the northwest winter (when you are in the mountains) and the temperate climate. I can see the desire for colder winter and hotter summers but can relate more to a mushroom than a sagebrush.

The population and traffic are definitely something to contend with. Hacking your commute is key and a lot of people have it pretty bad - I just started biking 34 miles RT to the office much of last year because it didn’t take that much longer than driving sometimes! Work has always been pretty good for me here - I guess that makes a big difference no matter where you live.

Bloating.... it must be all the tofu.

I’d be a judge for blow job competitions. Ladies competition only.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So, you like to watch?

I'd probably mostly go off grid and disappear into the woodwork somewhere there's water, skiing and mtb right out the door. I have no idea where that is. The other option would be to buy up all of the suburban ski areas around the country and run a series of year round outdoor play zones with ski, mtb, adventure parks stuff and whatever else fits on the land. Between the ones that are currently in business and all of the potential NELSAP type areas they'd offer a ton of jobs doing fun things that have the potential to pay well enough. If you work out the right formula it might even make some money which would be nice because I don't think I'd really want to be too hands on but rather be providing jobs and resources to those local communities.

The cool vehicle collection is a given.

Philanthropy is a very easy job, especially if you can afford to lose the money. Investing in the arts sports and activities you enjoy keep your mind active and offers a sense of self accomplishment. I wouldn’t mind devoting time to creating urban gardens and organic food opportunities (organoponics) for poor urban communities. Sort of like what is going on in present-day Cuba
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 08-23-2020 at 02:12 PM.

I would buy the ranch land surrounding my parents place and/or the original family homestead now owned by a distant cousin. Assuming any money left over after that convert them into bison ranch that I hire someone to run. Also pay someone to build a mtb trail system on them.

I'd buy a farm. Either that or build some cool little mountain cabins and GC them myself.
    Live Free or Die

Philanthropy, of course. Start a company that helps get the younger generations traveling more. Still teach sailing, but take alumni on a couple trips each year to exotic places(not the Caribbean). Buy every T206 Honus Wagner in existence and a few other super rare cards and be able to name my own price at a later date after I spend the rest of the money on women and booze.