Promontory Beta?

Going to do a two week climbing and relaxing trip in a few weeks through the OR/CA redwood coast and want to spend a few days at Promontory. I have read through the Mountain Project info and an article or two on the Blackbeard's Tears send, but that's about all I can find.

Anyone been there? Climb recommendations? My wife and climb/try everything up to mid 12's. I'm guessing there isn't a better guide than the digital stuff on MP, but would love to know more.

Any other spots nearby (within 90 minutes - coastal or inland) that are worth hitting up for a day or two?

It's probably a long shot on the TRGs, but thought I'd put the questions out there. Thanks!

There is an old book by Paul Humphrey but it is probably out of print since he's deceased. You might be able to find it at a local store. Otherwise maybe try this book from Wolverine Publishing?

https://www.wolverinepublishing.com/...rn-california/

haven't been that far north but if you're coming from the bay then salt point may be worth a stop, for a lot of reasons.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I went there two summers ago to escape choking smoke in Southern OR.
    It's a worthy area, recently retrobolted by local Evan Wisheropp with burly titanium glue-ins. If you can locate Evan, throw him some cash, his work is stellar. The beta on MP is solid.

We climbed all of the moderates on the Puff Boulder. The Main Wall contains the ultra-difficult "Blackbeard's Tears."

One of the best is the aptly-named "Plague of Flies" on the Exploding Energy Boulder, directly facing the ocean over crashing waves below. Quite the experience! Insect repellent is advised.

Consider also the area to the south called "High Bluffs." A plethora of excellent moderates and also retrobolted by Wisheropp. The approach is sketch but the climbing is outstanding.

You could get lucky and find good surf at Wilson Creek. Lots of great limestone outposts in far nor cal. Cecilville and Marble caves are amazing and the Salmon river is a spectacular drive. The Alps for epic granite.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    There is an old book by Paul Humphrey but it is probably out of print since he's deceased. You might be able to find it at a local store. Otherwise maybe try this book from Wolverine Publishing?

https://www.wolverinepublishing.com/...rn-california/
    Nice - that looks like a good book to have around, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    haven't been that far north but if you're coming from the bay then salt point may be worth a stop, for a lot of reasons.
    That place looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rando510 View Post
    I went there two summers ago to escape choking smoke in Southern OR.
    It's a worthy area, recently retrobolted by local Evan Wisheropp with burly titanium glue-ins. If you can locate Evan, throw him some cash, his work is stellar. The beta on MP is solid.

We climbed all of the moderates on the Puff Boulder. The Main Wall contains the ultra-difficult "Blackbeard's Tears."

One of the best is the aptly-named "Plague of Flies" on the Exploding Energy Boulder, directly facing the ocean over crashing waves below. Quite the experience! Insect repellent is advised.

Consider also the area to the south called "High Bluffs." A plethora of excellent moderates and also retrobolted by Wisheropp. The approach is sketch but the climbing is outstanding.
    Word. High Bluffs looks like a unique area - sounds like it is possible to get caught out on the boulder as the tide comes in? Will probably check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    You could get lucky and find good surf at Wilson Creek. Lots of great limestone outposts in far nor cal. Cecilville and Marble caves are amazing and the Salmon river is a spectacular drive. The Alps for epic granite.
    Will probably loop over towards Callahan on the way back to OR, and these look like some fine options.

Thanks all - much appreciated.

what

not too sure - but this is intriguing...